PDA

View Full Version : Up is working!

atlantaz3
April 25th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Ok I admit I started wearing my hair up in self defense ( or "snit" response) to some hair cut comments from co-workers. I've worn my hair up for about a month now, have tried some different oil treatments and I have noticed the ends are much smoother, and less splits. I would normally be ready for a trim about now (every 3-4 months). My hubby commented how even my ends are and when I took my hair down in for a quick spa treatment the clinician asked me if I just had a trim because my ends were so even! So I'm thinking mean bun lady is around to stay for a while - Hot AtLanta weather will demand it! (I even think I may have gained a little length and I really thought I have hit terminal.)

julliams
April 25th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Fantastic news. It's so wonderful to discover that your hair is growing when you really think it hasn't.

I am always annoyed when I go back and look at old photos dating back to about 5 years ago and finding that my hair is always looking the same length. One would assume that it's not growing but in fact, I am going in every 6 months and getting the same haircut every time. I guess I had never really paid much attention to exactly what was coming off when they cut my hair and I think the words "just take off whatever you think I need" have come out of my mouth on several occasions.

It looks like with a bit of babying and not worrying about it too much, your hair has done what it does best and grown. Great to hear about the soft ends too as that is one of the most difficult parts of my hair to keep soft.

countryhopper
April 25th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Great job!

I TOTALLY agree about keeping hair up in the summer! Mine goes stringy and sticks to the back of my neck and just...HANGS!

Now you have a good excuse to go out and buy new hairtoys...!