PDA

View Full Version : One little problem. I need opinions.

JenniferNoel
April 26th, 2010, 01:16 PM
Ya see, I'm the kind of gal that likes to have multiple sides of the story... so here we go.
As you all know, I carefully and cautiously lightened my hair from a medium dark purple to a golden honey blonde with 30v peroxide, and re-touched the bottom layers for 20 minutes only after oiling and conditioning thoroughly. My hair is still feeling lovely, looking great, and acting marvelously, no splits or breakage.
However - the lower layers of my hair only made it to a dark strawberry blonde. I did a mini SMT yesterday and then conditioned, hair still just fine, but I don't know how safe it would be to re touch the dark parts. Some streaks by the side are actually a light chocolate brown (does not look good at all).
I really feel the need to even it up a wee bit more (another 15-20 minutes), but my common sense is starting to think otherwise.
So if it is safe to re-touch, should I just do an SMT and wait a few days/weeks or something like that? Because I have some places to go and things to do meanwhile, and I feel funny being noticeably two toned. I am an oily greaseball in this pic but you sure can see the issue! Longest strands at bottom BSL (red line)

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc15/jenny_the_strange/DSC06355.jpg

So, all of you chem color gurus, what do you think? :run:

spidermom
April 26th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Not a coloring guru, but I think the multiple tones looks very cool, and I wouldn't do a thing other than trim a teeny bit.

loralie
April 26th, 2010, 01:28 PM
First off your hair is gorgeous, I love the waves!

So you're trying to get to blonde, right? I've gone from black to blonde twice in my life. Lost a ton of length. Usually breakage happens after the 2nd bleach. First off I would pull/take a lightened shed hair and strength test it, near the bottom. Is it snapping easily? How does it look when you hold it up to the light? If it's really brittle, your hair is going to need to recover for a while. I think any more bleaches and you'll for sure need to trim the ends, they're the most vulnerable and get the most damaged by the bleach.

I would wait it out, give it a couple of weeks and treat it real real nice! I honestly think the two toned thing is striking, (not to mention pretty in style) so I'd rock it for a bit if I were you! If it bothers you alot just wear it up, two toned hair looks lovely in updos.

Unofficial_Rose
April 26th, 2010, 03:00 PM
You know, a lot of people have been getting the 'light on top, dark underlayer' thing done in salons on purpose. :)

ericthegreat
April 26th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Speaking as a guy who recently became blond himself, I definitely have to warn you NOT to do any more bleaching or put any more color on top of what you have on your head right now. You will very likely wreck your hair very badly, its just way too soon for you to do anything else to your hair.

I get my highlights re-done every 5 to 6 weeks like clockwork. I do nothing else chemically to my hair whatsoever at all in between those highlight appointments, and I baby my hair like crazy to compensate all the chemical damage I am potentially subjecting it to. For my regular haircare routine, I only use conditioner to rinse my hair every night, and once a week I soak it in coconut oil and leave it in overnight before washing it out the next morning.

Your hair must be quite strong as well Jen, to hold up so well even after going from dark purple to I remember blood red and also neon green. You are very lucky you were able to become blond without seriously damage, but now I would urge you to not push your hair any further. I actually like the two toned look on you, it gives your head of hair more dimension that just an all over single color would give you. For now, just baby your hair and allow it to rest and build its strength up for next month or so. :flower:

Amraann
April 26th, 2010, 04:23 PM
I agree with Eric.

I say just baby it for awhile.
It does not look bad.