PDA

View Full Version : Keeping getting hair stuck in back of dryer help!

RockerChick
April 25th, 2010, 05:10 AM
OK so after I realised that my old hair dryer was the cause of my hair breakage I bought a new one which is great as it's ionic, ceramic and cool. However I keep getting my hair caught in thw back of it as there is a strong suction there. Anybody got any ideas how I can avoid this? I like the dryer otherwise and don't really want to get rid of it and spend money on a new one.

Thanks!

manderly
April 25th, 2010, 05:31 AM
Hmm, the only time that happens to me is when I flip my hair over and blast the roots....something I did every morning when I had short hair to give me volume. Now it just sucks up my long hair and pulls them out from the back.

I don't have a problem with it at all if I do my other standard blowdrying stuff.

What is it you're doing that causes this to happen?

RockerChick
April 25th, 2010, 07:46 AM
It just gets caught because the suction is so strong, it gets caught no matter how I blow dry it, whichever angle and whichever speed. My hair is very long and fine so it's easy to suck in. End up having to cut myself free.

Dreams_in_Pink
April 25th, 2010, 07:51 AM
doesn't your dryer have a filter in the back? Mine's very similar to yours and has a filter with very fine holes on.

Or, do you mean it's getting caught in the front?

spidermom
April 25th, 2010, 08:10 AM
Keep it above your hair and work from scalp down the length. This reduces frizz, too. It also helps if you clip the hair that you're not working on out of the way.

Capybara
April 25th, 2010, 11:17 AM
I find that hairdryers are more effective if you hold them farther away from your hair. Maybe this will help?

RockerChick
April 29th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Hi all, it gets caught in the back and no there's no filer on it...ouch! Not sure what to do really because, as I say my hair is fine and very long so no matter how far away I hold or or how I dry it my hair sort of blows up into the air then...whoop...right inot the back...

moominhapa
April 29th, 2010, 06:23 AM
Maybe you can attach some kind of gauze or screen to the back to keep the hair from getting in. Other than holding it farther away like other people suggested, that's the only thing I can think of.