PDA

View Full Version : Lets talk Cheese

Purdy Bear
April 27th, 2010, 11:04 AM
I know that Cheese can greatly help hair growth when eatten, but is there a certain type of cheese that is better then the others, or is it any cheese?

I dont like cheese much but I do like muscapone cheese (its like a very thick double cream that is set). Do you think that would have the same affect?

Please advise, cause I may use the hold the nose and swollow the cheese if I need too.

Thanks
Purdy

Amraann
April 27th, 2010, 11:37 AM
I never heard that cheese was good for your hair.
But I do eat tons of it because I do like it.

Maybe it is just the calcium that is good for you? If so then you can derive that from many sources without having to eat cheese.

I really love Laughing Cow cheeses on crackers. Cottage cheese, mozzarella and cheddar.

Possibly you can use cheese in cooking? Maybe that would make it more palatable to you?

JenniferNoel
April 27th, 2010, 12:12 PM
It's got great healthy nutrients for hair. Protein, calcium, something like that. I'm no nutritionist, but I do love cheeses of all kinds.
Like all foods, too much is, well, too much, but I like to have a little cheese on every appropriate dish. I always feel better after cheese.
:gobblecheese:

lindenblossom
April 27th, 2010, 12:52 PM
I think the "cheese thing" is just a funny joke on LHC. Don't think that you need to eat cheese if you don't like it!

Some people here enjoy cheese and other dairy products for the protein and the iron they can provide. I don't believe calcium is absorbed very well via dairy due to the protein (dark leafy greens are better for calcium).

However, there are lots of other people here who don't eat dairy at all due to tradition, being vegan, and/or having an intolerance, so it's certainly not necessary to eat cheese for long hair!

jera
April 27th, 2010, 02:56 PM
It's got great healthy nutrients for hair. Protein, calcium, something like that. I'm no nutritionist, but I do love cheeses of all kinds.
Like all foods, too much is, well, too much, but I like to have a little cheese on every appropriate dish. I always feel better after cheese.
:gobblecheese:

That is the funniest emoticon I've ever seen !!

Actually people into macrobiotics believe that cheese and all dairy products are bad for you. :( I love cheese but limit my intake. Try to eat organic cheese if you do choose to eat cheese dairy products are loaded with hormones that could upset your own hormone balance and actually cause hair loss, but this would depend on what's causing your hair loss in the first place.

I'd advise eating the cheese you like but only if it's organic. I don't see why cheese shouldn't be healthy if it's hormone free. I've never met a cheese I didn't like. :D