PDA

View Full Version : 2 things...no bangs, and keep me from cutting

redneckprincess
April 22nd, 2010, 11:48 AM
#1. remind me, if it comes up that I want long hair this summer and need to wait on trimming/cutting off any layers till fall ATLEAST!!:cheese:

#2. how do I get used to not having bangs?

I am in a play that opens next weekend and because I play a guy in the 1700's (1776 to be exact) i have to succure my bangs back...I have a very deep widdows peak and think i may even be thinning above my temples...I am not comfertible with this and feel VERY exposed for one. I have had bangs for as far back as I can remember, i have tried growing them out before, but more of a side bang, never straight back...I would possibally like to continue this and grow them out eventually but i think I look WAY better with bangs...

frizzalot
April 22nd, 2010, 12:54 PM
If you like the way you look with bangs, why are you trying to grow them out?

Wear your hair in the way that makes you happy :)

ali beast
April 22nd, 2010, 02:09 PM
If your hair is thinning at your temples, perhaps for the play you could do some stage make up magic, and subtly darken your scalp, like how people fill in their eyebrows. I bet with a little practice, it wouldn't be noticeable from the distance. Maybe a fawn or taupe eyeshadow? It depends on the lighting, perhaps a theater person could jump in here.

And I agree with Frizzalot, wear your hair how you like it best! ...Unless you are in a play, of course :)

LoveMyLongHair
April 22nd, 2010, 02:17 PM
Okay, my 2 cents...........I grew my bangs out and wore it like that for about 4 months. I HATED it. My forehead was too high, it was a much too harsh look and I could see near my temples where my hairline wasn't as lovely as it should be.

I finally cut them again the other day, and WOW, what a difference it makes. I will not be without my bangs anymore.

I did wait to cut them by the Almanac, though.

TiaKitty
April 22nd, 2010, 03:52 PM
I agree... just suffer putting them back for the play, and keep them if you like them!

I cut some longish layers in around my face recently, and I really, really feel better for it.

talecon
April 22nd, 2010, 08:04 PM
I know I keep promising myself to not cut my bangs but I just cut them. I have a huge forehead and bangs help me look less frankensteinish :p