PDA

View Full Version : Velcro ends saved... can it be?

marikamt
April 27th, 2010, 03:06 PM
I started the two week rule about two weeks ago.... wanting to get a 1-2" trim. The reason? My ends were awful, in spite of babying them... no sulfates, no cones, no heat, etc, etc....... they felt dry, straw like, tangle-y, etc.

Well, before going for my trim in the next day or two, I decided to clarify my ends (my hair did not feel bad or gunky, just the ends felt icky). I did a coney leave in on the last inch or two..... guess what? it worked!

My ends feel soooooooo much better, I really can't believe it, I am a more than a little shocked that it worked.

Is it possible? Could this have happened? What could have caused the buildup/ ickiness on just my ends?

Amraann
April 27th, 2010, 04:30 PM
You used a cone conditioner?

Maybe it smoothed and coated it?

sarah061
April 27th, 2010, 04:32 PM
Ooh, yay! I don't know what could have caused the buildup there, unless it was just products not being completely washed out in the shower?? But wow! I'll remember that the next time my ends start feeling awful and try and not give up on them so soon.

marikamt
April 27th, 2010, 04:36 PM
You used a cone conditioner?

Maybe it smoothed and coated it?

I wondered about that.... but I only used about 1/4 tsp on my very ends (as a leave in)........ I used a non-cone conditioner after clarifying

Capybara
April 27th, 2010, 04:36 PM
That's great!

This happened to me, although a little bit differently. I used s straightening serum, and after a few weeks my hair was like straw. I decided to stop using the serum and...no more straw ends!:D I didn't know to check, but I'm guessing it contained some heavy-duty cones.

Amraann
April 27th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Whatever you used it worked!!!!!

I would love to know what products you used so that I could try it:)