PDA

View Full Version : AOL tips for hair... we know them

morguebabe
April 22nd, 2010, 06:22 AM
nice to see it in mainstream (http://shopping.aol.com/articles/2010/04/13/9-ways-to-use-common-products-in-uncommon-ways?ncid=AOLCOMMshopDYNLprim0001&icid=main|aim|dl6|link1|http%3A%2F%2Fshopping.aol. com%2Farticles%2F2010%2F04%2F13%2F9-ways-to-use-common-products-in-uncommon-ways%3Fncid%3DAOLCOMMshopDYNLprim0001)

Dreams_in_Pink
April 22nd, 2010, 06:38 AM
Let me tell you, in a few years, everyone will start following the routines we do.

By the way, toothpaste on bug bites? i'll have to remember that :D

tigr
April 22nd, 2010, 07:16 AM
On AOL? That's amazing!

I also will have to remember that toothpaste on bug bites thing. We're headed into mosquito season...

Loreley
April 22nd, 2010, 08:35 AM
Good tips! Do you think that baking soda thing really works on greasy hair? :confused: Maybe I'll try that.

Fairlight63
April 22nd, 2010, 08:52 AM
Has anyone here tried the Mayo in their hair?
I am a little scared to try it, my daughter said that she tried mayo in her hair for split ends & had a terrible time getting it all out & said that she would never do that again.
So, what is your experience with it?

asiajewel
April 22nd, 2010, 09:08 AM
I am a little scared to try it, my daughter said that she tried mayo in her hair for split ends & had a terrible time getting it all out & said that she would never do that again.

Mayo in my hair worked well. It's like the ultimate conditioner! Just wash it after leaving it on. Sometimes you have to wash it more than once. But overall it works really well. It adds moisture and shine!:cheese:

KittyLost
April 22nd, 2010, 09:20 AM
You know I had a friend with bleached white blonde waist length hair that should've been fried and split ends and everything but it wasn't, it was perfectly healthy.
She swore by mayo in her hair, just popped it on and left it for a while and rinsed it out with warm water. It seemed to work well for her!
However I can't imagine it smelling very nice!

Copasetic
April 22nd, 2010, 10:01 AM

Yes, I have tried it. It smelled gross and it was really hard for me to get out. I remember finding greasy patches even after I had shampooed like crazy.

Its kind of funny to see these tips on a mainstream website. Any time I tell my friends about the idea of deep conditioning they look at me like I am crazy.

chopandchange
April 22nd, 2010, 10:21 AM
I haven't read the link, but just wanted to say that toothpaste definitely works on mosquito bites to take away the itching. It doesn't take it away 100%, but it definitely reduces it significantly, and is very soothing. Also, the fact that it sets hard reduces the tempation to scratch, because scratching will destroy the protective hard layer.

JCFantasy23
April 22nd, 2010, 09:55 PM

That was my experience with it. I was 23 or 24 and one of the other secretaries commented on my hair looking dry to her and told me to deep condition it with mayonnaise. Went home and tried it. YECH. Hair was so greasy and disgusting for days, I kept trying to get it all out. When it finally was all out I certainly didn't feel moisturized.

Johanna
April 22nd, 2010, 10:11 PM
A friend of mine used slightly out of date mayo on her hair as a treatment, it smelt so bad!

spidermom
April 22nd, 2010, 10:16 PM
The idea of warm mayo on my head makes me a little ill! But good tips overall.

x0h_bother
April 23rd, 2010, 01:54 PM
I swear by coffee grinds..Seriously temporary fix for cellulite..It's a topical remedy unlike the article makes it sound, so it's not permanent..just an FYI it makes them look better :-)

Been using baby powder on my 2nd day hair/bangs for years.