PDA

View Full Version : 3 Lampwork Beaded Bunjiis

Tresses
May 6th, 2008, 01:33 PM
This sale is open to any LHC member in the United States and Canada with at least 100 posts + 3 months membership. My apologies, I am not shipping worldwide.

For sale: 3 lampwork beaded Bunjiis in like new condition. US$40 each (see details below).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/Tresses/HairtoySwap/LHCNeon1.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/Tresses/HairtoySwap/LHCNeon2.jpg

SOLD First: Neon orange Bunjii with 3 Murano beads. Yes, it is that bright in real life! There is a tiny smudge on the cord just above the beads, approximately 2mm x 1mm. It came to me that way. See closeup pic, which I had to take in the shadow for the smudge to show up. (In other words, it's not a dark smudge.) Because it is on the underside of the cord, the smudge is not visible when wearing the Bunjii. Tried on, but never “worn.”

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/Tresses/HairtoySwap/LHCFuscia1.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/Tresses/HairtoySwap/LHCFuscia2.jpg

Second: Fuschia Bunjii with 1 ocean waves blue and white lampwork bead. Tried on, but never “worn.”

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/Tresses/HairtoySwap/LHCBlack1.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/Tresses/HairtoySwap/LHCBlack2.jpg

SOLD Third: Black Bunjii with 1 clear glass with green swirl lampwork bead. I think I wore it once or twice, but I honestly don’t remember.

US $40 each, includes shipping and domestic First Class US postage with delivery confirmation or First Class US postage to Canada. Please add $1.65 if you want your package to be insured. I am not responsible for lost, stolen, or misdirected mail. I will accept funded Paypal or US Postal Service Money Order, or check if I know you.

All sales are final.

Please PM me if you are interested.

ETA: It occurs to me...much too late in the game :doh:...that some people may not even know what a Bunjii does. Here is a pic I took a few years ago:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v331/Tresses/Bunjii1and2-1.jpg

A Bunjii works like a lasso, so you only pull your hair through the loop once, and then wrap the rest of it around the base of the ponytail to tighten it. What's left of the tail locks into the hub.

TheHippieChick
May 6th, 2008, 02:12 PM
Really Beautiful...especially the green one!

Cinnamon Hair
May 6th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Tresses, good luck selling the lampwork bunjiis. They are really unique. I bet they stand out great in a ponytail.

Tresses
May 6th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Tresses, good luck selling the lampwork bunjiis. They are really unique. I bet they stand out great in a ponytail.

Thank you, Cinnamon Hair. :) They are unique. I'm pretty sure the top two are one-of-a-kinds; the third was a limited edition. They just never went with anything I wear (wrong colors). It's about time they decorate someone's ponytail instead of the inside of a hairtoy drawer. ;)

Shanarana
May 6th, 2008, 03:46 PM
Nevermind, posted something I probably shouldn't have. They are very pretty though.

wendyg
May 6th, 2008, 05:10 PM
Tresses: I had no idea there was so much variety in bunjiis, having missed the days when they were in production. (My one is a plain yellow job with black plastic ends.) Not something I need more of, but those sure are pretty and of course unobtainable anywhere else, I would think.

wg

akurah
May 6th, 2008, 05:53 PM
I REALLY like the black and green one, but it's really high for my budget, so I'm gonna have to think super hard before I decide. If I do decide to get it and it's still listed as available, I'll shoot a PM. This post was mostly to say how pretty it was.

Tresses
May 6th, 2008, 05:56 PM
Nevermind, posted something I probably shouldn't have. They are very pretty though.

Shanarana, to answer your question (btw, anybody subscribing to this thread could've gotten your post in an email; and it was read by a number of people here in the hour and a half that it was up, so I will answer it), I don't recall exactly what these originally cost. Specialty beaded Bunjiis often went for somewhere in the mid-20s, so that's my guess. And yes, there were a number of specialty Bunjiis that cost more than a Ficcare.

Tresses: I had no idea there was so much variety in bunjiis, having missed the days when they were in production. (My one is a plain yellow job with black plastic ends.) Not something I need more of, but those sure are pretty and of course unobtainable anywhere else, I would think.

wg

There was quite a variety of Limited Edition Bunjiis "back in the day." Some had solid sterling silver or Bunjiigold (a non-tarnishing alloy) hubs and tips. Some sold for more than $60 a piece. I have several of those. And someone out there is walking around with a Bunjii with solid gold hardware and a diamond! Now that's a custom Bunjii! :grin:

So yes, as time goes by, Bunjiis in general are getting harder and harder to find; and these specialty ones are quite rare. :)

akurah, you slipped in just as I was about to post, but thank you for your interest. :)

Butters
May 6th, 2008, 05:58 PM
Black and green is beautiful, but I never mastered the bunjii. :lol: Cant wait to see it in someones ponytail.

Tresses
May 6th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Black and green is beautiful, but I never mastered the bunjii. :lol: Cant wait to see it in someones ponytail.

Ahhhh, Grasshopper...your Bunjii-Fu was weak? :rollin:

Sorry, I couldn't resist. ;)

Ursula
May 6th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Wow!

I wish the black one with the green bead was in my budget - but my budget's zero for now! But that is fine work, I've never seen a lampwork beaded bunjii before.

I wonder if people here have enough unusual bunjiis to justify setting up a social group to collect pictures of unusual ones. It's a unique bit of longhair material culture, that should be memorialized.

Shanarana
May 6th, 2008, 06:08 PM
Shanarana, to answer your question (btw, anybody subscribing to this thread could've gotten your post in an email; and it was read by a number of people here in the hour and a half that it was up, so I will answer it), I don't recall exactly what these originally cost. Specialty beaded Bunjiis often went for somewhere in the mid-20s, so that's my guess. And yes, there were a number of specialty Bunjiis that cost more than a Ficcare.

There was quite a variety of Limited Edition Bunjiis "back in the day." Some had solid sterling silver or Bunjiigold (a non-tarnishing alloy) hubs and tips. Some sold for more than $60 a piece. I have several of those. And someone out there is walking around with a Bunjii with solid gold hardware and a diamond! Now that's a custom Bunjii! :grin:

So yes, as time goes by, Bunjiis in general are getting harder and harder to find; and these specialty ones are quite rare. :)

akurah, you slipped in just as I was about to post, but thank you for your interest. :)

Didn't know that, oh well, will be more careful next time. :)

Tresses
May 6th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Wow!

I wish the black one with the green bead was in my budget - but my budget's zero for now! But that is fine work, I've never seen a lampwork beaded bunjii before.

I wonder if people here have enough unusual bunjiis to justify setting up a social group to collect pictures of unusual ones. It's a unique bit of longhair material culture, that should be memorialized.

That's an interesting idea, Ursula! I have a couple of Bunjiis with long African beads on them, which are among my favorites. And I'm holding on to another Murano beaded one in green and orange that's very cool. I also have a few prototypes, and several of the very, very original Bunjiis that started it all. You wouldn't even recognize them. ;)

tomm
May 6th, 2008, 06:15 PM
sent pm .....

annarose
May 6th, 2008, 07:15 PM
I would love to see a Bungii photo thread. Tresses, your collection sounds amazing!!

wintersun99
May 6th, 2008, 07:30 PM
going to sound incredibly ignorant here, but what does one do with a bunjii? I've never seen one before.... if this post belongs in a different section let me know - I'll gladly repost it, don't want to derail this thread - was just reeeeeally curious :)

Cinnamon Hair
May 6th, 2008, 07:59 PM
going to sound incredibly ignorant here, but what does one do with a bunjii? I've never seen one before.... if this post belongs in a different section let me know - I'll gladly repost it, don't want to derail this thread - was just reeeeeally curious :)

This google page (http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=bunjii%20hair&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wi) shows some in use. And, here is a page (http://www.hairfinder.com/articles2005/bestponytail.htm) discussing Brad's Best Ponytail in New York contest with the bunjii.

Tresses
May 6th, 2008, 08:03 PM

Ah! I see Cinnamon Hair gave you a link with some pics. I'll go add a pic to the original post so people can see one in action in my hair. (Good idea! :doh:)

wintersun99
May 6th, 2008, 08:13 PM
thanks ladies! it seems self-explanatory, now that I see the pictures - I appreciate the help.

trollkjerring
May 6th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Wow, these are beautyful and I would love to see a photo thread with the unusual ones, pretty please?

I have nine unused bunjiis in different blue colors but couldn't master them till now - maybe you could give a description how to get them tight enough without breaking my fingers? TIA!

trollkjerring

Elle
May 7th, 2008, 01:55 AM
I remember that 18kt gold/diamond bunjii! It was beautiful! :)

Carolyn
May 7th, 2008, 05:51 AM
Tresses, seeing those pictures makes me so regret not getting some Bunjii's on that long ago group order. I was really out to lunch! :rolleyes: I remember making up a list and not going forward with it and ordering. :crazyq: I'm such an idiot :doh: Too bad the Bunjiiguy won't go back into production for us. I'd love some more but will have to be satisfied with that I have or can get in a swap or on E Bay. That's a shame you lost your gold and diamond one. I'd be heartbroken.

Tresses
May 7th, 2008, 06:53 AM
Wow, these are beautyful and I would love to see a photo thread with the unusual ones, pretty please?

I'll see what I can come up with soon. :)

I have nine unused bunjiis in different blue colors but couldn't master them till now - maybe you could give a description how to get them tight enough without breaking my fingers? TIA!

trollkjerring

Hmmmm...are you pulling it tight enough at the start? Does it loosen as you wear it?

I remember that 18kt gold/diamond bunjii! It was beautiful! :)

Wasn't it though? Truly a work of art. :)

Tresses, seeing those pictures makes me so regret not getting some Bunjii's on that long ago group order. I was really out to lunch! :rolleyes: I remember making up a list and not going forward with it and ordering. :crazyq: I'm such an idiot :doh: Too bad the Bunjiiguy won't go back into production for us. I'd love some more but will have to be satisfied with that I have or can get in a swap or on E Bay. That's a shame you lost your gold and diamond one. I'd be heartbroken.

Oh my goodness, Carolyn, the gold and diamond one wasn't mine! My husband would kill me if I spent that much on a hairtoy! :lol: (Let's just say it made some of those Graydogs look cheap. ;) ) I just meant that someone out there custom ordered that Bunjii. It was black and the diamond was in the solid gold hub. Quite a piece of jewelry!

It is too bad that Brad can't go back into production for us, but you wouldn't believe all that went in to making those little guys. The actual putting together was fairly simple. (Did you know that each Bunjii was handmade by Brad?) But getting the supplies just perfect was often an issue, especially the cord. They had to be the perfect diameter, and his suppliers couldn't guarantee that one batch would be the same as the last. The tiniest fraction too small and they won't stay in the hub; too big and they won't slide through the hole in the hub. The ABS pieces which Brad designed were made by another company. (The specs on them would blow your mind. :bigeyes: ) And alll of those metal hubs and tips were handmade by a jeweler in New York.

FWIW, I just about plotzed when Brad told me he had just pitched what was left of his supplies. But I understand why. :(

trollkjerring
May 7th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Tresses, I think my problem is that I can't get it tight enough at the beginning. I twist the cord twice and till I manage to close it, it is to loose again. I think I just need more practise:)
Thank you for your help,
trollkjerring

Tresses
May 7th, 2008, 09:32 AM
Tresses, I think my problem is that I can't get it tight enough at the beginning. I twist the cord twice and till I manage to close it, it is to loose again. I think I just need more practise:)
Thank you for your help,
trollkjerring

trollkjerring, this may sound like an odd question, but what color is your cord?

Anje
May 7th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Very cool, and I like orange besides (well, and the green one is gorgeous, but gone). However, $40 for a hair tie that I don't know will work for me is a bit beyond my budget.

trollkjerring
May 7th, 2008, 09:56 AM
The cord is a bright medium blue, I would call it marineblue. I also have baby blue and dark blue, almost black bunjiis but they are still in their package. The one I use to practise is without the silver bead, all the others have that silver bead.

trollkjerring

Elle
May 7th, 2008, 01:34 PM
I bought a package of 3 bunjiis and the black one (of course it was the one I really wanted) had that loose cord problem. It was unwearable. :(

Tresses
May 7th, 2008, 01:52 PM
The cord is a bright medium blue, I would call it marineblue. I also have baby blue and dark blue, almost black bunjiis but they are still in their package. The one I use to practise is without the silver bead, all the others have that silver bead.

trollkjerring

I bought a package of 3 bunjiis and the black one (of course it was the one I really wanted) had that loose cord problem. It was unwearable. :(

Elle, I'm so sorry to hear that! You know that cord diameter thing I mentioned up above? Getting a consistent Black cord was the biggest problem. :( And IIRC, trollkjerring, Turquoise was another. That's why I asked what color you had. It was one of the blues, and I'm pretty sure it was Turquoise. (It's been a few years. :o )

One thing to try if your cord slips: Take the hub and place it on a table, groove up. Take the back of a spoon and gently press down on the face of the groove. You may have to slide or rock it over the groove a little, but the ABS is thin at the top of the groove; you should be able to tighten the opening a bit by doing that. I hope that helps!

Nynaeve
May 7th, 2008, 02:55 PM
NOOOO!!!!!!
Stupid exams!!!!
Made me miss out on the amazing black bunjii. I could cry.

:wail:

tameriska
May 10th, 2008, 03:42 AM
[Hijack]
All this talk of Bunjii's got me interested in the concept, and in google searching I ran across an interview (http://www.longhairloom.com/bunjii.html) with the maker, Brad Bealmear, and if you scroll down, there is a pic of the 18k gold bunjii that was mentioned earlier

Tresses
May 10th, 2008, 02:56 PM
[Hijack]
All this talk of Bunjii's got me interested in the concept, and in google searching I ran across an interview (http://www.longhairloom.com/bunjii.html) with the maker, Brad Bealmear, and if you scroll down, there is a pic of the 18k gold bunjii that was mentioned earlier

Good find, tameriska! :thumbsup:

Nynaeve
May 10th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Good find, tameriska! :thumbsup:

Agreed on the good find, I've seen that before, didn't realize that was the black and gold and diamond one you ladies were talking about. I never thought it was very pretty. :shrug: I always thought the blak one with the bali bead was better looking, then again, I'm not a "gold" person, really.

Elle
May 11th, 2008, 01:49 AM
Elle, I'm so sorry to hear that! You know that cord diameter thing I mentioned up above? Getting a consistent Black cord was the biggest problem. :( And IIRC, trollkjerring, Turquoise was another. That's why I asked what color you had. It was one of the blues, and I'm pretty sure it was Turquoise. (It's been a few years. :o )

One thing to try if your cord slips: Take the hub and place it on a table, groove up. Take the back of a spoon and gently press down on the face of the groove. You may have to slide or rock it over the groove a little, but the ABS is thin at the top of the groove; you should be able to tighten the opening a bit by doing that. I hope that helps!
Thank you so much for this hint, Tresses! I'm so glad because now I have 2 bunjiis! My navy one was starting to loosen up and because of this I had given it to my kitties. Once I read your post I went and took it back. :lol: I tried this except placing the groove side down onto the kitchen counter. It made sense that it might work better since the kitchen counter is totally flat whereas the back of a spoon is rounded. :grin: Anyways, it worked great! Now, if only I can find where they put the black bunjii... :roll:

Tresses
May 11th, 2008, 02:01 PM
I'm glad it worked, Elle! :grin: I was going from memory something that Brad had posted at the old site about tightening the groove, but if turning the hub groove down works, that sounds even easier. :agree:

Hope you can rescue your black Bunjii. :lol: Maybe offer them a cheezburger? :razz:

Elle
May 12th, 2008, 02:52 AM
A cheezburger! :lol: I'm starting to wonder if they ate it! I swear, I looked EVERYWHERE and I can't find it. :shake: You know, now that I'm thinking... they MIGHT have thrown it in the trash!! The other day the cable remote control was missing and we were looking high and low for the thing. I don't know what made me look, but I glanced into the livingroom trash can and there it was! Cray-zee kitties! :lol: