PDA

View Full Version : Hair in the mouth

jera
April 22nd, 2010, 03:07 PM
If you wear your down most of the time you'll know what I'm talking about. Do you end up with hair in your mouth a lot? Especially in windy weather, while tossing around in bed at night or when your with your S O? :o

Nastasia
April 22nd, 2010, 03:15 PM
It somehow doesn't happen to me much in windy weather, and I don't toss and turn much in bed.

With my lover, though, all the time :D. He's got long hair too, so it's occasionally a guessing game of whose hair is in whose mouth. "Oh crap, that one is still attached".

cmnt831
April 22nd, 2010, 03:17 PM
Hmmm...I've only noticed this happen when I'm wearing lip gloss. Then my hair is like a magnet attracted to my mouth constantly.

Rennire
April 22nd, 2010, 03:23 PM
My hair loves my mouth! It used to get stuck in my braces all of the time when I had them =(

Carolyn
April 22nd, 2010, 03:24 PM
Long hair, lip gloss, and windy days are a bad combination. If it's a windy day, my hair is always up. Always. I've learned by experience. When I'm sleeping I get more dog hair in my mouth than my own hair. There's always dog hair floating around in my house. The SO and I don't indulge in any hair swinging or flipping around activities. So I couldn't tell ya on that one :p

jera
April 22nd, 2010, 03:32 PM
It somehow doesn't happen to me much in windy weather, and I don't toss and turn much in bed.

With my lover, though, all the time :D. He's got long hair too, so it's occasionally a guessing game of whose hair is in whose mouth. "Oh crap, that one is still attached".

Yup, I get that 'it's attached' comment too. :p

Hmmm...I've only noticed this happen when I'm wearing lip gloss. Then my hair is like a magnet attracted to my mouth constantly.

My hair always get stuck in my gloss. If my lips weren't so dry, I'd ditch the stuff. :D

My hair loves my mouth! It used to get stuck in my braces all of the time when I had them =(

Ouch. :rolleyes:

Long hair, lip gloss, and windy days are a bad combination. If it's a windy day, my hair is always up. Always. I've learned by experience. When I'm sleeping I get more dog hair in my mouth than my own hair. There's always dog hair floating around in my house. The SO and I don't indulge in any hair swinging or flipping around activities. So I couldn't tell ya on that one :p

It's not hair swinging that does it, necessarily, :eyebrows:, it's just the, um, shifting postions in bed when you're a long hair. :p

TiaKitty
April 22nd, 2010, 03:48 PM
Every once in a while, but usually, no.

One thing that freaks me out is my girlie, age 3, will often be seen with a strand of her own hair in her mouth, chewing on it. It totally skeeves me out. On the up side, she has the nicest face-framing layers.

Arctic_Mama
April 22nd, 2010, 03:56 PM
My hair (or my husbands long hair) only gets in my mouth during *ahem* adult time, and we haven't yet found a solution as my hair gets MORE in the way when up! Every other time it's contained in a bun, so it never gets in my mouth.

My fringe does love to blow into my eyes, though :p

Copasetic
April 22nd, 2010, 03:57 PM
Yes! I have even had my hair end up in my food, and then eaten it while my friends laughed at me.

Capybara
April 22nd, 2010, 04:08 PM
Yes! I have even had my hair end up in my food, and then eaten it while my friends laughed at me.

I've done this ... Not good, when you pull a strand and realize it's not shed! (ouch:( )

Ditto the lip gloss, too. I only use it when I can't find any balm :)

faeflame
April 22nd, 2010, 04:12 PM
This happens to me all the time with lip gloss. Ugg!! At least lipstick isn't such a mega hair magnet.

JenniferNoel
April 22nd, 2010, 04:24 PM

Yes. It's a pain in the rear. For that reason, I only wear lipstick unless absolutely necessary.
And I'm sure my SO has gotten a good mouthful of it many times before I cut in these nifty new bangs. ;)

*thecatsmeow*
April 22nd, 2010, 04:31 PM
Yes and I hate it when it gets in my mouth! I also don't like it to stick to my lipgloss so I usually have to take it off if my hair is down and its windy. I have eaten hairs still attached and let me just say YUCK!:puke: umm sorry for that. Hair in my mouth makes me gag :(

Oh I forgot to add I knew this girl who used to wrap her beautiful long dark red hair around her thumb and suck it, it was weird:rolleyes: I think she did it until she was at least ten or older I guess it was a security thing.

sibiryachka
April 22nd, 2010, 05:29 PM

One thing that freaks me out is my girlie, age 3, will often be seen with a strand of her own hair in her mouth, chewing on it. It totally skeeves me out. On the up side, she has the nicest face-framing layers.

:rollin: A new self-trim method, perhaps?

TiaKitty
April 22nd, 2010, 05:41 PM
:rollin: A new self-trim method, perhaps?

LOL!! Exactly. My mother-in-law even commented that people pay big bucks to get their hair to do that, and my girlies just does it "naturally." I got a kick out of telling her how it gets "done.":D

joiekimochi
April 22nd, 2010, 07:59 PM
It happens a lot more when I'm wearing lipgloss too! I once wore this bright red lip gloss with my hair down. The wind kept whipping my hair into my face and I had to keep pulling it away. By the time I got to meet my friends, they laughed at me and I checked my face out in the mirror. My face was all covered in red lipgloss streaks, which happened when I pulled away my lipgloss-covered strands from my face, dragging the strands over my skin!

I just stopped wearing lipgloss. I'd rather wear my hair down than wear lipgloss!

Mariah!!
April 22nd, 2010, 08:44 PM
I know what you mean!! especially with lipgloss!! yuck!!

meowmeow
April 22nd, 2010, 08:54 PM
My hair falls forward when I eat so I sometimes end up with hair + food in my mouth, well, I used to anyway. I've since learned to elegantly hold my hair back as I eat. ;)

BrightEyes
April 22nd, 2010, 09:22 PM

My 3 year old daughter did this all the time too!! I tried clips, pig tails (her hair wasn't long enough to braid), a little pony tail. She would pull her hair out of the elastic or clip and start chewing away.....AACK!!! I finally got so sick of telling her to get her hair out of her mouth. I cut her hair into a cute little inverted bob. Problem solved. And she does look so cute with her new short style! Now whenever I look at her I'm tempted to cut my hair.:rolleyes:

walterSCAN
April 22nd, 2010, 09:32 PM
*snip*

I just stopped wearing lipgloss. I'd rather wear my hair down than wear lipgloss!

This! I can't handle my hair being stuck to my face...

Johanna
April 22nd, 2010, 10:05 PM
I don't really wear lipgloss anymore unless I've got my hair up. Otherwise it's like glue. I don't really get my hair in my food anymore. I've learn't to get it out of the way first.

Sunny_side_up
April 22nd, 2010, 11:22 PM

Ha ha made me chuckle!
Yes on occasions when my hair is down and say im outside i find its got blown or creeped in my mouth and i make a 'raspberry' sound to get it out :D must look nuts, thats why i commonly wear it up when out traveling to work, shopping or whatever, don't want to be having grubby hands on it:) Oh and lipgloss, i have some in a makeup bag under the sink. Havn't used that in a long time!

Heavenly Locks
April 22nd, 2010, 11:32 PM
The WORST is ...

Wind + lip gloss + loose hair.

:mad:

Loreley
April 22nd, 2010, 11:54 PM
When I'm asleep and turn around I always have my hair in my mouth. :mad:

jera
April 23rd, 2010, 12:59 AM

I've eaten my own hair if I get a strand in my food, but I don't let anyone else see me do it. :o

This happens to me all the time with lip gloss. Ugg!! At least lipstick isn't such a mega hair magnet.

True, but while giving this more thought, I just love the way my lips look with gloss. So full and shiny. I think I'll just do my hair in a bun or a pony on windy days to prevent stickage. :p

Merlin
April 23rd, 2010, 01:34 AM
I never get hair in my mouth,

1) My hair is too short
2) It's generally full of my foot

Nicoliee
January 16th, 2011, 03:39 AM
Yeah when bending over or it it's windy. Oh how I hate the wind if my hair is down :) Also the lip-gloss thing!

Fufu
January 16th, 2011, 08:42 AM
I always get this too, especially when wearing lipgloss.

haha

Anywhere
January 16th, 2011, 08:52 AM
I found that this happened to me more at shorter lengths. I rarely get hair in my mouth now.