PDA

View Full Version : How you part your hair

Pages : [1] 2

Lunnafindel
April 26th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Just wondering how other people part their hair, and whether it ever changes. I have the impression that most longhairs part down the center, and I used to as well, but a couple years ago I started parting my hair to the side and now I can't imagine doing the center part again...I feel like it makes me look weird.
How much does your part affect your perception of your face?
Do you change how you part your hair often?
Are there some parts that you feel would just never work for you?
Do you see any distinct pros/cons to certain styles?
(best of all) Do you think there are stereotypes/personalities that correspond to each style?

GuinevereMay
April 26th, 2010, 11:11 AM
My sister (a stylist) told me to change my part everyday because if you do the same part, it widens. I've seen pictures of people who always part their hair the same way and it seems to be true.

I look better with a side part and tend to part either center or on the left side, but, like I said, it's different everyday.

AgnesONutter
April 26th, 2010, 11:25 AM
When loose I tend to part in the centre, or possibly lately to the left side. Usually, I do try to comb it backwards, though.

Alcenaia
April 26th, 2010, 11:27 AM
My natural part is mostly center, but it bends a little right at the hairline. Sometimes I leave it, sometimes I fix it to be totally centered, and most of the time I brush it back over the crown.

LunarAurora
April 26th, 2010, 11:30 AM
I part to the center. I've always done like that, it is just a habit.
I'll try to part my hair to the side, to see if it looks great or not.

But fringe is definitely not for me, as my hair tends to be naturally wavy.

I don't know if each style corresponds to a personnality. A part at the center looks much more "pure" and innocent in my opinion, but in fact it depends on the shape of your face, etc

spidermom
April 26th, 2010, 11:30 AM
I don't like the look of a straight slash of scalp, so I seldom part my hair. I let it fall as it may. Today my non-part starts slightly right of center, goes toward the left, and then my hair falls every-which-way.

Even when I'm doing 2 braids or 2 buns, I generally stick my finger or a stick through my hair at the center of my neck, then pull my hair to each side from there.

Peter
April 26th, 2010, 11:35 AM
I change mine every few days. It's usually in the center or on the left, but occasionally on the right.

TiaKitty
April 26th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Mine changes with my mood... I like center, but with my wispie fringies, sometimes it's fun to do to one side.

restourceful
April 26th, 2010, 11:47 AM
I voted side. Always on my right side since this is where my cowlick dictates it will be. I have a round, squatty face, and I think a side part keeps it from looking too round and squatty. When I wear it up it's mostly smoothed straight back over my crown with just a hint of the part since my cowlick dictates it will be there. Moo.

missjessiecakes
April 26th, 2010, 12:16 PM
I voted other. I have bangs now so those are unparted the rest of my hair changes but usually middle-ish or left. I pony it a lot so then its straight back. :)

skarab
April 26th, 2010, 12:17 PM
I don't like the look of a straight slash of scalp, so I seldom part my hair. I let it fall as it may. Today my non-part starts slightly right of center, goes toward the left, and then my hair falls every-which-way.

Even when I'm doing 2 braids or 2 buns, I generally stick my finger or a stick through my hair at the center of my neck, then pull my hair to each side from there.

Spidermom, I love non-parts. Alas, so many years of my mother parting it in the centre and then me doing it out of habit have made it impossible for me to not have a part. I can give myself a side part if I do it when my hair is wet because the curling of my hair keeps it in place, but if I just brush it back it will inevitably split in the centre.
Has anyone had this and managed to break out of it?

Merewen
April 26th, 2010, 12:25 PM
I voted "side", although some days my part has a mind of its own. I parted in the middle for a long time, and then moved it to the left. Some days I find it decided to part itself on the right, where I don't want it to be.

Angeletti
April 26th, 2010, 12:40 PM
I usually do a wide zig zag part so I don't have a straight part down the middle

wilddaisies
April 26th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Side part. I rotate from side to side before taking a shower quite often. (the water helps to re-shape it so it does not lay funny) I will somtimes wear a center part but stick to a side when in public cause I think I look nicer with a side part.

JamieLeigh
April 26th, 2010, 01:03 PM
I mostly wear it up, so there is no part when it is styled...but it parts naturally in the center when I take it down. Sometimes I like to part it on the side to give it faux sideswept bangs when I do an updo, but for the most part I guess I'd vote center.

Kelli Kat
April 26th, 2010, 01:49 PM
When I wear it down, I always part on the right side. When I wear it up, its all back over the crown with no part.

Aleria
April 26th, 2010, 01:56 PM
My natural part is center, but for the last few months I've been parting it to the right. My hair's starting to get used to it, but it really prefers a zig-zaggy center part. I have scars right along there, and my part always followed them.

Svenja
April 26th, 2010, 01:58 PM
I part it as it falls actually.

Mae
April 26th, 2010, 02:00 PM
My sister (a stylist) told me to change my part everyday because if you do the same part, it widens. I've seen pictures of people who always part their hair the same way and it seems to be true.

This is good to know! I usually part my hair in the same place, and I do notice that is rather wide, so I think I'll start switching it up a bit.

I part my hair on the left side (my left).

-How much does your part affect your perception of your face?
I think a side part looks better on my heart/diamond shaped face. Center parts make my forehead look big to me.

-Do you change how you part your hair often?
No, sometimes I try to switch sides, but then my hair is really tall in the middle, and it looks strange.

-Are there some parts that you feel would just never work for you?
I don't think a center part would work for me because of my face shape, and combing it all back with no part would never stay with my fine, slippery hair.

-Do you see any distinct pros/cons to certain styles?
I think they all have advantages and disadvantages.

-Do you think there are stereotypes/personalities that correspond to each style?
Maybe center-parters are more mentally balanced? :D

Savvyhorsez
April 26th, 2010, 02:04 PM
I picked other since I tend to switch it almost daily.

Juliannaissance
April 26th, 2010, 03:12 PM
Mine is always slightly off center a little to the right.

Katrina
April 26th, 2010, 03:42 PM
I voted center. My hair parts naturally in the center.

*Aoife*
April 26th, 2010, 03:45 PM
My natural parting is a centre parting. I don't like it, but I honestly can't change it. I can't even get it to brush backwards over the crown into a pony/bun :( If anyone has any tips on getting it to all go back, I'd love to hear them!

karenpetal
April 26th, 2010, 08:13 PM
I change my part according to the style I am wearing -
Loose - Center
Ponytail/Braid - No part all swept back
For fancy styles I side part

ArienEllariel
April 26th, 2010, 08:15 PM
Just wondering how other people part their hair, and whether it ever changes. I have the impression that most longhairs part down the center, and I used to as well, but a couple years ago I started parting my hair to the side and now I can't imagine doing the center part again...I feel like it makes me look weird.
How much does your part affect your perception of your face?
Do you change how you part your hair often?
Are there some parts that you feel would just never work for you?
Do you see any distinct pros/cons to certain styles?
(best of all) Do you think there are stereotypes/personalities that correspond to each style?

I usually part my hair to the side. I try to switch it up on occasion. I had a center part all through childhood but since growing my bangs out I dislike how this looks on me (unless I'm doing certain updos like heidi braids or something like that). In general if my hair is down, I never part it in the middle. Not only does it make me look like my mother but since I have a rather roundish face, it's not all that flattering either. One part I think would never work for me is a zigzag part. I've tried to achieve it all through my teen years to make my hair look "fun" and different but they never stay (I think some of this is I have a couple cowlicks in my hair) and I always have hairs that stick up all over when I try.

I don't think there are really any cons to side parts (unless you're trying to part your hair into reasonably equal sections for pigtails and the like). In any event I've always been able to make it work for me. I think a lot of people today dislike center partings (I see very few individuals who choose to part their hair this way). To me, the center parting can come across as being matronly and plain looking (not on all individuals of course. There are some peope who pull off a center parting quite well).

Lunnafindel
April 27th, 2010, 12:27 AM
To me, the center parting can come across as being matronly and plain looking (not on all individuals of course. There are some peope who pull off a center parting quite well).

That's sort of what I was thinking - maybe not plain, but simple...and for me it always feels childish, but I think that's just because I always parted my hair in the center when I was a child. But I agree that some people can pull it off, and I wonder if I really don't look good with a center part or if it's just all in my head...? (but of course it's all in my head - it's my hair! :p)
And the pulled back hairstyle makes me think of athletes or someone serious about what s/he's doing.

JenniferNoel
April 27th, 2010, 12:50 AM
Now that I have small bangs, I part them to the left, and comb the rest back under a headband every day. Works perfectly and looks good, hair up or down.

sugarpixie10988
April 27th, 2010, 01:26 AM
I try to do a side part, but my bangs are growing out and tend to look wonky. When they do I usually try to just work with the bangs or I pull my hair back so I don't have a part showing at all. Once they finish growing out I'll continue to do side parts simply because I think they look better on me! :)

jackiesjottings
April 27th, 2010, 04:30 AM
Centre parting for me which seems to be where it naturally falls.

MAO
April 27th, 2010, 10:58 AM
My hair naturally parts from the left and refuses to be tamed to do anything else!

ZaBasDa
April 27th, 2010, 11:27 AM
I usually don't part my hair unless for two braids or something similar. My hair often falls in a slight off center part that is very squiggly. I have trouble making my hair go straight back without a part unless it's in a very tight updo.

Sammich
April 27th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Depends on the day, sometimes day before wash(at home) I comb my hair everywhere (Backwards usually), or sometimes I keep it in my side diagonal bang swept part(Left), furthermore I sometimes center part (Nearly typed park!) if I feel the need for change.
But otherwise, I just chose "Bangs/fringe part." :p

Cirafly24
April 27th, 2010, 11:58 AM
My hair naturally parts in the center, even after parting it on the side for almost two years. Nowadays, I usually let it dry in its natural center part, then if I'm wearing it down, I part it on the left side. For updos, I almost always smooth it all back with no part.

FrannyG
April 27th, 2010, 01:52 PM
I have full bangs, and the rest of the hair just automatically parts in the middle. When my bangs were grown out, I my hair was still usually parted in the middle because that's the way my hair naturally just falls.

kelly-j
April 27th, 2010, 02:23 PM
When I wear my hair loose (which is very rare), I prefer to wear my part in the center.
When I wear it in updos, I mostly brush it all back over the crown.

Nae
April 27th, 2010, 03:28 PM
I chose other because it just parts wherever it falls for the day. Sometimes in the middle, sometimes off to the side, sometimes the other side. I am an enigma hehe.

embee
April 27th, 2010, 05:49 PM
I selected "side" but I also often make a center part. It depends on how I feel. Sometimes I switch sides from my left to my right. Some days I just brush it straight back. Maybe I should have said "other"? ;)

Yozhik
April 27th, 2010, 08:01 PM
My hair likes its middle, slightly off-center (to the right) part. It tends to go there unless I forcibly part it somewhere else.

I used to always part on the left, but a hairstylist told me that it would be more flattering on the right (because my eyes are slightly disproportionate with my left one a little squintier). She also told me that my hair was thinner on one side of my head than the other. I've never really noticed this to be true, but maybe it is. :shrug:

In any case, if I chose to part my hair, I part it to the right. I feel that when it's in the middle, I look a little more serious and plain.

Loreley
April 28th, 2010, 06:27 AM
I always part it in the centre. :)

naereid
April 28th, 2010, 07:12 AM
[/URL][URL="http://girlhairstyles.blogspot.com/2008/02/how-your-parting-hair-tell-about-your.html"]There are some articles floating around the internet about what your part says about your personality (http://www.zimbio.com/Hairstyles+and+Haircare+101/articles/25/How+Parting+Hair+tell+Personality). :grnbiggri

I part on the right side. It doesn't matter whether my hair is down, in a ponytail, in a braid, in a bun, in pigtails, it's always in the same place.
I don't vary the position because my hair is so used to it that it always goes back to where it usually is. Up until a couple of years ago I had it in the middle and it always used to revert back to that, too. So the "natural part" is a mystery to me.

I never do the no-part because I feel it looks too harsh on me. But sometimes I do a center-part if I'm feeling 19th-century-ish.

Sweetbaby
April 28th, 2010, 07:48 AM
My part falls to the left. It always has. I think when I was a little girl it was parted in the middle. Somewhere along the way in my twenties I went to a left part, now it won't have it any other way, though I do try on occasion to do it different, b/c the part does seem to widen.

I notice a lot of people part left, swept to the right.

ravenreed
April 28th, 2010, 08:13 AM
I change my part to suit what I am doing with my hair. I usually part it off to the right, but sometimes I will part it in the center, like for double buns or braids. However, occasionally I also will start my part off to the right, but end in the center, making a diagonal part.

Finoriel
April 28th, 2010, 10:40 AM
My part is naturally on the left side, pushed there by a widow´s peak and a cowlick above my right eye. I never change it, since it almost hurts to try that and it will magically appear again in the exact same spot anyways, so I just don´t bother to try.
I wear it like that since years and there are no ill effects for my hair. Part is as wide as it always was :shrug:. So I don´t believe into the "change your part frequently otherwise your hair will *thin out, shed more, grow uneven, take over world supremacy*-stories" :wink:

teela1978
April 28th, 2010, 11:07 AM
My natural part falls a little to the right, and I usually let it part itself that way. I love the look of non-parted hair, mine doesn't seem to be thick enough to actually do that though, comb it straight back and it'll have its usual side part form within 10 minutes or so.

Tegaladwen
April 28th, 2010, 04:30 PM
My natural parting is central but I keep it to the side on my left. It seems to suit my round face shape better as a central parting seems to accentuate the roundness. I get a bit paranoid that the partings not straight. Sometimes I'm at the mirror for ages trying to get it straight! :rolleyes:

xovictoryxo
April 28th, 2010, 08:11 PM
bangs...diagonal

BunnyBee
April 28th, 2010, 09:09 PM
I don't bother parting, my hair naturally parts to the side and changing it is uncomfortable. I let it do what it wants. I am done arguing with my hair.

Nastasia
April 28th, 2010, 09:30 PM
My hair naturally parts in the center, and I've never even tried changing it. I comb it all back for updos, but I've never tried side parts.

GimpyHopAlong
April 29th, 2010, 09:46 AM
I have a MASSIVE cowlick on the right side of my hairline that absolutely will not be parted any other way than the way it wants :) so side it is.

Clarisse
April 29th, 2010, 10:26 AM
I don't really have a part at all. I just comb my hair back over the crown... If I part my hair, it gets into my eyes - very annoying!

RedStripe
April 29th, 2010, 10:29 AM
My hair tends to fall into a natural center part, but I don't like it exactly at the center, so I make it a little bit to the side. Lately I've also been experimenting with just combing it back for a no-part look, but a part always seems to form anyway.

grldollies
April 29th, 2010, 10:07 PM
I voted to the side! :D

I part my hair to my left for the last 22 years since Ive kept it long.
If I let it fall where it wants, it would be mostly in the middle - just a smidgen to my left.

Only when I was in grade school did I part my long hair in in the middle.
When I had shorter hair in high school to my early 20s & with bangs did
I part my hair in the middle (minus the front bangs).

One thing I can say - I have been happiest with my hair style the last 22 years.
I can not see myself with a short do, never again.

- Have a Great Hair Day! - Gay : ) Qapla' :puppykisses:

SpeakingEZ
April 30th, 2010, 02:02 AM
I part my hair on my left side. Before a couple years ago, I did it dead center all my life and the hair had just kind of molded like that. After two years of side part, it's starting to mold there, too. Time to flip to the other side, I guess.

zen_oven
April 30th, 2010, 09:41 AM
I said bangs/fringe, but I guess I really have sort of a side part. It can drift to the middle sometimes though.

PadmeAmidala
April 30th, 2010, 10:18 AM
My hair wants to part in the middle, but I don't like that too much, so I don't wear that very often.

I part it on the right side.

Meagan
April 30th, 2010, 04:06 PM
Im a flipper

Misery
April 30th, 2010, 04:47 PM
It parts naturally at the centre, but I pull it back when I'm wearing it up.

fashionaddict
May 3rd, 2010, 02:21 PM
I tend to change it quite a bit, but usually it is on the left or in the center.

little_cherry
May 3rd, 2010, 02:35 PM
I used to part down the center in high school, but since I have a large nose, the center part draws attention to it.. :p Now I part mine on the left. It's a much softer look.

Laylah
May 3rd, 2010, 09:35 PM
I part in the center...I can't stand having one side significantly thicker than the other. My hair parts naturally in the center, so I don't have to do it intentionally.

Hana
May 4th, 2010, 06:41 AM
mine was centre for a long time, with my fringe, but i've graduated back to the right hand side, where it used to be before the fringe. its never in one set place though, it varies as to how much its off to one side.

elvishkat
May 5th, 2010, 05:06 AM
Mine was in the centre, but I made a conscious choice to change it permanently to going straight back a few months ago. I worked really hard to coax my classic length (it's harder because I only fingercomb) and after a while it worked! It's great, I have little curls at my temples that were hidden before. I like the way it frames my face too -- it's a good way to change your hair 'look' without doing something like cutting or dying.

Crazy Diamond
May 5th, 2010, 06:12 AM
I voted other becaus I don't part my hair, my hair parts itself depending on how the curls (rather big ones) happen to grow out. So I may have a part on the left side for a month, a part on the right side for some weeks when suddenly my hair won't do anything but part in the middle... I'm a mere slave here ;)

Dragon
June 29th, 2010, 07:29 AM
I change it once a week, It will be eaither be a Straight line, zig zag, curvy line or bricks.

Sissy
June 29th, 2010, 07:33 AM

I part in the center as that's where my part naturally seems to be. However, I am worried about what GuinevereMay says and have often felt that I should really try to train my part to be on the side sometimes, just haven't gotten around to it yet. I've been wearing a pony a lot lately so it's all slicked back, which gives it a break from the center part but as soon as I let it down it naturally parts in the center again.

HotRag
June 29th, 2010, 08:01 AM
I change it once a week, It will be eaither be a Straight line, zig zag, curvy line or bricks.
Maybe I should try something like that. I always part in the middle. In fact, I never have to make the part, it is in the middle since I wash and comb and do everything with the part intact.

handsclean
June 29th, 2010, 09:01 AM
I always part to the side- almost always left. I look terrible with a center part.

Druid of Alba
June 29th, 2010, 09:19 AM
I don't part my hair. After I wash it, I just comb it with my fingers, push it all back, and leave it. My hair is short right now, but when its longer, it all just stays behind my shoulders. Occasionally, a piece from the front may fall over my face, so I just push it all back again. I never part my hair, tuck it behind my ears, tie it back, anything. I just love it down and all pushed back, it feels and looks really natural, and really nice.
http://www.poptower.com/images/db/257/420/300/taylor-kitsch.jpg this is a lot like how my hair looks, pushed back like that. No part.
:)

Fufu
June 29th, 2010, 08:39 PM
im spotting dolly fringe, therefore no partings for me.

if my fringe outgrows, my parting is on my left.. not used to having parting on the right.

JenniferNoel
June 29th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Lately, over the past several months since I've cut bangs the part changes from slightly to the left to fully forward combed bangs. They're usually forward combed, with no part behind them.
I have thick, heavy, short bangs and pretty much need them like air.

Juneii
June 29th, 2010, 08:57 PM
I voted other, I have bangs, but behind the bangs the part goes to the left, right above the arch of my eyebrow. It naturally goes to the center, but I like the side more XD

Synthemesc
June 30th, 2010, 02:59 AM
Was forced to always have a middle part as a child, which looks terrible on me. Now I almost always part to the right, sometimes to the left when I'm feeling frisky.

Hotrox
June 30th, 2010, 03:08 AM
I go centre left, or fully left - depending on my mood. For up pony I always go straight back with a small quiff. A straight, straight back makes me look like a 'slap head' apparently :rolleyes:

slythwolf
June 30th, 2010, 03:51 AM
My hair wants to part slightly to the side. I've been parting down the center since I learned that for a long time in Western culture it was traditional for men to part on the side and women in the center (this is how you can tell the sex in portraits of very young children, from times when they all wore dresses). I do a lot of costuming and reenactment stuff so I've sort of been training my part.

KittyLost
June 30th, 2010, 04:29 AM
I part my hair slightly off center as that's where my hair naturally falls if I brush it all back when wet and leave it to dry. It's just to the right of my nose. I'd rather have it all brushed backwards though I don't know why haha.

GreyArea
June 30th, 2010, 05:38 AM
I part in the center, but nowadays I part it to the left.

jane53
June 30th, 2010, 06:26 AM
Can't really answer the poll because I pretty much sort of side part, but I have bangs, and when I wear it up or back, it's pull back over my crown, except for the bangs. And there's one style in which I center part. So I'm other. Though I wish I could've voted for :cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:!

Cheeks1206
June 30th, 2010, 06:38 AM
I always part to the side. That is how my hair wants to part and I feel it is more flattering for me.

Long_hair_guy
June 30th, 2010, 10:28 AM
On the right or in the centre. Different hairstyles means different partings

DARKMARTIAN
June 30th, 2010, 10:59 AM
My hair just parts itself in the center. My "bangs" are two feet long....:p

eamane
June 30th, 2010, 11:13 AM
It depends, sometimes I part it center and sometimes a little to the left and sometimes I just let it fall how it likes ;)
Voted other...

zenobia
June 30th, 2010, 11:17 AM
I part the bangs to the side so they sweep over most of my forehead. The rest of my hair naturally parts in the center and I usually leave it like that.

Crackaleen
June 30th, 2010, 11:26 AM
I like to change it up. I used to part in the center, but lately I've been doing a 1ish inch part to the left and then just sweeping the rest back.

DARKMARTIAN
June 30th, 2010, 11:37 AM
"Parting is such sweet sorrow"

~William Shakespear

Druid of Alba
June 30th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Was forced to always have a middle part as a child, which looks terrible on me. Now I almost always part to the right, sometimes to the left when I'm feeling frisky.
How were you forced to have a middle part? Did your parents get mad if you parter to the side? :confused:

Cholera
June 30th, 2010, 03:12 PM
My part starts on the right side, pretty much straight up from my pupil, then I angle it toward the center of my head. I like this diagonal part because it lets my bangs fall normally, but the right side of my hair isn't too thin.

Gumball
June 30th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Most of the time my hair is back and up, so I really never have a need for a part. It's always back.

ifyouforget
June 30th, 2010, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by Darkmartian
"Parting is such sweet sorrow"

~William Shakespear
Hah!

I generally go with a deep left part, but am switching to a sweptback/generally centered part now, because I think it will both look nicer and help me to quit shoving my hair behind my ears constantly!

Prettyeyes23
June 30th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Alot of the times I like to put a little bit back and make a pouff and clip it with a little clip or using Bobby Pins. I find that if I do a center part then the hair just hangs in my face. Also the hair gets creases around my ears and glasses. But I really like the side part look when I want to put my hair up. Another thing I do is twist back little pieces of hair on the top and use a bobby pin to hold them in place. Sometimes only 2 twists, sometimes enough to go all the way to my ears. Looks really cute.:p

iShampoo
June 30th, 2010, 03:38 PM
My natural part is in the center, but I tend to keep it parted to the right. I just remembered why I started doing that; I didn't like the way my hair was parted down the center, but I liked the way my brother's hair was parted to the left. I didn't want to copy him, so I chose to part my hair to the right instead. :neutral:

heartgoesboom
July 10th, 2010, 07:11 PM
It's parted to the side, but I'd love for it to be all over. I just can't train my hair to go that way.

pennylane
July 10th, 2010, 07:47 PM
I part it center/ a little to the side, if that makes sense! :)

Schefflera
July 10th, 2010, 07:53 PM
Usually to the left, though not very far. Occasionally to the right or center just for a change.

I've tried sweeping it all back for updos. It doesn't stay well. I suppose I might be able to train it with more practice; on the other hand, it used to be such a hassle to get it to part neatly that I hesitate to discourage it!

OperaTeacherMom
July 10th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Generally to the side, but I switch up the sides because I get more volume that way. I also don't usually do straight parts, I kind of let them do their natural thing, not exactly a zigzag, but kind of a "messy" part. I like the look in curly hair :)

intothemist1999
July 11th, 2010, 07:31 AM
I voted other. I have bangs now so those are unparted the rest of my hair changes but usually middle-ish or left. I pony it a lot so then its straight back. :)

Ditto, except I bun mine rather than pony.

triumphator!
July 11th, 2010, 12:41 PM
I part my hair directly back from the pupil of my right eye. It's a good landmark and it is the shape of my bangs/fringe too.

merseaone
July 11th, 2010, 02:02 PM
I part my hair according to the style I want to wear. the good thing is when I poof my hair I don't need to part, just gel the hair, scrunch shorter top hair while blow drying it ( I don't blow dry the back at all!), then curling it with the 3/8ths inch curling rod, and I do curl bangs into it.

tinti
July 11th, 2010, 02:29 PM
I have bangs now, so I don't part it anymore, it just parts itself naturally :p But when I don't I part mine to the side.

Medievalmaniac
July 11th, 2010, 03:13 PM
i din't have a choice - my part is to the center. If I part it any other way, it looks dumb until it pushes back to its usual part - which is inevitable, alas.

serious
July 11th, 2010, 03:28 PM
My hair parts in the center naturally and that doesn't look good on me so I wear bangs.

Henrietta
August 3rd, 2010, 06:32 AM
I part center but with my diagonal fringe on the side. All in one:D

luxepiggy
August 3rd, 2010, 07:50 AM
I don't actively attempt to create a part. It just kind of . . . appears, and I have a habit of running my fingers through my hair from the hairline, over the top of the crown, so it tends to shift around within a given day (^(oo)^)v

pepperminttea
August 4th, 2010, 08:16 PM
I voted centre: I part where my hair naturally falls, which for me is just left of the centre.

kitschy
August 5th, 2010, 11:00 AM
I flip over and shake my head, toss it back upright and let it fall where it may. It seems to part helter-skelter on the left side slightly.

flowerlovelong
August 5th, 2010, 08:43 PM
A center most of the time here, but will do a side one from time to time to keep things interesting.

sarah061
August 5th, 2010, 09:03 PM
I part mine on the left. Started doing it when I had a shorter layery haircut that it looked really good with and have just help doing it ever since. I think I might change it to a center part when it reaches waist tho...

mordiana
August 6th, 2010, 09:56 AM
I let my hair part how it wants to part naturally, which is a nearly perfectly straight line right in the middle. It might be a boring part, but its what my hair does naturally, and I think side parts look funny on me, and not in a good way.

rtree721
December 29th, 2012, 03:06 PM
My part is different every day. It ranges from mostly center, to slightly askew, to deeply side parted. I would say the part I use most often is parted more on my right, but not a deep part, just kind of off center. But right now I am rockin a major side part... can you say comb over :]

froglet
December 29th, 2012, 05:39 PM
I voted side. Always on my right side since this is where my cowlick dictates it will be.

This exactly! I have a huge cowlick on the right side at my hairline, I have tried and tried to part my hair in the center but if I do, the hair where the cowlick is won't lay flat.

Ivybelle
December 29th, 2012, 05:58 PM
I voted center since this is where my hair wants to be parted. I don't fight with the hair, it always wins. lol

melusine963
December 30th, 2012, 03:52 PM
I had a centre part as a kid, then switched to a side part, back to a centre part, and now I don't have any (or very occasionaly a centre one). :) Occasionally I get bored and toy with the idea of re-introducing the side part.

Sharysa
December 30th, 2012, 07:57 PM
I part mine to the side most of the time, unless I'm showering. Then I switch to a center part.

missfaroe
January 2nd, 2013, 11:31 AM
i chance mine every time i wash my hair, but never in the center, it is not very flattering on me:p

missfaroe
January 2nd, 2013, 11:32 AM
ups, chance = change:D

Andrea H
January 2nd, 2013, 01:04 PM
Usually middle part, when I had bangs/were growing them out though I usually did a side part.

Majala
January 2nd, 2013, 01:48 PM
Usually I part it in the middle - where my natural part is. It goes all the way back to my cowlick at the back of my head. I can do whatever I want, but my part always goes all the way back except when I use a pin or something else to restrain my hair. But as soon as I let it free it parts again.

Achlys
February 28th, 2013, 04:22 PM
I part it in the middle. It is not perfectly straight and changes a bit if I have washed my hair upside down. Some baby hairs in the front ignore it, though.

I used to side part when I had bangs and short hair.

wandlimb
March 1st, 2013, 05:06 AM
My natural parting is slightly to the right hand side. I used to centre part when I was a kid but side looks better.

Kwantslonghair
March 1st, 2013, 05:20 AM
Side. One or the other. Like it on left best. It naturally parts in middle. I mix the part around like maybe a part close to center or closer to ear. Sometimes straight back if it will stay there

Zindell
March 1st, 2013, 07:14 AM
Other

I let my hair part and fall as it wishes. That's usually center'ish but not always and not always a straight line either. I also have some wispy bangs but they are too small to really affect any parting.

zift
March 1st, 2013, 07:23 AM
Although I'm told regularly that side part suits me better, I part from the center. Actually I don't part, my hair falls down that way.

jellymill
March 1st, 2013, 07:26 AM
I've been parting down the side since middle school even though I have bangs/fringe now. It's gotten long now so I just sweep it to the side along with the rest of the hair. Middle parts are too severe for my circle-shaped face!

SnowWhite
March 1st, 2013, 07:33 AM
Middle part with side bangs...

I realised how much difference it makes which side your bangs are...

Simone_Fatale
March 1st, 2013, 10:11 AM
I've read a study about this somewhere and if I recall correctly, people tend to part their hair on the side of their face they find more attractive. Seems true for me at least. I personally prefer my part on the left side.

rowie
March 1st, 2013, 10:43 AM
I just pull all of my hair back all the time since I don't have any bangs. :) I don't know if this is bad but I guess I can research this when I have time. I do wear my buns and protective styles at a different stress points with different styles each day though. I just don't want my forehead to all of a sudden get bigger because a lot of time my hair is usually pulled back with no parting.

yoni
March 1st, 2013, 10:53 AM
To the middle, always (though where exactly in the middle quite changes from time to time :D)

Seeshami
March 1st, 2013, 10:55 AM
The Naughty Mess parts himself. I have very little to do with it.

The Naughty Mess says, "Unless you're being really stupid and trying to braid or bun me. Then you mess up all my hard work and put parts all over the place."

Salmonberry
March 1st, 2013, 11:02 AM
Most of the time it parts itself right down the center. It has for as long as I can remember. Several years ago I had a friend that was an aspiring hairdresser style my hair once. I remember her telling me, "you know you'd look better with a side part and that's where your hair should part naturally." I guess she thought I was forcing it to the center every day. She ruffled up my hair and tried to get it to fall into a side part and it kept going right back to center. She eventually gave up.

littlestarface
March 1st, 2013, 11:38 AM
It parts however it wants,sometimes off the side sometimes off the middle side but never perfect middle :(

DarkCurls
March 2nd, 2013, 07:01 AM
I think I look better with a side part -- draws less attention to my nose, more to my eyes for some reason, and way more root volume. But I always part my hair in the center if I'm wearing it down (usually center-parted for updos too, but sometimes I'll pull it back with no part). Part of it is laziness -- that's how my hair naturally falls and I don't feel like messing with it --, part of it is habit -- my mother used to comb my hair like this --, and part of it is because the underlayer of my hair is only partly wavy, almost straight and a side part brings all the curls to one side. That side ends up looking bouncy and wonderful, but the other side is flat and it looks really strange.
I had bangs throughout all my childhood, but grew them out at the end of middle school when my hair started to become curly. It was too much of a hassle to deal with -- much easier with straight hair! Though they do hide acne pretty well. :p

Most girls I know don't part their hair, or part it on the side with long side-swept bangs. But most girls I know have straight hair or straighten it! Hmm... I feel alone with a center part and half-grown-out bangs.

sisi33
March 2nd, 2013, 08:19 AM
Most girls I know don't part their hair, or part it on the side with long side-swept bangs. But most girls I know have straight hair or straighten it! Hmm... I feel alone with a center part and half-grown-out bangs.

Awww, don't feel alone- I let my hair part itself (for the most part) down the center, and my fringe is, for lack of trimming, running wild.

My hair is only parted when it's down. When it's up, I have no part. (I also never get how you can have a part when your hair is bunned... I get single and double braids, and variations of those, but with a bun? :confused:)

DarkCurls
March 2nd, 2013, 09:34 AM
(I also never get how you can have a part when your hair is bunned... I get single and double braids, and variations of those, but with a bun? :confused:)

If I don't want to have a part with my hair bunned, I have to consciously make an effort to smooth it back straight and make the parting invisible. My hair just falls with that center part naturally. Pulling my hair back has my hair getting smoothed down on either side away from the center, curving towards the back but still with the part, unless I purposely run my fingers/comb from my hairline straight back and mess the parting up.

By the way, I love your signature.

jacqueline101
March 2nd, 2013, 10:13 AM
For bangs and center part for hair cuts or trims.

lapispimpernel
March 2nd, 2013, 10:30 AM
I kept a center part through high school and a side part through college. Now my hair's always up in a bun or something similar, so I don't have a part at all, unless the hair tie gets loose during the day. Then my natural almost-but-not-quite-centered-part-with-a-massive-cowlick shows up. :rolleyes:

animetor7
March 6th, 2013, 08:13 PM
When left loose or in braids I always part to the left which is the same way I braid to the side, this is mainly because of a stubborn cowlick that will NOT part any other way.

Elithia
March 6th, 2013, 08:52 PM
I always have a part, even while bunning -- but it's different every day. Mostly on the side, but I make an effort to switch it up so that it doesn't wear at my scalp. I never pull my hair straight back from my face. It's just not a good look on me at all. I wear my buns at the nape of my neck and let my hair be sort of soft over my ears.

Latte Lady
March 6th, 2013, 09:06 PM
I used to part only on the left but am switching it to the other side because it was widening. I don't pull back my hair too often as this ,for some strange reason, makes it greasier, faster. I then have to wash every two days instead of twice a week to prevent scalp cleavage. I rarely wear a center part for they draw attention to people's noses and I've always thought mine was too big.

sparrowswing
March 6th, 2013, 09:45 PM
My hair parts itself in the center. It's not always perfect, but I usually let it do its own thing unless I'm going somewhere nice. That said, I wear my hair in back buns most days and buns on top of my head most nights, so it gets pushed back/up a fair amount. And sometimes I do side braids with a part on the opposite side from the braid. It just depends, really. I just don't like side parts when my hair is down because the hair falls in my face and gets in the way all the time. Maybe if I had small clips that would actually stay in my hair to hold it back or something.

Once in high school my mom convinced her stylist to cut my hair shorter than I'd want and layer it. He cut it into a style that looked horribly awkward on me unless I did a weird zigzag part (if anyone remembers a brief time when they were actually selling "part stencils" in zigzag and curved shapes on TV, it was right around then; seemed to be The Big Thing for like a month). It always made my scalp hurt because so much hair was being forced into the opposite direction that it was used to. I was really glad when I finally got rid of those layers and went back to my usually straight-across cut and center part.

animetor7
March 18th, 2013, 08:38 AM
(I also never get how you can have a part when your hair is bunned... I get single and double braids, and variations of those, but with a bun? :confused:)

You can have a part in a bun if you do french, dutch or lace braids into a bun or something similar with twisting etc. but other than that I don't really know how one would have a part in their pulled back hair.

RavenBaby
March 18th, 2013, 09:22 AM
Side part for me always. I used to do a middle part but now I just feel like for me personally a middle part makes me look severe, old fashioned, boring, dull, non-youthful etc. and a side part looks more current and modern and fun on me.

Mischamiu
March 18th, 2013, 10:07 AM
I change it a lot :) Sometimes on the middle and also on both sides I rarely put it all back

Marli
March 19th, 2013, 02:32 AM
I part mine on my left. Sometimes I part center. In general I also have a part while bunning. Don't like my face when I pull my hair straight back.

Sharysa
March 22nd, 2013, 10:52 PM
Oh, I forgot to mention I also switch my side-part to the center when I do S&D trims!

That may actually be why I'm getting so many little wisps of hair around my face, but hey, I like that look.

paperwings
March 25th, 2013, 06:44 AM
I part mine to the side, same part since I was maybe 15. I notice the eye that my bangs used to drape over is slightly lower than the other and the eyebrow on that side is not as defined (not in an extremely deformed way, everyone is assymetrical...I wonder if that's related though..I started trying to part my hair the other way to fix it but it looks unnatural. I wish I could pull off a middle part but my forehead is quite large...wow I make myself sound deformed lol. I'm really not. haha

faellen
March 25th, 2013, 07:04 AM
I part mine slightly to my right side. Mainly because I used to have a side parting when I had a short choppy cut, and it just seems to have stuck.

anitacs9101
March 29th, 2013, 10:04 PM
For buns I do it back, wearing it down I part to the side :) sometimes to the middle but not often.

purplehippo
March 29th, 2013, 10:10 PM
I've always wanted to get my hair to just flow back without much of a hairline, but it never works with my hair for some reason. I'm growing out bangs, but I part it on both sides and middle occasionally.

TheMechaGinger
March 29th, 2013, 11:43 PM
My hair usually parts in the center because that's just the way it falls once it dries. When I had side bangs I'd part my hair on the side but now that I have blunt bangs I just let it stay in the middle

earthnut
March 30th, 2013, 11:27 PM
I side-part. One side has a streak of gray, so sometimes I part there and get a gray face-frame, and sometimes I part on the other side and hide all the gray.

If left alone, my hair won't really have a part anywhere, but I think this looks bad on me unless my hair is up.

I don't think a center part complements my round face either, plus a center part has to be more perfect to look good IMO.

Michiru
March 31st, 2013, 07:16 PM
It looks best with it to the side but it just falls to the center and that's where I leave it.

jdbermes
March 31st, 2013, 09:23 PM
My hair has always been happiest parting in the center. It always fights me if I go to the side and I go straight back (with bangs) when up.

Lara1
April 8th, 2013, 11:06 PM
My hair will not accept any other types of parting but in the center. I tried different ways, but it always goes back.

HadessThera
April 19th, 2013, 12:26 PM
I part mine on the left side but I wish I could do the all back/over the crown thing like Angelina Jolie usually wears, I think it looks great, I do push my hair back like that unintentionally when I'm thinking but it flops straight back again

jeanniet
April 19th, 2013, 12:41 PM
The natural part is center, but I part on the right for a few months, then switch to the left for another few months, then center. I'm hoping this will somehow train my hair not to be so stubborn, but all the parts still try to migrate to the center, so it's not very successful. I figure if nothing else, it will reduce the wear and tear on any one section of scalp.

Olafwa
April 19th, 2013, 01:04 PM
I also part in the center. It does tend to not want to stay, but it usually will if I part it a different way. I never do though, my head just says no. It hurts really bad after a little while. :( I also can't have a bun up for more than all day. By night time it hurts and I just have to take it down, though that usually hurts worse.

ositarosita
August 22nd, 2013, 09:03 PM
I let my hair do whatever it wants

Leeloo
August 22nd, 2013, 11:03 PM
I guess side or where ever it falls is the answer.

Heavy Raindrops
August 27th, 2013, 05:33 PM
When I was younger I always used to do a centre parting but now I prefer a side parting. :p

Glass Spires
August 28th, 2013, 11:04 AM
The part starts on the right side and kind of meanders over to the center. It looks kind of weird, I'm sure, but it's the way it falls naturally and it feels terrible if I try to change it. Whenever I experiment with parting it differently, it drives me crazy!

rosey4exclaim
August 28th, 2013, 03:07 PM
These days I just let it fall where it wants, and that's usually center.

Foxylocks
August 28th, 2013, 04:38 PM
I voted all back. I try to never part my hair because thinning starts in the part. I make sure it doesn't ever part by wearing a cloth headband constantly, even while sleeping.

which.chick
August 28th, 2013, 04:58 PM
It parts naturally at the center. Mostly these days I wear my hair up, but on the odd occasion that it's down or in "schoolgirl" braids, I still wear a center part.

0xalis
August 30th, 2013, 09:53 PM
My hair used to naturally part down the centre but now it wants to part on my right side because I wore it like that so much. I have a fringe now though, and I plan on keeping it that way!

SC
September 7th, 2013, 01:21 AM
I part my hair on the side since I'm trying not to cut myself straight bangs when hair gets longer. I've never had side parting without bangs but since I noticed with a wig that it actually suits me I'm going for that style. Styling bangs takes too much time for me anyway.

MsSunshine
September 17th, 2013, 10:44 PM
My hair naturally parts on the side, and it is quite stubborn about that part. I've tried other parts, but my hair refuses.

Bun15
September 17th, 2013, 11:17 PM
Side part for me. Center doesn't really appeal to me, my sister rocks it though. She has the classic one-length no bangs center hairline look.
I parted it to the side once, just to try out something different, and my hair seems to like it, so I kept it ever since.
Long hair and short bangs seems weird to me now, especially when it has no layers :bigeyes:

Agnes Hannah
September 19th, 2013, 02:08 PM
It does its own thing. I don't argue anymore!!

Courtland
September 21st, 2013, 12:02 AM
I chose "other" because it changes throughout the day. It usually starts as all back and turns into a side or near-center part later in the day.

Andeee
September 22nd, 2013, 12:44 AM
I used to do center (very classic and good for historical styles, I think especially medieval, renaissance, and Victorian). It does tend to look a bit hippy-ish (on me anyway). But 7 years ago I met a woman who I totally admired--I think I wanted to *be* her--haha! She had knee length (at least) hair and wore it looped up in all kinds of crazy kind-of messy braids. She played the banjo, and she had her hair parted on the side.

So I started doing it, too. Not playing the banjo! Parting my hair on the side. These days I sort of do an angled side part rather than a straight side part if that makes sense.

Stray_mind
September 28th, 2013, 04:22 AM
I ususally part it in the center or don't part it at all. But i'll try and vary the parting. I really don't want it to widen shudder:

BowTie
September 28th, 2013, 05:35 AM
I mostly part my hair on side. However, when my hair is longer I'm going to try center parting =)

Eve 322
September 28th, 2013, 08:58 AM
I voted "other" because I am always changing my part around to avoid damage or hair thinning along one part. But mostly I keep it on the side and switch every couple of days, whenever I feel like it or remember. Rarely I will post it in the middle, usually for braids.

inanna
December 11th, 2013, 02:06 AM
My hairline goes all sorts of wonky if I don't part my hair while it's soaking wet. I don't know if it's cowlicks or what, but I look a little weird if I just let my hair do its own thing. My hair sort of sticks up and sideways and poofs out every which way if left to its own devices. I usually part my hair on the side unless I'm doing twin braids, but now that it's getting longer and floppier I'm finding the side part more cumbersome. When I was a kid I used to part my hair right down the middle, but due to the aforementioned craziness that's a little difficult too.

One of the reasons I don't like plain buns is the fact that if I try to pull all my hair back, the baby hair around my hairline sticks out every which way and I end up looking like an owl, like so:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_XrBnrpXNVuA/TK3vS_xrN3I/AAAAAAAACfo/xDbZxz0vN6w/s1600/Photo+1+GHO.jpg

I try to avoid the scraped back buns and owl tufts by either bunning low enough to allow me to keep a bit of a part right at the front, or by braiding my hair first.

Almendra
December 13th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Generally center because I have this obsession with symmetry, but when I want to look better, I do it side (diagonal). Sometimes I do my hair all back, but it divides by itself at some point :/

jacqueline101
December 13th, 2013, 10:14 AM
I have bangs and a center part. I couldn't voted on this poll because I didn't fit into a group.

lapushka
December 13th, 2013, 01:40 PM
It's usually parted to the side, but when in an updo (6 days out of 7), it's thrown all back (the part does show a little because I have a cowlick where my part usually starts).

rohna99
December 13th, 2013, 01:44 PM
Side part. I have a roundish face, so a side part makes my face look less round.

PurplePenguin
December 13th, 2013, 01:59 PM
I had to vote other because my part mostly changes on a daily basis or doesn't exist. I don't tame my hair at all if I am not going into civilization. If I am feeling rather lazy I just take some water and smooth my hair straight back on days I do have to face civilization (so most days I do go out). On days that are rather special or I somehow woke up on the good side of the bed I might actually try to style my hair. In that case it is a combo of a side part and bangs held down with a headband.

Foxylocks
December 13th, 2013, 04:53 PM
Even though I voted all back since I wear a braid, I always part my hair right in the center whenever I wear my hair down. I don't know, I don't like the way I look with a side part. Everyone where I live parts their hair on the side, so I prefer a center part.

Foxylocks
December 13th, 2013, 04:58 PM
I voted all back. I try to never part my hair because thinning starts in the part. I make sure it doesn't ever part by wearing a cloth headband constantly, even while sleeping.
Nope, I take this back. My hair does not thin at the part. In fact, I see tons of little fresh hairs growing there. Since I started using a shampoo with high mint oil concentration my hair has miraculously started growing again after no growth for 5 months.

BlueGold
December 13th, 2013, 07:32 PM
I part mine to the right side and I only wear it centered when I put my hair up so I can pull my bangs out and frame my face. My face just doesn't look right with a center part.

butterflybutton
December 16th, 2013, 02:07 AM
I usually part of to one side, I change which side depending on how my hair is behaving.

biogirl87
December 16th, 2013, 02:18 AM
My hair just naturally parts in the center (it has been this way since the time when I had bangs cut into my hair in May 2012), so I always try to part it to the side as I am not a fan of center part on me.

Andeee
December 16th, 2013, 02:20 AM
In my 30s I parted my hair in the middle. I'm in my 40s now and these days that looks too hippie-ish on me and a side parting looks more modern and sophisticated (at least that's what I tell myself, anyway!).

ashke50
December 16th, 2013, 05:36 PM
Side parting. My hair wants to part in the centre, but it doesn't suit me, so I've persuaded it to part on the side. Generally the parting gradually migrates back across towards the middle till I notice and reset it periodically!

Weewah
December 16th, 2013, 07:55 PM
Ive side parted for as long as I can remember. It helps make my forehead look not as large. Like ashke50 my part migrates to the center too!

Naima
December 27th, 2013, 12:36 AM
On the right side. Or center sometimes. My hair just falls this way by itself. If I'm trying to get it all over the crown it doesn't stay in this direction anyway.

Scelesta
December 27th, 2013, 12:43 AM
when its longer, i have bangs(cant stand NOT having bangs usually about eyebrow length over the eyes, chin length down the sides., i feel my face looks weird without them) and the rest of my hair parted down the center, though occasionally i'd just brush it all back and gel it to stay put.

I have a STUBBORN center part though, my hair likes its center part that it takes great effort to get it to stay any other way, unless its brushed back tightly in a pony tail.

Right now its a couple inches long and already its trying to part down the middle, and holy crap does it look awkard, at this length though theres not much I can do to stop it.

georgia_peach
December 27th, 2013, 06:54 PM
I look better with a side part. But my hair just doesn't want to stay there. So I end up with a slightly off center, center part by mid morning. And such is life.

Pamala513
December 27th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Bangs and a center part. Been that way since I as a teenager.

Angela_Rose
December 27th, 2013, 08:14 PM
I voted "Other," as I have two parts. I have bangs, which are parted to the left; the rest of my hair has a (mostly) center part.

SThr
December 31st, 2013, 01:02 AM
I do a side part with bangs, side changes back and forth every couple days.
I used to rock middle parts and before that it was all kept back with a headband.

nerdybrunette
December 31st, 2013, 01:32 AM
I used to always part in the center, but my new hair stylist suggested I part it on the right as he thought it looked better than a center part or left part. I do have to agree. It took some getting used to, the feeling of an off-center part was really weird and a bit unnerving somehow. But I think I do look much better with the right part. I don't cover my forehead with my hair like some people do, though I may try it in the future, I keep it up higher to make my hair not look so flat.

GoddesJourney
December 31st, 2013, 08:48 AM
I just push it back and let it fall wherever if it's down. Most of the time I have to pull it back for work or working out. I will part it most likely on my right side if I'm trying to do something with it purposefully. I have to fight it more to part it on the left.

~*~Aspen~*~
January 3rd, 2014, 01:08 PM
Interesting..

http://www.crimeandliterature.com/2012/06/21/the-hair-part-theory-and-chirality/

silver curls
January 4th, 2014, 08:30 AM
I comb it all back and let it fall naturally. I don't fight it. It parts on the left side.

Begemot
December 27th, 2014, 01:39 PM
I part my hair to side, left or right. Almost never do I wear center part because it just doesn't look good on me. I usually don't have problems with parting, it just falls in it's place.

woodswanderer
December 27th, 2014, 01:55 PM
Slightly left of center. My part aligns with the beginning of my left eyebrow. I think I will move it to slightly right of center though because I worry about hair loss.

Johannah
December 29th, 2014, 10:03 AM
I have blunt bangs and I part my hair a little on the side.

clump
December 29th, 2014, 02:09 PM
My hair naturally parts on the left. If I try to change it any other way my hair goes back to the left so might as well leave it how it falls, haha.

missblueeyes
December 29th, 2014, 02:13 PM
I voted side but I actually part my hair off-centric, just a cm from the center, usually on the right side. :)

mermaid lullaby
December 30th, 2014, 11:32 PM
I part my hair on the right :)

Aurum
December 30th, 2014, 11:46 PM
I part mine on my right side because of a cowlick that won't stand for any other type of part. I've tried a center part and it looks weird with my face. I've had my part in the same place for several years now and I haven't noticed any widening.

Enrapture
December 31st, 2014, 01:00 PM
I've parted my hair on the side for the past 5 years I think, there was no day I changed it. I really, really want to change my part, but it just doesn't look good differently. Although I have an oval face shape, centre part doesn't suit me - it needs to be voluminous, but it just drags down my face. I have a little bald spot (something with sweat glands) on the left, so I can't part it there. I also have a cowlick where I part my hair, so it just doesn't look good anywhere else.

But i'm just craving for a change, I am so bored of it :(

Larki
December 31st, 2014, 02:24 PM
I don't part my hair (actually I never knew anyone had to physically part it on their own). It naturally parts itself in the middle.

Kendrix
December 31st, 2014, 05:07 PM
Always on the right side. Though I have been experimenting with not parting it at all. It parts itself on the right side lol.

Longtale
January 2nd, 2015, 03:41 PM
Mostly I don't part but if I do, down the middle is first, then sometimes, sightly off center.

Bonfires
January 25th, 2015, 12:03 AM
I part mine just off-centre to the left. I really want to change it up but my hair treats every change in part as a massive struggle. I think it might just get stuck too much in one position?...

Eraisuithiel
January 25th, 2015, 08:34 AM
I just keep mine pulled straight back most of the time. If not, I'll do a side part. I look freaky with a center part, unless it's pulled back that way, like in braids. Then it's passable.

yahirwaO.o
January 26th, 2015, 05:20 PM
Left side parted and sometimes in a very deep one.

I used to part it down the middle for 5 years and really enjoyed it with my longer lenght.

Now a tad bit shorter left side makes me feel more put together.

Cant stand slicked back, I had never ever liked the way it looks!!!

Shoga
January 26th, 2015, 05:57 PM
I can't do a center part lol. The top of my head doesn't line up with the center of my face, so it doesn't look like a center part, it's really strange. I am a little crooked lol. I think it looks best parted on the left, but I have been parting it on the right for so long that my hair just wants to go that way now.

MINAKO
January 26th, 2015, 06:09 PM
whit bun i dont part it, but when its down it doesnt part either, more like going 360. i need to clip it up, put it behind my ears or keep throwing it back. even when i flatiron and spray the part in place it wants to close in the front after a while.

Belle Paix
January 28th, 2015, 02:47 PM
Right now, due to the short hair, it's generally on the left, but when it gets longer (if it's not back) it tends to fall to the center.

Fericera
January 28th, 2015, 02:49 PM
I don't really part mine. Unless I'm doing twin braids or something detailed I just let it fall how it falls. I find it looks softer and more relaxed that way.

Snivellus
January 30th, 2015, 04:36 PM
I like it when I have bangs, but they grow out and I don't have the money to get them trimmed properly so I have to settle with a side part. I try a middle part every now and then.

Jenn_Ivan
January 31st, 2015, 12:14 AM
I have bangs with my hair parted in the center. My hair is all one length (with the exception of my bangs). No layers.

Éowyn_GreyEyes
January 31st, 2015, 08:50 AM
I voted other... My hair is usually parted side, but it actually slopes diagonal from the corner of my forehead to the centre back of my head... And my goal once my bangs are grown out is to part it in the centre like i did before bangs happened hahaha

LeMimi13
January 31st, 2015, 08:57 AM
I wish I could rock a center part like I did when I was a kid.. Thosr are better to keep hair off your face.. but I think its a bit odd in my face

zellfaze
January 31st, 2015, 08:19 PM
I almost always part mine to the side though I do very rarely part it in the center.

It was kind of a relief to see that I'm not the only one who does it that way.

Aubkabob
January 31st, 2015, 10:38 PM
I used to part on the left side of my head, and when I get my hair cut, the stylist always always parts it there; however, I have a crazy cowlick on the left side of my crown which is easy to look like I have a bald spot there. I part my hair on my right to give some extra hair weight to that area to hopefully help hold it down.

Chocowalnut
February 1st, 2015, 12:00 AM
my hair naturally parts around the center, but sometimes ill make a side part b/c i think it suits my face and is nice for a change. my favorite is bangs (on other people) but with my fine wurly hair i always regret it when i get them

LeMimi13
February 1st, 2015, 04:27 AM
Tried a middle part today! Is it just me or does the hair get away frpm the face more easily?

Remi
March 19th, 2015, 09:04 PM
It usually parts itself in the center.

Dixie_Amazon
April 22nd, 2015, 08:16 AM
Left off center due to cowlick. Sometime a true side part if my hair is in the mood.

Kiiruna
April 22nd, 2015, 08:35 AM
It parts itself on the left side - I actually can't move it anywhere. It just flips back to the left :D

texangrrl
April 22nd, 2015, 09:41 AM
Left off center due to cowlick. Sometime a true side part if my hair is in the mood.

I have the exact same part for the exact same reason, lol.

Illryeth
April 25th, 2015, 04:28 AM
Center :D
But when I have a short hairstyle it is almost always parted to the side, as one side ends up being longer than the other :D

mssummerrose
April 26th, 2015, 07:59 AM
I usually part on the side, but recently I have been playing with a center part when wearing braids. I like switching it up - keeps it more interesting for me. :)

IndyAndy
April 26th, 2015, 08:17 AM
I center part about 80% of the time. I try to switch it up with side parts every so often just for a change. Some days I even try to eliminate the part altogether by just smoothing it straight back but it tends to try to fall into a center part unless I've got it pinned.

7thOfTheDamned
April 27th, 2015, 07:26 AM
I do a side part, but I also have long bangs. Center parts make my oval face look too oblong.

yahirwaO.o
April 28th, 2015, 02:55 PM
I just recently got back to my natural center part, its the way it goes naturally and yeah hair gets out face easier this way. This middle parting makes me feel very natural somehow.

LadyLorien
April 28th, 2015, 03:08 PM
I part to the left, but I wish I could part down the middle without looking like Professor Snape.

StarsandFire
May 14th, 2015, 11:01 PM
I too have the problem of my hair always parting by itself in the center. I try to brush my hair back, but it never seems to stay. It also doesn't help that my hair pretty much stuffs in the same form as when it dries.

Frankenstein
May 14th, 2015, 11:40 PM
My natural part is center-ish leaning a bit towards the right and it's super stubborn. It doesn't want to cooperate any other way so I just leave it as is.

Doreen
May 15th, 2015, 12:38 AM
I have a center part but also sidebangs, which make it look okay head-on. If I didn't have the bangs, the center part would be a very unflattering look on me personally. I have tried to change my part in the past but since I rarely wear my hair down I don't bother with it. Besides, it is convenient for when I want to do double braids (maybe like once a week).

b70
May 15th, 2015, 02:57 AM
Other: I have blunt bangs, and I usually part the rest of my hair on the left side. Since starting to grow my hair I have tried to move my part around more, and if I have my hair up I mostly comb it straight back. I feel that a center part does not suit me, I have a roundish face and my hair is very straight, fine and thin.

longsword
May 16th, 2015, 06:59 AM
My natural part is on the left side about an inch over from the center. I rotate part locations since my scalp hurts if I do it in the same place for too long. Left side and center parts are ok, but my hair Hates right side parts.

Earelia
May 16th, 2015, 07:03 AM
I let it fall wherever it wants most of the time. I part it to the side sometimes between washes since it gives me a little volume up top so that it doesn't look too flat and greasy.

radiofreejenn
May 16th, 2015, 07:29 AM
I part from the right. It's never the exact same spot though. I can't do middle due to a cowlick from an incident where I burned off part of my hair when I was 17...yeah...

scrivener827
May 26th, 2015, 06:12 PM
When I was younger, I always did a middle part. I remember my mom trying to get me to part it on the side, and me thinking it looked stupid. Then at some point in college maybe, I started parting it on the right. Then I eventually realized it naturally parts on the left. So now I'm almost always a left part, though I try to switch it back to the right occasionally to keep damage and natural highlights from sun exposure getting too uneven. I find a middle part extremely weird and unflattering on me now.

Brunette_Barbie
May 26th, 2015, 06:20 PM
Center part for me. With my hair type, a side part can make me look even more 80's.

parkmikii
June 1st, 2015, 10:45 AM
Side parting, my hair looks really plain with a middle one.

Shepherdess
June 1st, 2015, 10:50 AM
Currently center for me; I used to have bangs some time ago but I grew those out a few years ago now.

Emanon
June 4th, 2015, 10:29 AM
I used to part my hair in the center, but now I'm back to having bangs (a look which suits me much better).

JRC
June 7th, 2015, 06:02 PM
My hair seems to naturally part in the centre, but I recently started combing it from the right side over to the left. I'm not sure if all the George Michael salons advise this, or whether it's only to encourage growth, but it took at least two months for my hair to get used to it.

Sweet Beat
June 8th, 2015, 06:12 AM
My part is almost always to one side. How much depends on the style of the day, if I'll braid my hair, if I'll have one braid or one on each side etc. Occasionally, I do my part in the center, but only if I plan to make an updo. If I let my hair be down with a center part I tend to look like a hippie and that's not the look I'm after ;)
My favorite side to part my hair is my right, because that's the parting I used to have when learning different types of braids. Therefore I lack skills in braiding on my left side. I try to change the part sometimes but I always seem to end up being short of time and going back to my normal part. I try to change though because I believe that the hair on the side that have less hair is more exposed to damage.
On a sunny day, I avoid parts though, in order to not get sunburn on the scalp. Ponytails with all of the hair combed straight back are great for that.

Wosie
June 8th, 2015, 07:09 AM
I tend to part my hair in the centre these days. Mostly because air circulation gets a little cut off when you have lots of hair covering an area of your scalp, and I need to think of all those things in order for my scalp to itch less. :o

Platzhalter
June 12th, 2015, 06:15 PM
My hair seems to have a 'natural' side part which I refuse to change... it's more convenient and no matter how often I try to change that, no other way of parting it works for me.

meteor
June 13th, 2015, 06:33 AM
I'm surprised so many people have side parting. :) For me, it takes "training" my hair a bit, wetting it down and styling to the side, maybe even pinning it down.
Otherwise, it just parts in the middle automatically. :shrug: Now that my hair is pretty heavy and long, I find it difficult to change the parts unless the hair is freshly washed and ready to take the shape I need. Mostly, it just hangs there like a cape/blanket, LOL.

lapushka
June 13th, 2015, 07:15 AM
Mostly, it just hangs there like a cape/blanket, LOL.

I get that too :lol: but at the front is a tiny cowlick and it sort of "forces" my hair into a side-part.