PDA

View Full Version : Thanks, guys

ItalianFlower
April 23rd, 2010, 11:54 PM
I already did my two year anniversary thread and I just kind of wanted to spill my guts for a brief moment.

When I was young, my hair was curly. I hated getting it brushed because my mom had the opposite hair that I did (thin and straight) and so when she brushed it, it HURT and she never believed me. So we got it cut to my chin, a hair style I would return to every year come the weekend before school started. After getting it cut short, it got much darker and stick straight, which it maintained until I hit (early) puberty at about 5th grade. My hair entered a poufy, Hermione Granger stage that I hated. I HATED my hair. I hated everything about it because it would never cooperate or look pretty and it was just awful. I continued hating for a long, long time... this would continue until mid-high school.

Then I decided I wanted to grow it out... and then I came across this place... and somewhere along those lines, sometime over the past four years or so, I have come to love my hair. I love the color, the texture, the curls, just everything, and I don't think I ever would have come to that without the wonderful people here. I never would have learned how to care properly for my hair otherwise. It has become a source of pride for me, something I never would have thought I would have. I have a long ways to go, but it's all downhill from here.

But the other thing I want to say is that I've been through some rough times over the past four years, some that I've posted for help about, and some that was alleviated just by using this place as a distraction. I've been to a lot of message boards but this is the ONLY one I always come back to. This place is great, and there's so much diversity... it's just been a good time. :d

So thanks, LHC.

Arctic_Mama
April 24th, 2010, 12:49 AM
Awe, big yay for you learning self-acceptance, and even better that it was this place, indirectly, that helped you get there.

Congratulations on your lovely growth (personal AND hair!)!

jera
April 24th, 2010, 01:16 AM
Your hair is quite beautiful and I'm glad you're able to embrace it's individual beauty better since joining here. This is a great place. :cheer:

JamieLeigh
April 24th, 2010, 01:33 AM
So glad that you have gleaned so much helpful information from this site! That's really great that LHC has done something nice for you. :flower: Your hair is gorgeous and I'm happy that you are enjoying it.

Tornerose
April 24th, 2010, 02:59 PM
I'm so happy for you :cheer:
You really do have beautiful hair, I'm glad you can say so yourself too :D