PDA

View Full Version : ISO hair scroos

chopandchange
April 25th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Edit: I now have four, thanks to lavenderblue, but if anyone has any more, I'd still be interested.

I would like at least two scroos to try on my thick hair, and would pay for them or swap for some things that don't work for me. I have seen some on ebay, but would prefer to get them on here if possible, rather than getting them shipped from China at a questionably cheap price.

I've got this cute clip that I don't use any more, and that someone might like:

http://my.picresize.com/vault/XPTDJ3JS7P.jpg

Same clip, but pic to show from different angle:

http://my.picresize.com/vault/8VA9KO3QNM.jpg

I've also got:

- Biotin NOW GONE

- A brown spongy hair donut (unused)

- Some buffs I don't use (one pink paisley pattern, one plain grey),

- Several homemade large hairpins made of bent double-pointed knitting needles (grey),

- A good quality BBB brush that just didn't work on my hair,

- And several miscellaneous hair products which you can see in my other thread currently on the swaps board here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?p=1055402).

deviantkitten
April 25th, 2010, 05:56 PM
Wish I had some screws for you! Been wanting to try out a buff.....and screws LOL.
Good luck, love. I am sure someone will have some for you

gmdiaz
April 25th, 2010, 06:59 PM
Well, I've GOT to tell you that I love the batch of hair scroos I got from Ebay.

They work great. You will love them!

Here's where I got mine. . .and no, 12 really isn't too many. LOL You're going to want to keep a couple in your purse, at work, at home. .etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/6-sets-12-Magic-Hair-Scroos-HOLD-UP-U-HAIR-INVISIBLE-/370299740989?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563795a33d

saskia_madding
April 25th, 2010, 10:32 PM
Maybe this isn't the place to ask this, but is metal or plastic better for hair scroos?

chopandchange
April 26th, 2010, 04:04 AM
Wish I had some screws for you! Been wanting to try out a buff.....and screws LOL.
Good luck, love. I am sure someone will have some for you

Thank you! I hope so!

Well, I've GOT to tell you that I love the batch of hair scroos I got from Ebay.

They work great. You will love them!

Here's where I got mine. . .and no, 12 really isn't too many. LOL You're going to want to keep a couple in your purse, at work, at home. .etc.

http://cgi.ebay.com/6-sets-12-Magic-Hair-Scroos-HOLD-UP-U-HAIR-INVISIBLE-/370299740989?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item563795a33d

Thank you for your link and recommendation! I don't want to spend as much as $25 dollars, though. I'm in the UK, so it makes sense for me to use the UK ebay, and there are some listed on the UK site at the moment for cheaper than that - just a couple of UK pounds. I don't think I'll need as many as twelve, so don't see the point of buying so many, since I won't be able to use them all at once anyway. I thought that one or two would be enough to secure my hair. Isn't that the case? If not, please do advise me!

Maybe this isn't the place to ask this, but is metal or plastic better for hair scroos?

I don't know either! I wish I knew! The ones in the link from gmdiaz are apparently made from "ABS." I didn't know what that was, so I googled it. Apparently it's "thermoplastic." :confused::confused::confused::confused:

gmdiaz
April 26th, 2010, 09:02 AM
I think you could actually use a bunch of these. . .two or three would be the minimum for me.

On a regular cinnamon bun I can use three or four. I am sure you could get by with just a couple, especially used in combination with a hair stick. But I really like for my hair to stay up all day.

If you wanted to do some really fancy updos you could use even more. These work great for looser bun styles, so for those you can use more scroos too.

The ones I bought are really well made out of quite ridgid metal. They have a hard, super smooth, plastic coating. The ends are coated and do not tug on your hair or scratch your scalp. They have a really nice coppery brown, shiny finish. They totally disappear in brown hair.

I think they're just perfect.

So I guess, that my recommendation for you would be to get at least TWO. But if you can find more for a good price, grab those!

LisaJaney
April 28th, 2010, 08:02 PM
I saw what amounted to hairscroos at Walmart the other day, apparently Goody (I think it was Goody; maybe it was Scunci) has come out with a designer line of some sort, as they're in a display BOX that hangs on the pegs, instead of just strapped to a piece of cardstock. They were about six bucks for a pair of them, I think, maybe eight, but I remember paying six bucks a pair for ours when we did a mondo grouporder, years ago (back when grouporders were allowed here).

I've even MADE hairscroos, and that's really easy, too. It takes bendable-yet-stiff wire, a dowel with a notch cut in the end, and a way to TWIST that dowel (I used pliers). Oh, and either a file/rasp, or a Dremmel to smooth the ends of the wire.

lavenderblue
April 29th, 2010, 02:47 PM
I have (I believe 4) black hairscroos I don't use, are you still interested?

chopandchange
May 2nd, 2010, 12:26 AM
I saw what amounted to hairscroos at Walmart the other day, apparently Goody (I think it was Goody; maybe it was Scunci) has come out with a designer line of some sort, as they're in a display BOX that hangs on the pegs, instead of just strapped to a piece of cardstock.

Thank you, but I live in the UK. We don't have Walmart shops here.

I have (I believe 4) black hairscroos I don't use, are you still interested?

Yes, I am still interested! Is there something of mine you'd like to swap them for?

StephanieB
May 2nd, 2010, 08:32 PM

:D HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA :D

gmdiaz - you may have bought from that ebay seller... but that happens to be MY eBay buyer ID. (I also have a seller ID on eBay.)
That's ME. I bought those scroos on April 16th. And I love 'em!

Imagine MY surprise when I clicked on your hotlink to see if it was the same buyer I'd bought from or another different seller!
My eyes popped open very wide, and I exclaimed, "Hey! Wait!! That's ME!!!"
And hubby asked me what was wrong. :p

Anyhow, for those who might be interested - the scroos are nice and they work great, and the seller (depite a less than stellar feedback profile with several notes of non-communication - which I of course noticed before I bid, thanks to the use of Toolhaus to read only a seller's negatives) is one I'd happily buy from again. I got the scroos about 3 business days after paying via PP. They didn't answer my request for confirmation of my email stating which colors I wanted, but I received the right colors and in 3 busines days, very good time!

That rminds me. I need to go and leave them + FB for that transaction, now.
(done :D)

LaurelSpring
May 2nd, 2010, 08:36 PM
Goody does have what I think they are calling Spin Pins out now everywhere. I see displays everywhere. It looks a bit larger than the hair scroos to me but otherwise the same. They also have an interesting looking updo pin now that is forkish looking. I have been wondering how that works.

chopandchange
May 3rd, 2010, 10:29 AM
Goody does have what I think they are calling Spin Pins out now everywhere. I see displays everywhere. It looks a bit larger than the hair scroos to me but otherwise the same. They also have an interesting looking updo pin now that is forkish looking. I have been wondering how that works.

Thank you, but I don't live in the US. We don't have Goody in the UK.