PDA

View Full Version : Change of hair type ?

emma907
April 26th, 2010, 08:25 AM
Just a random question, does anyone here have a drastically different hair type now, compared to when they were wee, like 12 or so?

I had super straight (1a-b) long blonde (REALLY light blonde) hair when I was born till I was around 14-15 (people don't believe it's me when I show them the photos LOL) but now its gone super dark and curly and coarse (2b-3a)

Has anyone else had this experience, or am i just a quirk of nature??

Siava
April 26th, 2010, 08:42 AM
I had 2a/b hair and it was naturally light blonde as well. It changed dramatically after puberty and pregnancy. Now it's 3a and medium brown with lots of grays coming in.

Tutti_Frutti
April 26th, 2010, 09:05 AM
I used to have bone straight blonde hair when I was about 11. Now it has some waves and it's darker (dark blonde/light brown).

SpinDance
April 26th, 2010, 09:28 AM
Not on me, but one of my neighbors with very blond hair went from straight to much coarser and curly when she was 13. She hated the texture difference.

Loreley
April 26th, 2010, 09:33 AM
My hair was curly when I was around 2 (3a maybe) and then it became straighter. It was a bit wavy (I think 2b) till I was around 16 and then it started to curl. Now it's 2c/3a. :)

Rennire
April 26th, 2010, 09:37 AM
My hair was really dark and curly up until my teens. Now it's much straighter and I think it's lighter too. (I've coloured my hair so it's hard to tell for sure from my roots)

misspriss
April 26th, 2010, 09:40 AM
My hair was about 1b and almost black when I was little. It got gradually lighter until a medium brown. When I was in the 6th grade, I cut it short, and found out all that frizz I had gotten in the past year or so was curly hair. It was really wavy/curly throughout my teens, probably a 2c with some 3a thrown in there. Now in my 20's it's a 2b, or even 2a sometimes. I would put money on it changing with pregnancy for me, since hormones seem to change it quite a bit.

SimplyViki
April 26th, 2010, 10:18 AM
I had straight hair until sometime in my teen years. Then I developed a little bit of wave, which thrilled me to no end, especially since that means I can make my hair hold a bit of a curl if I really try. Curls used to fall out of my hair in an hour or less, but now if I make rag curls or something, they'll stay mostly curly all day.

Lisette
April 26th, 2010, 10:21 AM
I have waves since my pregnancies before it was very straight!

Lisette

Aleria
April 26th, 2010, 10:31 AM
I used to have 2a, almost 2b hair, and it's more like 1c now, but I think that may be due to the hair dye more than anything, because it's getting wavier again as my hair dye is fading out.
My mom though, had very very pale blonde hair as a child until she was 5 and now her hair is similar in colour to mine - darkish brown with red highlights.

LunarAurora
April 26th, 2010, 11:33 AM
My hair has darkened. When i was a little child it was blonde, then light hazel, and now it is brown to auburn.

It was also curly (or very wavy) but since 2009 it tends to be more and more straight (due to henna I think)

Leisje
April 26th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Up until my early teens I had very light super silky straight hair. Couldn't hold a curl to save my life. Then it all of a sudden turned into ringlets on me. And now, it's settled into a 1c/2a wave. It's slightly darker, which may actually just be because I am never in the sun anymore.

But my texture has changed a lot.