PDA

View Full Version : STupid Question about Coconut Oil

Lassie
April 25th, 2010, 02:09 AM
Where do i buy coconut oil? (supermarket, health food store?)

And is there anything i need to look out for?

Lassie
April 25th, 2010, 02:21 AM
So i have dug around my bathroom cupboards.

And found
"Virgin Coconut Body Cream" (this stuff is amazing for my skin)
Can I use this on my hair as coconut oil???
The ingrediants are:
Organic Virgin Coconut Oil
Pure Rose Water
Vegetable Wax
Macadamia Nut Wax
Grapefruit Seed Extract

Gwri WalltEuryn
April 25th, 2010, 02:45 AM
Hi there!

I honestly would not know about the waxes in the body cream, but otherwise it looks fine to me, given my very newbie experience with oils and hair.

I purchase most of my oils for soapmaking from local health food stores and bulk produce/item outlets. It really depends on whether or not I want raw or refined. There are some health food stores in my area can get on the spendy side, I'm not sure how it is in AUS.

heyitscaitlin
April 25th, 2010, 04:57 AM
I bought my CO on Amazon as none of my local supermarkets had any unrefined, extra virgin organic CO. It was about $12 for two 15 oz jars. I bought the Nutvia brand and I have been pleased with it so far!

morecowbell
April 25th, 2010, 07:08 AM
Hmmm, in Aussie land, I'm not sure where you'd find it.... try looking online? And health food stores should have it, too. :)

As for the body cream, probably don't use it on your hair, too many waxes and stickiness. It'll just feel gunky, I've done it before! :laugh:

julliams
April 25th, 2010, 07:09 AM
I'm also from Sydney and I bought mine here http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Fiji-Organic-grown-VIRGIN-Coconut-Oil-3x-1litre-Bottles_W0QQitemZ120443432880QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU _Nutrition_Natural_Therapies?hash=item1c0afcefb0

It arrived really quickly. I gave one as a gift and kept the other two. I've had it since October last year and have only gone through a third of a bottle. It's really great stuff but I've never had anything else to compare it to.