PDA

View Full Version : my daughter's hair.

vanity_acefake
April 20th, 2010, 02:05 AM
lhc's influence has now got me playing with my 6 year old daughters hair. I put it in 2 pleats last night when it was damp after a hair wash and today she has gone off to school with the most beautiful wavy hair and a huge smile because she said she looked just like a princess. She looks adorable.

Dreams_in_Pink
April 20th, 2010, 02:35 AM
Ahhh, that's so cute ^_^
Tell her to enjoy the hair she has now, since most people miss their childhood hair when they start getting older :)

Arctic_Mama
April 20th, 2010, 03:06 AM
I'm trying to instill good hair habits for my girls early on. We use conditioner-only and comb gently around thee parts. Once my toddler is old enough she'll wear updos beyond just a ponytail (the baby was a baldy, so even at 21 months her hair is too short to put up yet!).

You're setting a good precedent by helping her love her hair early on - she'll be less likely to hack it or experiment with chemicals on it as she gets older, if she learns early on to love it the way it is :)

IcarusBride
April 20th, 2010, 04:12 AM
My 6 year old sister told me the other day that she want to grow her hair out "to [her] tippy toes!" She also always asks me to comb her hair with my "magic yak comb". I use a tibetian yak horn comb on my hair, and she says it's the only comb that doesn't hurt when her hair is combed with it. Kids are so cute!

Loreley
April 20th, 2010, 05:07 AM
That's cute. :D Yes, it's important to know about good hair care early. :)

Maddy25
April 20th, 2010, 06:13 AM
aw how sweet! You can teach her young to take good care of it :D I wish my mom did that haha.

restourceful
April 20th, 2010, 06:30 AM
That is very cute! My Mom used to do that kind of thing for me as a child. It did make me love my long hair, and for the most part, my hair has been longer than the average female most of my life.

My niece, aged 10, recently cut her past waist length gorgeous strawberry blond 1b iii (or is it iiii!) hair to mid-back and then just below shoulder length. *sigh* Her mom (my sister) said she wanted to allow her to make her own decision about it and that's what she wanted. She likes it, but I hope it doesn't get any shorter. I secretly hope she decides to grow it long again before she hits her teens.

SunDreamer76
April 20th, 2010, 08:01 AM
My teenage daughter has been wanting to dye her medium/dark blonde wavy hair darker for the past two years. She has a metal allergy and seasonal allergies, so I've been using allergies as an excuse to not allow her to do it (saying that I fear she may be allergic/sensitive to the harsh chemical dyes... but I also tell her what a shame it would be to change her naturally lovely hair). Since reading a bunch of information on LHC, now I'm tempted to let her try cassia or a light henna... I mean, she is 16 after all. I've basically allowed her to have any hairstyle/cut she wants since she's been old enough to maintain her hair herself... as long as it's neat and she doesn't have hair hanging in her face (pet peeve), I think it's her hair and should be her decision. BUT, coloring hair is bigger... not just because of the change of appearance, but the possible damage, the cost, etc. Any thoughts on this out there?

joiekimochi
April 20th, 2010, 08:42 AM
My mother had a very liberal attitude towards my hair, because she thinks that since it's my hair, I ought to take the responsibility whatever I do to my hair. She allowed me to afro perm, bleach it, spend thousands on it (as long as it's my own money) and cut it in any way I want EXCEPT shave bald (which is banned in schools in my country by the way, because it is a symbol of racism i.e. skinhead, I had no idea it was banned until my male classmate was suspended for shaving his head bald and was only allowed to return after it had grew enough to resemble a crew cut). It took me until now to love my original hair and the years of hair-abuse has led me to treasure my hair now.

Purdy Bear
April 20th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Awwe that is sooooooo cute! Start them young I say, I wish Id had someone to teach me when I was that age.

TiaKitty
April 20th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Isn't that a nice feeling? My girlie loves to have "princess hair" too!

Part of the danger of coming to LHC so often is my insane urge to "do" other people's hair. I have caught myself asking several of my cousins if I could braid their hair, instead of the other way around...