PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!! thinning hair!! :o (long)

Rentlle
April 22nd, 2010, 09:14 AM
pffff,... it's something I noticed this week...
My ends always where thin before, but now, it's getting worse..
early-er my thinning-hair was in the ends about 1 inch; now it's 3-4 inch!! it's getting sooo thin... :(
I can't remember changing my habbits and don't seem to be losing more hair then usually...
I don't dare to wear my hair in a ponytail anymore, because my last 2 inches are REALLY ugly.. you can barely call it "ends"

pfff.. this makes me soo sad :(
It's always thinning in this lenght, but now it's really worse..
I thought about trimming the lenght every month and so getting my ends thicker.. but the thinning is getting worse, so I don't really know what to do.. :(

It's always @ this lengt that my hair starts thinning..
I REALLY want to get waist.. but this is really no good.. :(

anybody has some tips for me?

lapushka
April 22nd, 2010, 12:00 PM
Other than trimming tiny bits over a number of months, I have no idea. Try taking half an inch off every 2 to 3 months or so? It does make a difference even if you just get rid of half an inch. Be *very* patient with it and please don't cut all your growth off in one go. You'll get to waist a little slower than foreseen, but you might stay there if you can slowly thicken up your hemline.

Rentlle
April 25th, 2010, 04:14 AM
/bump

Liss
April 25th, 2010, 05:59 AM
Does it usually happen around this time of year? Maybe it could just be a Spring time shedding. I don't really know too much else about thinning ends, unless it has reached its terminal length.

BTW, from your siggy pic, it looks like your ends are already at waist.

Siava
April 25th, 2010, 06:13 AM
Rentlle, I agree. From your signature picture your ends are already at waist. You could be experiencing a shedding session or your hormones could be fluctuating due to your age. My hair changed dramatically when I was your age. It thinned out and got darker. I'm not saying that is what's happening to you, but it's a possibility. You could do small trims for maintenance and keep an eye on it. Also, do you wear it up often or over you shoulder when you sit down? Is it possible your ends are getting caught between your back and seats or clothes? That can cause breakage.

Dreams_in_Pink
April 25th, 2010, 07:45 AM
If you're not shedding more, it's definitely breakage (i mean, how else do we lose hair? :P ) are you babying your ends?

spidermom
April 25th, 2010, 10:03 AM
In my experience, regular trimming of a small amount - say 1/2 inch every 4 months - will keep your ends on the thick side. Be patient; with the tiny amounts trimmed off, it can take as much as a year to see improvement. Uneven growth and ends breaking off combined with not trimming results in thinned-out ends for just about everybody. There are exceptions, of course.

I agree as stated above - your longest ends are already at waist length; congratulations!

girlcat36
April 25th, 2010, 10:38 AM
I have major problems with hair loss and thin ends.
This always happens to me when I reach BSL.
The best thing to do is frequent tiny trims, and let the thickness grow downward, instead of a big chop.
Find the best hairstyle that hides your thin ends. For me, it is a half-up. It makes my hair look twice as thick.
I'm having a huge shed right now myself, but it is due to a medical condition.

Rentlle
April 25th, 2010, 01:13 PM
mja, i'm wearing it up..
now I oil my hair, and I cutted a part of.. not a lot (an inch or so)
the picture is cheating I'm afraid..:p
I have to go one or two inches before waist.. but i''m almost there..
so, now i'm moisterizing my hair, and not letting it grow further then this lenght, 'till i have thicker ends.. good idea?

little_cherry
April 25th, 2010, 01:18 PM
I've noticed that sometimes, thinner ends are really some hairs growing quicker than others. Hair never grows at the same rate.

xoxophelia
April 25th, 2010, 01:19 PM
If it was me which it somewhat IS lol.. I would let it grow to waist with tiny trims when you feel you need it and then maintain there.. but that is just me ^_^'

I have found even the smallest trims make a huge difference :)

rebeccafriedman
April 25th, 2010, 01:34 PM
I have pretty much the same problem - hair sheds all day, every day, and the result is that the ends are very, very thin... I'm trying to keep it up almost all the time to baby it, and see if that helps.