PDA

View Full Version : Pics of hair freshly washed + Surprise!

Ravenwaves 88
April 23rd, 2010, 09:55 PM
I had never before taken a pic of my hair LHC style (from the back) just freshly washed and fingercombed dry in all it's poofy glory and I was curious. DH indulged me. Without holding my hands on my hips for measure I realized I wasn't placing my thumbs accurately upon my waist in previous pics but more so on my hip actually. Am I really WAIST??? Can I call this waist?

http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss334/Ravenwaves88/Hair/DSCF2802.jpg

I think I'm slumping a bit in this one.
http://i589.photobucket.com/albums/ss334/Ravenwaves88/Hair/DSCF2797.jpg

Siava
April 23rd, 2010, 09:58 PM
In the first one, you're just a smidge to waist on one side and at waist on the other. In the second one, you're a bit past waist. So yea, I'd say you're at waist either way! :D

little_acorn
April 23rd, 2010, 10:14 PM
Waist :D - congratulations :D

marikamt
April 23rd, 2010, 10:16 PM
It looks like waist to me... congrats! :toast:

alligatorbaby23
April 23rd, 2010, 10:53 PM
Yep, you have reached your mini-goal. Definitely at waist, for the most part. Congrats.

I also wanted to say, super shine. I know my wash day is, as you stated, poofy but shiny as well. Some days I love the shine & poof others, well;, it can be hard to deal with on a down day! (as in wearing my hair down)

Is that your natural color (do you henna/ dye)? Either way, I love the color!

Ahh, I am nosy, what is your washing technique (poo/dish/oils, days between washing etc, you know the drill) You didn't specify in your post.

One idea/suggestion, maybe try to detangle in the shower, don't finger comb after, you may be able actually get more wave definition by doing so (if you so prefer). I'm not certain how far you have went with hairtyping or your preferences. Maybe you will be in for more surprises soon. Your texture and past photos look like you may be a wurly/curly if you care to pursue the idea.

One last thing, I envy the fact that you have almost no frizz. Your hair looks so pretty and soft. Must be nice! :)

-mao

Aquamarine
April 23rd, 2010, 10:55 PM
Definitely waist!:cheese: congrats!:):D

Jules diamond
April 23rd, 2010, 11:01 PM
Yes! Congrats! :cheese:

kelly-j
April 23rd, 2010, 11:39 PM
In the second picture you´ve sure reached waist!

Heidi_234
April 24th, 2010, 12:48 AM
Sorry to be rain on your parade but -
Is your husband taller? It could be that he took the pic from (his) higher perspective and made it look like waist. You know how you can tell for sure if you're waist or not? Pull some of your hair (gently lol) and mark where it reaches. Is it waist on you? Then congrats!

Arctic_Mama
April 24th, 2010, 01:16 AM
I'd call that waist, or darn near close to it! Congratulations on your growth and health!

JamieLeigh
April 24th, 2010, 01:31 AM
Waist! Congrats!! :cheer: You have gorgeous hair!

beez1717
April 24th, 2010, 01:53 AM
ooooh you got me jealous of your hair :D If I could have one wish it would be as follows: I wish to have ankle length hair that is health, and is easy to take care of, and that it won't cause me to get any more attention then I already have. I also don't want it to pose any dangers to me. i don't want this wish to somehow go wrong due to what i just said.

hehehe

Aditi
April 24th, 2010, 02:24 AM
Looks Waist to me, Cogratulations!!!! :cheer: :cheese:

elina333
April 24th, 2010, 02:33 AM
YEEEEEY its waist! :cheer: Congrats! :D

Sammich
April 24th, 2010, 02:57 AM
Wow, yes. That must be a shocker for you! It is really waist dear! ;) Possibly a bit past it too! Woo for you. Beautiful and thick, love the colour. Is it natural? :D

Katze
April 24th, 2010, 03:15 AM
wow your hair is gorgeous! Love your waves - they look how I hope mine will look when my hair is thicker at the ends. Do you trim to get that hemline, or are you lucky enough to get it like that naturally?

Ravenwaves 88
April 24th, 2010, 06:56 AM
Is that your natural color (do you henna/ dye)? Either way, I love the color!

Ahh, I am nosy, what is your washing technique (poo/dish/oils, days between washing etc, you know the drill) You didn't specify in your post.

One idea/suggestion, maybe try to detangle in the shower, don't finger comb after, you may be able actually get more wave definition by doing so (if you so prefer). I'm not certain how far you have went with hairtyping or your preferences. Maybe you will be in for more surprises soon. Your texture and past photos look like you may be a wurly/curly if you care to pursue the idea.

One last thing, I envy the fact that you have almost no frizz. Your hair looks so pretty and soft. Must be nice! :)

-mao

-I've done henna twice but I'm growing out my natural brown.
-Wash every Friday. Heavy oil for one hour before wash. Mane N Tail Diluted shampoo and full condish. Rinse with cold to seal.
-Thanks Alligatortail.

Sorry to be rain on your parade but -
Is your husband taller? It could be that he took the pic from (his) higher perspective and made it look like waist. You know how you can tell for sure if you're waist or not? Pull some of your hair (gently lol) and mark where it reaches. Is it waist on you? Then congrats!

-My husband is 1 inch shorter than me. That is a good point about perspective though. I'll try marking as you suggested. Thanks Heidi.

wow your hair is gorgeous! Love your waves - they look how I hope mine will look when my hair is thicker at the ends. Do you trim to get that hemline, or are you lucky enough to get it like that naturally?

-I do trim but my hemline won't hold a blunt cut and it always makes it look like a natural hem.
-Thank you for your kindness Katze.

I do think I'm just a fraction off looking at it again. I will hold out for solid waist before I move to the other thread. Thank you all for your observations.

Heidi_234
April 24th, 2010, 07:01 AM
-My husband is 1 inch shorter than me. That is a good point about perspective though. I'll try marking as you suggested. Thanks Heidi.

Oh okay, just making sure here. The pics did look like they were taking from a higher point than your siggy pics, that's why I mentioned it. If the perspective is not skewed then cogrants on hitting waist - all the fun begins at waist! :D :cheer:

princessp
April 24th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Waist, waist, waist, hooray!:cheese:

Loreley
April 24th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Yup, waist length! Congrats! :joy:

spidermom
April 25th, 2010, 09:42 PM
I think it's close enough to call; congratulations. You have pretty hair. I want to second the suggestion of combing conditioner through in the shower, rinse, then air dry. I imagine that you have more curl than shows up after combing.

Angela_Rose
April 26th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Woohoo! Waist! Congratulations. By the way, I'm having total thickness envy over here.

Ravenwaves 88
April 26th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Woohoo! Waist! Congratulations. By the way, I'm having total thickness envy over here.

Angela_Rose....you are way thcker than I am....ha ha!

I just look like a lion after I wash. It's all a show!

Thanks for the compliment though.

Thank you Spidermom!

Rivanariko
April 26th, 2010, 12:04 PM
I'd call that waist! Congrats!!