PDA

View Full Version : Greasy spot

oroborus
April 25th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Hey everyone. So my hair has been getting greasy faster than usual. Now it only lasts a day without feeling greasy :confused: I have already clarified and switched shampoos but it doesn't seem to be getting better - the inner layer of my hair, closer to the scalp is the one getting greasier.

The main issue though, is that I have a greasy spot or patch of hair that doesn't seem to go away...it does get better right after I wash, but the next day it's already clumped around that area. Since it's on the crown of my head, more to the left, it's very visible and difficult to hide. Even if I wear my hair up, the hair on the top of my head and on the crown starts clumping and looks bad :/

I don't really know what else I can do, but maybe you guys have some ideas or suggestions that might help me, or maybe any of you has the same problem.

Thanks in advance :)

CindyLea1
April 25th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Can you try putting unscented baby powder or a bit of baking soda on that spot and brushing it through? If you have darker hair that might not be an option as it might show and look funny.

Can you wash that section in the sink on days you don't wash the rest of your hairs? Some folks do a bang only wash to get hairspray and such out with out washing all the hairs.

Also a Boar Bristle Brush might be an option for you. They help smooth oils and things down the hairs.

Capybara
April 25th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Do you have a side parting? I find that I have to be careful to part my hair in the middle before washing, because if I don't, one side doesn't get washed as well as the other. Maybe this is the cause?

HTH :flower:

oroborus
April 25th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Thanks for replying :thumbsup:

Thing is, even when I comb my hair it doesn't smooth out :s it still stays in clumps, that's why it's so weird. I think my hair is thinning out, so maybe that has something to do with it, I've been shedding a lot in the past few months.
Also, I use my hair parted in the middle and I'm very careful while washing and make sure I cover every bit of my scalp :( so I don't think that is the case. Thanks anyway ;)

Tresses
April 25th, 2010, 12:43 PM
This may sound counter-intuitive, but try a more gentle shampoo, not a clarifying one. If you strip your scalp of its natural oils, it will respond by producing more oil to compensate. It's called rebound. (Your face may do this, too.) I've actually found that my scalp stays "cleaner" longer after I heavily oil it or do a hot oil treatment prior to washing.

oroborus
April 25th, 2010, 03:25 PM
This may sound counter-intuitive, but try a more gentle shampoo, not a clarifying one. If you strip your scalp of its natural oils, it will respond by producing more oil to compensate. It's called rebound. (Your face may do this, too.) I've actually found that my scalp stays "cleaner" longer after I heavily oil it or do a hot oil treatment prior to washing.

I've been using Urtekram shampoo, which I think is mild, but I put a lot on to try and have my scalp feel clean...maybe I should use just a little amount of it :ponder: Thanks!
The real problem now is this horrid greasy spot that won't go away :/