PDA

View Full Version : Hair "discovery" - Woot!!

ColoradoDreamer
May 6th, 2008, 10:15 AM
I let my hair air-dry down after my shampoo this morning. What used to be my fringe is now at chin-length and growing out, so it frequently falls in front of my eyes when I look down.

I happened to notice, as I was looking down at the book I'm teaching from, a lovely, loose Boticelli-style spiral in part of my fringe! After class dismissed, I looked in the mirror on my cabinet door, and I have those loose spirals all over! :cheese:

I had wondered, after my hair started growing out last year, if the curls I had after chemo would stay with me. I hear of so many women who get curls growing in after loosing hair to chemo, only to have their hair straighten back out and return to normal after a period of time. It's been almost 18 months since I finished chemo, and I STILL HAVE CURLS!

My hair did have lots of body before chemo, but nowhere near this much curl and wave. And with so little effort on my part, other than gentle treatment and good care. :D

Xandergrammy
May 6th, 2008, 10:18 AM
That's awesome!! Congratulations! Do you have a photo album?

Islandgrrl
May 6th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Curls....mmmmm......only in my dreams! I do so hope you get to keep them!!

Eireann
May 6th, 2008, 10:25 AM
That's exciting! :cheese:
My hair is wavy, and eeeeveeeerrrry once in a while I get an actual spiral curl or two, and then I try like mad to replicate it, and I never can. It's always pure luck!

coppercurls
May 6th, 2008, 10:30 AM
That is wonderful!:cheese:

Katze
May 6th, 2008, 10:37 AM
what a great thing! hooray for you!

If you have spirals like that at your length, you are probably wavier than 2a...from your pic I'd say 2b or even 2c. When it gets longer, you will most likely get even more of them.

:cheese:

embee
May 6th, 2008, 10:42 AM
That must be lovely to have loose spirals all over. My hair is straight as a ruler and always has been. Can't even imagine having waves (other than from curlers or permanent waves, ugh). Hope they stay with you. :)

SarieQ
May 6th, 2008, 10:56 AM
Yay! That's so good that you've gotten to keep them! Congrats!!!!

j4zzin
May 6th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Aw, I really hope you get to keep them! It's like you've been given a little gift after all that you've been through.

Iylivarae
May 6th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Yay, congrats to your curls!

Kiraela
May 6th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Congrats! I hope those spirals stay, and as you grow longer, get even more frequent!

Angellen
May 7th, 2008, 12:06 AM
How exciting! Congrats!!