PDA

View Full Version : update

fairystar32
April 24th, 2010, 06:24 AM
Well havent updated my length for a LONG time.
i have had a baby who is almost 2 now and moved to Australia from the UK, so its been a while and my hair got neglected.

I didnt henna for almost 3 yrs too and did streaks tonight with a streak cap and saw how long it had grown....

before DS
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r61/fairystar267/hair6thauglengthshot.jpg

taken just now indoors with flash and henna streaks on 3/4 virgin hair.
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r61/fairystar267/IMG_0866crop.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r61/fairystar267/IMG_0869crop.jpg

Dani
April 24th, 2010, 06:39 AM
Wow! Your hair is beautiful, and your faerie tats are too. :D Congratulations on your wee babe. I chopped my hair off from BSL to SL then CL then pixie, all within a few days when my dd was about 1 or so... did it on a whim 'cause it was driving me crazy and god forbid if I accidently forgot to put it up out of the way of little mittens... *yank* :p The worst part of all that was that I had -finally- gotten my natural hair grown out long (long to me), and then I went and jacked it all up. :p

Anyway... It's fantastic that you were able to grow yours out. I was too wimpy to do it, heh. I didn't come here often at all after dd was born, and I'm sure that would've helped a ton. I averaged 90 seconds a day or so online up until a few months ago, and my daughter is 4.3 now. :p Now I have tons of time and I'm totally addicted to LHC again. :pumpkin: I'm growing my hair out again and not even trimming for a long time (which is huge for me, cause my biggest problem has always been my beloved shears *trim-trim*), and I know how to do it this time. Plus, I'm older now and know that I won't let myself get obsessive about it like I was before, heh. Well, thanks for letting me babble to you about myself... just a little mind therapy for me, and your post kicked it off. :p Your hair is really lovely though, and looks great. I am very impressed and inspired. :D

P.S. (This is a letter, after all) Are those Cicely Mary Barker fairies? :D I've been wanting to get tattoos of them since we got our first book. The illustrations are just beautiful. I love how a couple of the fairies look just like my dd when she was 1, 2 and now, also. Pretty sweet. :D

fairystar32
April 24th, 2010, 06:44 AM
thanks and yes they are the flower fairies they represent my other kids..:)
the top fairy hidden under my hair is the fire fairy- amy brown.

fairystar32
April 24th, 2010, 07:13 PM
In the sun
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r61/fairystar267/IMG_0875.jpg

sarah061
April 24th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! What a beautiful length. I love the color that the henna made it, I've got to try that someday.

MOOBUG
April 24th, 2010, 07:58 PM
I love the streaks you can see in the sunshine pic

lilravendark
April 24th, 2010, 09:22 PM
awesome hair I love the tattoo as well both very beautiful :D

pennyroyal
April 24th, 2010, 09:55 PM
gorgeous hair & awesome tattoos! i have an amy brown faerie tattoo as well. :p i love her!

Loreley
April 25th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! :D

little_acorn
April 25th, 2010, 12:52 AM
Gorgeous hair and tatts :D

Aditi
April 25th, 2010, 02:59 AM
Lovely hair and the color is just beautiful :thumbsup:

embee
April 25th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Wow, you hair didn't *grow* or anything, did it!!! ;)

Sometimes the nicest things happen when you're busy doing something else. Benign neglect worked for me, looks like it worked for you as well.

Your hair is lovely, the red glints are striking.

fairystar32
April 27th, 2010, 06:42 PM
gorgeous hair & awesome tattoos! i have an amy brown faerie tattoo as well. :p i love her!
ohh would love to see your tattoo ;)

fairystar32
April 27th, 2010, 06:43 PM
thank you everyone :)

christinemariep
April 27th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Wonderful progress and beautiful color. Your tattoo is a great gauge for your hair length and I love the fairies too! Also love Amy Brown's artwork. Pennyroyal, I would like to see your Amy Brown tattoo. Of course, if it's on your bum or somewhere else private I would understand your not wanting to show it...lol.

fairystar32
April 27th, 2010, 07:56 PM
Wonderful progress and beautiful color. Your tattoo is a great gauge for your hair length and I love the fairies too! Also love Amy Brown's artwork. Pennyroyal, I would like to see your Amy Brown tattoo. Of course, if it's on your bum or somewhere else private I would understand your not wanting to show it...lol.
thanks you
here is what is hidden ;)
and yes i use the tattoos to gauge the length
http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r61/fairystar267/firef-1.jpg
x

pennyroyal
April 28th, 2010, 01:16 AM
wow, fairystar~your tattoos are amazing! i love them!
i don't have any pics of my tattoo on the computer right now so i posted a picture of the faerie that i have in my photo album. feel free to check it out. it's on my lower back. she is called "moonwatcher." i love her.

fairystar32
April 28th, 2010, 01:27 AM
beautiful fairy, you will have to get some pictures ;)

christinemariep
April 28th, 2010, 07:03 AM
Thanks for sharing the rest of your tattoos, fairystar. They are awesome. Pennyroyal, I looked in your album and really like the artwork you have tattoed, as well as many of her pieces. I plan on doing a cross stitch version of her "Faery Bride".

Maddy25
April 28th, 2010, 08:18 AM
wow you gained so much! Its fun that you can measue by the tattoo, the hair is at the top of the fairies now!

pennyroyal
April 28th, 2010, 05:03 PM
beautiful fairy, you will have to get some pictures ;)
thanks! & yea i need to upload them onto the computer & then i'll post them.
thanks christimemariep! i love her faery bride!