PDA

View Full Version : Hair trimming

Caxikian
April 20th, 2010, 07:39 PM
I've been trying to find a hair trimming routine

First I want to give you a little information
it's taken me 2 years to get my hair healthy & all natural.... This is the reason why. When I 1st decided to go natural I really didn't know where to start but the obvious which is stop with the chemicals (hair dyeing), stop with flat ironing so much etc. & cut the unhealthy fried hair off. So I slowly begin cutting the unhealthy hair off as my natural curls started growing back so I could keep the same length... a little past mid year all the unhealthy hair was chopped off completely & I still had my length.

Beginning of the 2nd year I started trimming my hair a little (about... 1/4 to 1/2 an inch) once every 3-4 months to get rid of any split ends etc. mid year I finally found other naturals & found a healthy hair care routine that I liked. I haven't trimmed my hair in almost a year now....

What do you recommend & how much?

Loreley
April 20th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Do you have a picture? It's impossible to tell how much you should trim if we can't see you hair. :)

Caxikian
April 21st, 2010, 12:31 AM
Do you have a picture? It's impossible to tell how much you should trim if we can't see you hair. :)

What type of pics?
Do you need pics of my natural curly hair or of my straight hair to see better how much needs to be trimmed? or what? :confused:
because I usually straighten it at every trim to see better (I haven't found a hair salon that will cut my hair in its natural curls only straight but I've been trimming my own hair since I've started going natural)

Thanks! :)