PDA

View Full Version : Best braid/s for nice braidwaves?

julliams
April 28th, 2010, 07:11 AM
I get a bit of a Hermoine Granger look when I leave my hair in braids which is not the look I'm going for. If anything I'm looking for something that makes my hair look less full but still hangs in neat waves. Is there a particular braid style or set of braids that will achieve the soft, big waves I see often here at LHC? I'm about to head off to bed so I'm thinking that putting my hair in braids might achieve this look but just not sure if I should french braid, put in three separate braids or ...

yellowchariot
April 28th, 2010, 07:23 AM
I could be wrong, but the more braids you have, the more fullness/wavy it will be. Try doing 1 BIG french or dutch braid, using big sections and loose tension. Just a thought. I hope this helps! :)

julliams
April 28th, 2010, 07:29 AM
That's what I figured. Have just done the one french braid and used a ribbon under my elastic as mentioned in another thread. I'll report tomorrow.

yellowchariot
April 28th, 2010, 07:35 AM
That's what I figured. Have just done the one french braid and used a ribbon under my elastic as mentioned in another thread. I'll report tomorrow.

^ Awesome, that will most likely work, as long as your tension is loose and not too tight. :thumbsup:

julliams
April 28th, 2010, 09:48 PM
Well, it seems a singe french braid produces the exact wave pattern I normally have - basically I took it out and my hair looked normal. So many I have to go for twin french braids and perhaps do them when my hair is still damp.

spidermom
April 28th, 2010, 09:49 PM
I find rope braid waves to be especially attractive.

deviantkitten
April 28th, 2010, 10:19 PM
You could always try to put a TINY bit of oil through your hair and brush it through hair well before braiding. I have the same problems when I braid. I take it down, and it's a lion's mane rather than nice soft braid waves. The oil coats the hair just enough so that you still get the waves, but it really tames the frizzy poof
Hope this helps!

JamieLeigh
April 28th, 2010, 10:22 PM
You're definitely going to want to do a Dutch or French, because otherwise the waves would start at your neck. :p The tighter you braid, the smaller the waves will be. And if you use a rope braid, you'll get curls along with the wave. :)