PDA

View Full Version : just saw the weirdest thing

Mariah!!
April 21st, 2010, 07:45 PM
I was just wondering if their are any short hair lovers out there. I'm sure there are. I was anyways, but now I know. I searched for it online- that is- for a short hair forum. I found none like this, but i did find what I think was one. and they all wanted SHORT hair! they all wanted bobs, and spikey hair, or mushroom head sort of cuts! i know that people think we are weird, but I just find that odd to me... to want such short hair!? it looks great on people sometimes, but I just love long hair so much!! lol!!:p

LoveMyMutt
April 21st, 2010, 07:54 PM
I've had very very short hair, and long hair as well (well, maybe not by LHC standards, lol, but nearly to my waist). I love both. I have always had a pattern of cutting it super short for a while, then growing it really long, then cutting it all off again...I just like change, I suppose. I wish my hair grew a foot per day, so I could have super-short and super-long hair in the same month!

Also, I know some people with really long hair who I personally think would look much better with it short, and people with short hair whom I think should grow it long. Obviously I would never tell anyone how they should wear their hair; but some people look better with short hair or long hair or layers or whatever.

Right now I'm trying to decide if the length or the color are more important to me -- I don't like my henna anymore but I do like the length and want to keep growing it; but I don't like the color so part of me wants to cut it all off and start over...I know many on the LHC love the length above all else and would much rather have two-toned hair than lose the length; so I guess I'm not THAT much of a long hair lover because that would really bug me!

To each her own...

ItalianFlower
April 21st, 2010, 08:28 PM
I thought of a reason why there might not be so much stuff on short hair... might be because (in my experience) long hair needs more work, toys, experiments with different stuff so it looks good as it ages... but short hair, you just get it cut and all the damage is gone so it's not as important what you do to it.

sayshell
April 21st, 2010, 08:50 PM
It depends on the association. The majority of people these days with really long hair tend to be homeless people and metal heads. If I see someone with really long hair and its a girl I am surprised when it comes to really long hair I think much more men have it than women. When I was a small kid I thought really long hair was disgusting and made people look dirty and gross, then i got into rabbits and soft things and then I got into hair now I think its the best thing ever. its like having a rabbit built into your head.
It depends really, I think anyone who is really into hair wants long hair, someone who just has it because they think they look better with it than without it usually don't care as much and don't think long hair looks good. Its like people who drive a car for transportation, they just want plain ordinary looking ones and aren't interested in fast colorful ones.

Adora Belle
April 21st, 2010, 09:49 PM
I don't understand why its weird? Its just as weird as every one on here growing their hairs long.

I was in a short hair community on LiveJournal for a long time, it was really fun. I loved having short hair, and I loved seeing all of the different cuts that people had, especially because there were a lot of cuts I loved but don't work on hair as thick as mine. Here its the same thing, I love all of the encouragement people get to grow and seeing all of the different hair styles and types is awesome. I think when ever people are going to extremes its always nice to have the moral support of others doing the same thing.

Any way, glad you're amused that both ends of the hair spectrum have active communities :p

GoddesJourney
April 21st, 2010, 11:12 PM
Well, short hair is pretty easy. Just cut it. If it doesn't work out, reshape it in a couple of months. Short hair is easy to have. Long hair care forums are more common because it takes time and a little know-how most of the time to get your hair long (and healthy).

Johanna
April 21st, 2010, 11:45 PM
I think short hair is really quirky. I like having a look at forums and blogs of people who colour and style their hair very frequently. It would be fun being able to cut and colour all the time without having to worry about long term damage.
Personally I love my silky long hair, but I can understand why others love short hair too.