PDA

View Full Version : New hair color!

WelshLocks
April 23rd, 2010, 07:14 AM
I started growing my hair out two years ago. I used henna to keep it red, so I haven't seen my natural hair color in years. I decided I missed the dark color I used to have and I dyed it two days ago.

Here are the results:

Before:

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL152/9001157/20763659/381151975.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL152/9001157/20763659/371865223.jpg

After:

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL152/9001157/20763659/386126838.jpg

The dye took to my hair a lot more than I thought it would, but I really like the color. It's about 4 shades darker than my natural hair color(medium-dark brown). I'll post one from the back when I get my camera recharged.

I do have a question: My hair is rather dry because of the dye; should I do a deep conditioning this week?Will that mess with the dye?

Lots of love,
Welshlocks

Loreley
April 23rd, 2010, 07:16 AM
It looks great! :D

Purdy Bear
April 23rd, 2010, 07:17 AM
I cant answer your questions, but I do love your new hair colour, it looks fantastic!

morecowbell
April 23rd, 2010, 07:24 AM
Looks great! :D
Did you use a chemical dye? When I used chemical dyes, I did a deep treatment right after, always. You should definitely give your hair some lovin if it's dry. :) One thing I did notice though, when doing that, my color tended to be a lot more muted, and not as deep, but then, I left the treatment on my hair for an hour usually. So maybe just a quick soak in a really good conditioner, and oil it up for a few days?

HTH

Maddy25
April 23rd, 2010, 07:27 AM
It looks very pretty :) Creates a very lovely contrast.

nuxa
April 23rd, 2010, 07:32 AM
It's beautiful :D
Looks great with you skin tone and eye color !

SeaPhoenix
April 23rd, 2010, 07:37 AM
Wow! I absolutely love the darker color!

walterSCAN
April 23rd, 2010, 08:31 AM
I don't think a DT will mess with the color-- I never had a problem with them when I was using semi-perm color.

It looks really nice, BTW!

Leah Polamalu
April 23rd, 2010, 08:35 AM
Pretty pretty

dropinthebucket
April 23rd, 2010, 09:18 AM
That totally matches your coloring, and makes your eyes just super sultry and pop-luscious! If you love this darker color more than your own, lighter brown, maybe you'll even want to keep up with it? :)

Shermie Girl
April 23rd, 2010, 09:19 AM
Lovely colour. :D

It is a good idea to leave a new dye job alone for about 48 hours or so. Then you can go ahead and wash and deep condition and so forth.

WelshLocks
April 23rd, 2010, 09:43 AM
Thanks everyone! Do you want to see it from the back?I can post a picture of it as if measuring the length...

Looks great! :D
Did you use a chemical dye?

I used Garnier Fructis hair dye. The kind with no ammonia and bamboo extract. It's a semi-permanent dye, but it took very well to my hair.

Dropinthebucket, haha maybe. I like this color a lot, but I'm not willing to sacrifice my hair's health to keep up the chemicals. I'm going to probably use a henna-indigo mix to get dark brown. I didn't have any indigo, and my henna has been in the freezer for over a year, so i don't think it's good anymore. And thank you, my eyes are crazy blue because of the hair dye. It makes them pop really well. I an give awesome death stares now. :P

I will probably do a deep conditioning tonight when I wash my hair. :)

canary4624
April 23rd, 2010, 10:03 AM
Is it horrible to say I prefer the color before? :p Either way it's lovely, and changes are fun.

By the way, oh my god, your bathroom. wow.

kelly-j
April 23rd, 2010, 10:21 AM
The dark color really suits go!

WelshLocks
April 23rd, 2010, 11:23 AM
Is it horrible to say I prefer the color before? :p Either way it's lovely, and changes are fun.

By the way, oh my god, your bathroom. wow.

Of course! Actually the picture of my "before hair" is a few months old, so it would be a lot more dull than that color. I liked the red, but I've had it for a very long time.

:P Everyone says that about my bathroom!(Does that sound weird?) It's the masterbath and we decorated it to look like it's from a castle. :)