PDA

View Full Version : Polarized sunglasses and S&D -

masa_inn
April 26th, 2010, 06:35 PM
they made for each other :)

Seriously speaking, I love my polarized sunglasses and cannot imaging driving in Atlanta without them. Turns out, they also make the split ends really, really pop! I don't know the physics behind the polarization, but regular sunglasses were nearly useless for S&D.

My hair is too layered for the "braid and turn" (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=44222) method and I was getting discouraged; and my beloved glasses saved the day.

Hope it will help someone :)

Flynn
April 26th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Clever! I wonder what is going on there... Maybe you're cutting out the background glare, but the light reflected off the splits is polarised differently, so they aren't cut by the polarised glasses and you can see them clearly against the glare-reduced background....? I don't know.

MommaJ
April 26th, 2010, 06:53 PM
I will have to try this out. Who knew?

MsBubbles
April 26th, 2010, 07:03 PM
Great tip! I swear by polarized sunglasses when driving around Atlanta too :sun:. But mine are to eliminate glare which sets off my migraines. I will have to check out the splits next time! Got plenty of 'em!

Angeletti
April 26th, 2010, 07:13 PM
I will have to try it out, anything to help with that task is a plus

JenniferNoel
April 27th, 2010, 12:34 AM
Almost all I ever wear is polarized, and I never thought to use 'em for S&D! I'll keep that in mind next time I have the opportunity to try.

freckles
April 27th, 2010, 12:57 AM
wow :) I'll have to get some (or steal the boyfriend's) and try this out :) thanks :)

little_acorn
April 27th, 2010, 02:18 AM
Thanks for the hot tip, I shall definitely be trying this one out :D