PDA

View Full Version : Got a haircut today

christinemariep
April 26th, 2010, 07:50 PM
I had planned to wait a few more months to go to the hairdresser so I wouldn't lose any of my length, but I just couldn't stand my roots showing anymore!
When I looked at my calendar, I realized that instead of a month like I had thought:), it had been 7 weeks since I had my hair cut last. I had my hairdresser touch up my color and put some layers in my hair, but did not let her touch the length. Will post pics tomorrow!

fisher2
April 26th, 2010, 08:23 PM
how did your haircut effect your roots? did you get a new dye or did you shave your head?

jexichan
April 26th, 2010, 08:26 PM
I bet the unexpected passage of time was a nice surprise! I'm glad you have a hairdresser that you can trust to not take any length off. Microtrimming and hennaing my own hair has made me quite paranoid about letting others anywhere near mine, haha.

At any rate, the little trims and accouterments really help get you through growing out short hair. Happy growing!

sarah061
April 26th, 2010, 10:06 PM
That's nice that you didn't get any taken off the overall length but still got to shape things up - I always feel so great after a fresh haircut (if it was a good one, that is hehe). And man I miss coloring my hair! I love how fresh and polished I feel afterwards. Glad you had a good hairdressers experience!

christinemariep
April 27th, 2010, 07:01 AM
Fisher, sorry, I don't understand your question. I went to the hairdresser to get my roots dyed and she freshened up the color of the rest of my hair. I dreaded going, though, because she includes a haircut in the price of coloring it and I did want her to put some layers in my hair, but was afraid she'd feel the need to trim, too, which worried me because I didn't want to lose length. Did I imply that I got my head shaved in my post?

kristymarie87
April 27th, 2010, 08:33 AM
I though that too! I read that you got your hair cut and then below -

'I had planned to wait a few more months to go to the hairdresser so I wouldn't lose any of my length, but I just couldn't stand my roots showing anymore!'

Which i took as you went to get it cut because you didnt mention dye, which made me confused as well! Its not that you implied you shaved your head, just the way it was worded.

I had that kind of episode where i was like 'only got it cut 4 weeks ago im not cutting!' but then when i looked it had been about 9 weeks! I felt ok about having a trim then, but i only get the very ends cut in to as aposed to cut off. I get the hairdresser to cut up instead of across.

christinemariep
April 27th, 2010, 12:46 PM
LOL, sorry, I had mentioned when I did progress pics recently that I would wait to get my hair retouched for 2 more months, so I guess I shouldn't assume everyone saw the thread and remembered it. Don't you know you all should be able to read my mind...hehehe....

FrannyG
April 27th, 2010, 01:44 PM
I understood you. I look forward to the photos. :)

truepeacenik
April 29th, 2010, 09:17 AM
Yes, photos or link to them, please.
I'm far too chicken to use color on my hair, even as highlights.