PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear god.. crew cut.

wissles
April 19th, 2010, 12:26 AM
My boyfriend decided to do some kind of crew cut and I hate it and he hates it too and says he regrets his mind really bad, haha. It's about 0,7 inches. (1,8 cm) and I was wondering how long you think it will take for the hair to be... hairy again and long enough to style it with some wax and stuff?

jera
April 19th, 2010, 12:36 AM
Oooo, sympathy. Maybe four months worth of growth should give him something to work with. :)

Heavenly Locks
April 19th, 2010, 12:51 AM
Depends on what kind of style he eventually wants.

I'd say in 4 weeks he'll have more hair that he can put some product in. My DH is Military and he gets his cut every month because it's 'too long'. ;) He keeps enough to style like - this (http://celebrity-pics.movieeye.com/celebrity_pictures/Jensen_Ackles_878704.jpg) - when we go out.

Flynn
April 19th, 2010, 12:53 AM
1/2 to 1 inch a month seems pretty standard for most people on here, though a little less or a little more isn't uncommon.

wissles
April 19th, 2010, 01:02 AM
hm... oh god I'm freaking out! I know it's just hair but I LOVED his hair before he cut it and he was supposed to cut it so it would be at least 1,6 inches long (4 cm) but something went reeeeally wrong..

heavenly locks - that doesn't look bad at all! how long hair does he have?

Heavenly Locks
April 19th, 2010, 02:02 AM
The guy in the link (Jensen Ackles, OMG super hottie :o ) I'd say his hair is about half inch on the sides and 1.5 on top. :)

FrannyG
April 19th, 2010, 05:22 AM
Oh, I know what an unpleasant shock this must be. However, in my years of knowing lots of guys who went for the crew cut and then grew it out, I can assure you that you'll be surprised at how quickly his hair will look "normal" and it won't be long after that when you'll see that it's long again.

Remember, the good thing about hair is that it grows. :blossom:

atlantaz3
April 19th, 2010, 07:24 AM
My dh has gone through some bad haircuts until I talked him into going to my stylist. For what ever reason guy's hair seems to grow much faster than our hair. Or at least it looks that way to me. I'm sure within two weeks it will be grown out enough and in a month the crew cut will be a thing of the past.
I call my hubbie Hootie when he gets a bad hair cut because the gray hair on the sides sticks out like an owl.

aef231
April 19th, 2010, 07:31 AM
After I shaved my head, it was back to "stylability" inside a month.

Madame J
April 19th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Igor wrote an article about growing out from a shaved head, so that should give your boyfriend an idea of a timeline to grow back out.

IndigoAsh
April 19th, 2010, 12:34 PM
*ahem* very nice example photo Heavenly Locks... :grin:

spidermom
April 19th, 2010, 12:42 PM
My DH's hair has gotten shorter and shorter since I met him (when it was shoulder length). I don't like his hair, but he does, and I love him, so there you have it. But I know what you mean; it can be very disappointing to lose the look you love in the guy you love. But it's his hair.

jera
April 19th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Igor wrote an article about growing out from a shaved head, so that should give your boyfriend an idea of a timeline to grow back out.

True. Igor is the guru when it comes to growing out from a shaved head. ;)

melindalucy
February 5th, 2021, 05:35 AM
My boyfriend decided to do some kind of crew cut, (https://hairstyle-en.com/crew-cut-haircut-for-stylish-mens-haircuts-2021-short-hairstyles/) and I hate it and he hates it too and says he regrets his mind really bad, haha. It's about 0,7 inches. (1,8 cm) and I was wondering how long you think it will take for the hair to be... hairy again and long enough to style it with some wax and stuff?

What is the quickest way for me to grow my hair out from a crew cut?

1. When sleeping, comb your hair with a comb or your own fingers, which can promote blood circulation in the head. This can effectively promote the rapid growth of hair, and can also play a role in helping sleep.

2. You can also use two kinds of shampoo alternately. Get up and wash your hair once every morning to keep your hair clean, which can effectively promote blood circulation in the head. Or use your hands and fingers to rub your hair from time to time in your free time until your scalp gets hot. These can accelerate the growth of hair.

3. You can use beer to wash your hair, because beer contains a lot of nutrients, which can effectively promote the growth of hair. For people who like to dye their hair, if they often wash their hair with beer, they can also dye their hair. effect.

barnet_fair
February 5th, 2021, 06:38 AM
1. When sleeping, comb your hair with a comb or your own fingers, which can promote blood circulation in the head. This can effectively promote the rapid growth of hair, and can also play a role in helping sleep.

How do I make sure my hands comb my hair while sleeping? Does this involve lucid dreaming techniques?

Instructions unclear, woke up having eaten my comb during a dream about hamburgers.

lapushka
February 5th, 2021, 06:43 AM
How do I make sure my hands comb my hair while sleeping? Does this involve lucid dreaming techniques?

Instructions unclear, woke up having eaten my comb during a dream about hamburgers.

I think she might not be a native English speaker, and meant before going to sleep.

But I think this is the 2nd time a dead thread (last one was from 2011) comes from the deep dark depths of LHC. This one is from 2010. Same member. ;) :p

barnet_fair
February 5th, 2021, 07:00 AM
I think she might not be a native English speaker, and meant before going to sleep.

But I think this is the 2nd time a dead thread (last one was from 2011) comes from the deep dark depths of LHC. This one is from 2010. Same member. ;) :p

The user is a bot. The above post was copied wholesale from https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-quickest-way-for-me-to-grow-my-hair-out-from-a-crew-cut, and others seem to come from different Quora posts. I just thought I'd have some fun with it before the mods make their judgement.

lapushka
February 5th, 2021, 09:50 AM
The user is a bot. The above post was copied wholesale from https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-quickest-way-for-me-to-grow-my-hair-out-from-a-crew-cut, and others seem to come from different Quora posts. I just thought I'd have some fun with it before the mods make their judgement.

I don't even know what "Quora" is. ;) Anyway, now we know. Could have warned me. :p

TatsuOni
February 5th, 2021, 12:05 PM
Eating cheese and combing your hair while you sleep, will give you amazing long hair in just a week! :lol: You can totally pay me for lessons on how to do it! :magic:

Feral_
February 5th, 2021, 12:11 PM
Eating cheese and combing your hair while you sleep, will give you amazing long hair in just a week! :lol: You can totally pay me for lessons on how to do it! :magic:

Cool, sign me up! ;)

TatsuOni
February 5th, 2021, 12:16 PM
Cool, sign me up! ;)

So if you can just transfer me some money, I will totally teach you how to do it and I will absolutely not disappear with your money! :disco:

AmaryllisRed
February 5th, 2021, 01:29 PM
So if you can just transefer me some money, I will totally teach you how to do it and I will absolutely not disappear with your money! :disco:

:eye:
Yep, this sounds on the up-and-up.
:agree: