PDA

View Full Version : I'm very disappointed.

Shanarana
May 6th, 2008, 04:35 PM
Would like thread deleted.

freznow
May 6th, 2008, 04:41 PM
There was already a discussion about this one one of the seller's thread. IMO, the seller has every right to sell it for what they wish; if people buy it, fine, if people don't, okay. But you have to at least realize that these went out of production forever ago and are extremely rare. Twigs, on the other hand, even sanded, are quite common.

Shanarana
May 6th, 2008, 04:43 PM
Not a big deal.

freznow
May 6th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Ah I see, but I think the thread will be going fairly in the same direction as the swap thread... This may have been better as a blog? Just a suggestions :blossom:

Shanarana
May 6th, 2008, 04:49 PM
I didn't want to blog it, but thank you for your suggestion. :)

anna1850
May 6th, 2008, 04:56 PM
I think in some ways it's kind of fairer when they are priced high. That way the people who are willing to pay for it get it. With the swap board it's often just luck whether you're online at the time if something cool comes up.
Nothing else is priced higher than normal, only Bunjiis, it's just supply and demand. If they still made them they wouldn't be that high. If people were forced to sell them for $5 each then they probably wouldn't sell them at all.

Just my 2 cents anyway

spidermom
May 6th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I think I've overpaid at least once on the swap board; live and learn. It's hard to tell what you're getting from a picture.

Shanarana
May 6th, 2008, 05:01 PM
Would like thread deleted please.

Ursula
May 6th, 2008, 05:12 PM
At this point, if you have bunjiis at all, you've hung on to them for years. If you've managed to both keep them and keep them in sellable/swappable condition, you've put quite a bit of effort into caring for something that is, essentially, a hair elastic - an item that normally breaks or gets lost easily.

Anyone who has held on to a bunjii for this long is going to be unwilling to give it up, unless well compensated, I'd think. You're not just giving up a hair toy, you're giving up a hair toy that you'll likely never be able to replace with anything even slightly similar. On the other hand, Ficcares are still being made, and there are dozens of people making and selling sticks and forks. About the only thing with a similar scarcity would be an original Mamacat.

anna1850
May 6th, 2008, 05:14 PM
I bought a sig. ficcare for 23 dollars, and I feel I got a good deal, and I know the seller wasn't looking to make a "huge" profit. In fact she probably didn't make one at all but perhaps had it for a while and decided to part with it.

Yeah, but they still make Ficcares. If people want one they can just buy one from the site. They don't make Bunjiis anymore. The only place to get them is here or ebay. So it's a very different situation. The person selling the Ficcare has to sell it cheaper than retail because otherwise you'd just go buy a brand new one.

As I said, the key here is just that they are rare and they don't make them anymore. Everything else on the board is quite reasonably priced.

Shanarana
May 6th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Mods......please delete this thread, I see nothing but bad feelings coming through and I didn't mean to start anything, I was just upset when I came home from work and excited to see bunjiis listed only to be disappointed in the price.

physicschick
May 6th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Mods......please delete this thread, I see nothing but bad feelings coming through and I didn't mean to start anything, I was just upset when I came home from work and excited to see bunjiis listed only to be disappointed in the price.

We are not going to delete a thread just because someone regrets what he or she wrote. (This is generally true for everyone, except under certain special circumstances or threads that break the rules. I'm not trying to single you out here.) However, I am going to lock this thread because this is the swap board, not the board for discussing the swap board.

People are free to ask whatever price they wish for bunjiis, but nobody has to pay it. It might be considered courteous to offer a low price for one's friends or to let people know what the items originally cost, but the fact remains that bunjiis are hard to come by and some people are willing to pay a lot for them.