PDA

View Full Version : Hairdresser trial-run and tiny confession

rach
April 20th, 2010, 03:40 PM
We had our wedding hair trail and this is what the hair dresser did for me (chief brides made) -
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs449.snc3/25717_418797384782_732834782_5355506_1502295_n.jpg
In comparison my hair style looks like a full cushion in comparison and the hair dresser was good in the fact that she used very little heat which she said worked well with my length anyway. And someone who could handly my hair!!!! :agape:
My hair is a challenge when it comes to thickness quantity so i'm glad its done now afther than say a year plus down the line where the hairdresser may have given up to gravity some what.
and the other bridesmaid had similar hair style but all to one side instead (she had finer hair in comparison so less area covering in bumph)

And the bride had a dome smooth shape on top with loops near the crown of her head with like a french twist at the bottom which i was surpassed was a bit to not fall out (all shoulder length hair). the french twist area was covered in vail. And her hendigo i did on her was just WOW as in was very shinny and red tinge , it looked wonderful.

small confession through this as i had promised to my self -

The frount areas on me got heated up for curls. shudder:
over a years worth of not going near "sigh" with heat. It's a one off and it made it easier for the hairdresser :o

AND TOO MANY GRIPS TO GET OUT!!!!!!!! - took me a while to return my hair back to normal.

Kristin
April 20th, 2010, 03:54 PM
It looks beautiful! Congrats on finding a good hairdresser. Don't worry about using the curling iron; you have long hair so that you can enjoy it! Don't beat yourself up!

chopandchange
April 20th, 2010, 03:56 PM
It looks really nice! :)

Don't worry about the heat. After much protest and deliberation I agreed to have my hair curled with GHDs ( :eek: ) for bridesmaid hair last year. I was terrified it would give me parched, dry, frazzled hair again, but after a CO wash it was fine. I think if you do it as a one-off, it's not too bad!

Tresses
April 20th, 2010, 04:26 PM
That's beautiful, rach!

NuclearMosquito
April 20th, 2010, 04:27 PM
That is cute! I like the little flower hair toys.

Don't worry too much about using heat for a special occasion. I had to for my brother's wedding, and I didn't regret it. If it's just one special day, it's not going to do a whole lot of damage. Enjoy the wedding! :flower:

paperwhite
April 20th, 2010, 05:11 PM
That's really pretty, I love your color! The little flowers are nice :)

IndigoAsh
April 20th, 2010, 05:47 PM
Are you wearing an ear cuff? I really like it. Your hair looks gorgeous! I wish I could find someone I actually trust with my hair.

Aditi
April 20th, 2010, 06:21 PM
The hairstyle is absolutey Beautiful :thumbsup"

little_acorn
April 21st, 2010, 12:10 AM
Looks great and a little bit of heat once in a while shouldn't hurt :flower:

rach
April 21st, 2010, 03:00 AM
Are you wearing an ear cuff? I really like it. Your hair looks gorgeous! I wish I could find someone I actually trust with my hair.

It's just 3 hoops and at the bottom Priestess (http://www.bodyartforms.com/productdetails.asp?keywords=Priestess&button=Search&anyallexact=any&basicsearch=yes&ProductID=4528&index=1) spiral earrings.

Thanks for the thumbs up :flowers:

jackiesjottings
April 21st, 2010, 03:54 AM
It looks beautiful :)

Tornerose
April 21st, 2010, 08:04 AM
Oh that is absolutely gorgeous. Wish I knew how it was done.

And like the others said, don't worry about the heat. It was a one-time-thing, it's not like you're going to do it every day for the rest of your life, or even every saturday from now on.

rach
April 21st, 2010, 09:03 AM
Tornerose - from what i could work out she just turned and turned a section by section in loops then pined them down with a couple pins (she also said it was a nice minimal way to avoid heat on the whole head hair) To be honest it's not something which i could do myself in such a continuous flattering way :p