PDA

View Full Version : Using hairpieces while oiling

Kristin
April 18th, 2010, 09:43 AM
I was at the mall yesterday and noticed a small kiosk selling stick-in hair extensions. They are little French combs with two hair-covered wires that can bend in any direction.

I stopped out of curiosity and to humor myself. The employees swooped down and promptly stuck a piece into my cinnabunned hair. The they gave me a mirror and I prepared to laugh, but when turned around, I was surprised. It looked pretty darn good. And it took all of...30 seconds? And then I thought, "Hmmm....I could wear one of these and have my hair in a heavily oiled bun underneath and no one would be the wiser. (Granted, these do not FEEL like human hair, but they really do look realistic.)

What do you think? Would you consider wearing a hair piece if it meant you could take care of your real hair simultaneously?

joiekimochi
April 18th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Yes. I have a huge hairpiece of cascading ringlets that is meant to go over (cover) a bun (you can see it in my album). I wear it for performances when I need big dramatic hair and I don't want to heat-style or use product, and also for clubbing nights, to protect my real hair from absorbing cigarette smoke.