PDA

View Full Version : colour changed. I need help please

lesbia
April 18th, 2010, 07:15 AM
It is a little bit long, but I want to share my problems with you, I'm very sad and I need an advice.:pray:

My hair have always been blonde, but after the last summer they became red/light-brown (maybe after something I put on them, but I don't know what it could be)
I want to return to my colour and expecially I HATE red, I want a cold blonde. What should i do? I don't like my hair right now, I must change.

I've tried to light with:
- lemon (it work for a little time but after a wash my hair are the same)
- honey (it doesn't work for me :( I think I make mistakes, but I don't understand how)
- cassia+lemon (my colour not change, just some reflects)
- zaffron (it work. After an application my are yellow, not blond but it satisfy me. The problem is that after few days my air returned the same :mad:)

This natural metods doesn't work at all so I tried this lotion: aqua, hydrogen perioxide, chamomilla recutita extract, bisabolol, glycerin, etidronic acid, trethanolamine, oxyquinoline sulfate.
I know that it is not the best for my (fine) hair...it dry, but i'm fed up with my colour :(

An other possibility is to chemically dye. What's better? My lotion, apllied once a week, or a dye just one time?
I've also considered to continue to use zaffron forever once or two a week to keep my are blonde...If you were me, what do you prefer? What is better for my hair?

Aevra
April 18th, 2010, 07:39 AM
I"m sorry that you don't like red at all...I used to hate my colour since I was teased about it in school, but I came to love it, everyone tells me how pretty they think it is and it gives me a lot of confidence.

But, if you are absolutely set on changing it back, I hear that Chamomile tea is a great rinse that will lighten your hair.

Heavenly Locks
April 18th, 2010, 07:42 AM
Is it possible that your natural color changed with age? If you are not showing roots that are different, this is likely.

Can you show us a picture of the color you have and then a picture of the color you want?

lesbia
April 18th, 2010, 07:59 AM
this is my colour actually
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5330&pictureid=69743

this was my colour, and this is the colour I want
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=5330&pictureid=69744

jaine
April 18th, 2010, 08:07 AM
I'm no help, but I think your current color is lovely!\

xoxophelia
April 18th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Have you been inside more often?

There are people hear who color to a blonde similar to that and have very lovely hair. It depends on your hair goals what you want to do. With your hair color, I bet you could even do Sun In and sit out 15 minutes at a time over the summer. I'm not sure what would be more damaging though.

You could also start with sublte highlights and see how your hair takes it.

Sara_1987
April 18th, 2010, 08:26 AM
I'm exactly the same as you.
Naturally very blond until I was about 16, then got red tones in my hair (pictures are in my profile by the way. There's a pic of me as a kid that shows how blond I was for a long time and then there's a picture of my natural color these days. Right now my hair is dyed brown though, but I'm letting it fade back to my natural color).

I also tried chamomile, lemon, honey etc.... I also used a spray like what you used! Was yours also by Herbavita? (white bottle with green letters). None of it worked though; it just seemed to make my hair orange instead of a more cool blond.
Sorry to say but I think chemical colour might be the only way to get the color we want.
I am going to wait until after my vacation because my hair tends to bleach a lot in the sun (in combination with sea/pool water), but if I still don't like the color I might get it done at the hairdresser.

I myself am also wondering about those purple "toning" shampoos though. I have read about them. They're usually used by people with bleached hair when the hair has become "brassy" and it takes out the red and makes it more cool tones apparently. I don't know whether that works on natural hair as well though.
I read good reviews of Aveda Blue Malva shampoo+conditioner and might want to try that out.
Maybe you could try something like that too before dyeing it chemically?

good luck and keep us updated!

Arctic
April 18th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Maybe it's your water? If it contains minerals, they can change the colour of your hair. Iron especially can make hair a reddish colour. Normal clarifying shampoos are of no help, you will need a chelating shampoo that removes minerals.

lesbia
April 18th, 2010, 09:09 AM
I also tried chamomile, lemon, honey etc.... I also used a spray like what you used! Was yours also by Herbavita? (white bottle with green letters). None of it worked though; it just seemed to make my hair orange instead of a more cool blond.

Mine is by Schultz, and I also notice that using this my colour seems orange :(

Sorry to say but I think chemical colour might be the only way to get the color we want.
I am going to wait until after my vacation because my hair tends to bleach a lot in the sun (in combination with sea/pool water), but if I still don't like the color I might get it done at the hairdresser.
I think this is a good solution. I'm waiting for the summer, i hope in the sun :rolleyes: if sun doesn't bleach my hair I'll dye them.

Thank you for the advices:cheese: