PDA

View Full Version : So..what should a shorty do at bedtime?

alwayssmiling
April 22nd, 2010, 06:20 AM
The next thing I really need to tackle is my hair before I go to bed. I have always had more damage on my left side than my right, which is slightly thicker. I have known for some time that this is because I sleep on my left. I have always slept with my hair loose.

I have ordered a satin silk pillowcase. But I was wondering how else I can protect my hair at bedtime. I can just about manage to put my hair into two (stubby) braids. I can just about get it high on my head, but lots of layers just come down. Should I clip it? What about two high pigtails? Will my pillowcase be enough. I have hunted high and low for a silk bonnet (UK) but cannot find one. Please help.

Thank you in advance. :)

Dreams_in_Pink
April 22nd, 2010, 06:41 AM
Do you know to french/dutch braid? I used those a lot when my hair was your length. I don't know if it provides protection, but at least it prevents hair from tangling.

FrannyG
April 22nd, 2010, 07:11 AM
At your length, I did double French or regular braids, making sure that they were placed so that they wouldn't interfere with my sleeping comfort.

The satin pillowcase should really be a help.

In just a couple of more inches you'll be able to bun your hair on the top of your head and hold it with a scrunchie. That's a great sleep bun.

alwayssmiling
April 22nd, 2010, 07:54 AM
Ok, it looks like french braids might be possible. I looked it up on youtube and it does look tricky so I'll have to practice. It might be a nice style for me during the day too if I can get it neat enough. Thanks for your advice.