PDA

View Full Version : Easier S&D method?

EtherealOde
April 19th, 2010, 06:05 PM
I got tired of the eyestrain that doing a search and destroy would always inflict on me. I actually got headaches that became almost migrane-like at times. In an attempt to make the process easier on me, I bought a 10x magnification mirror. I can easily see the ends clearly now in the mirror and it has made a huge difference in the time that the process takes.

Now I don't have to search as long to do a section of hair, and my eyes thank me for it. And the light doesn't have to be in my eyes either.

Ivy~Rose
April 19th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Good idea! I know I have a magnifying glass around here somewhere, that's much better than a naked eye.

Tornerose
April 20th, 2010, 10:04 AM
What a great idea. I find that I can't do it for too long either, without resting my eyes, so anything that cuts down the time is a good thing.

Tressie
April 20th, 2010, 10:19 AM
Thanks for posting this! A good idea! (o:

Purdy Bear
April 20th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Brilliant idea! I wonder if thats why so many ladies years ago had magnifing glasses as a pendant on long chains.

alwayssmiling
April 20th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Yes, I get headaches from eyestrain when S&Ding. I have a double sided shaving mirror and I generally use the magnified side - you can really see the tiny ends that are about to split!

I also used to get neck ache and slight back ache from leaning at the mirror and found a great adjustable one (ikea) that I can sit down to and get it just to the right angle. (Unfortunately not mignified though).