PDA

View Full Version : Applying Color Over Color

UP Lisa
April 28th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Hello. I am planning to color my hair with a demi-permanant color this weekend. However, I have a little bit of semi-permanant (Clairol Loving Care) left in my hair. Will this cause a problem? I will be going darker.

Maddy25
April 28th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Not going darker it wont :) It is always very easy to darken hair, it will work out fine, its lightening that is tricky :D I've put colour ovr colour for years, all you have to worry about is that when the top colour fades, the bottom one will be visable.

UP Lisa
April 28th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Thank you. Doesn't the color that is still on there affect the color you end up with, though?

KajiKodomo
April 28th, 2010, 12:50 PM
Yes, it does influence it somewhat. What color do you have now (if it's the same as the picture, it's pretty light) and what color do you want to achieve?

If you have reddish hair and want an ashy color, you need to make sure to purchase an ashy hair color. It will fade somewhat back to a brassier/reddish tone, but not too bad.

UP Lisa
April 28th, 2010, 01:08 PM
My natural color is a dark blonde. The last stuff I put in was Auburn. When I put that on I still had some of a light ash brown on it. I am trying to go Red.

KajiKodomo
April 28th, 2010, 01:16 PM
You should have no problem going red. It'll probably be more of a medium to dark auburn color than a true red if that's what you're looking for, depending on the brand of dye you use. :D

UP Lisa
April 28th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Well, I'm using Wella Color Touch Rich Autumn Red. After I bought it, I found out that they come aout a full level darker than they look, so I'm afraid of going too dark.