PDA

View Full Version : Possible to stop this after wearing a hairstick?

Debra83
April 18th, 2010, 12:54 AM
I wore a hairstick all day the other day, and when I took it out....this was the result. Any way to stop that from happening? Did I twist it wrong or something? or is it inevitable...like braid waves?

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4366&pictureid=69492

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4366&pictureid=69492

Debra83
April 18th, 2010, 12:57 AM
There fixed the link....sorry.

Gumball
April 18th, 2010, 01:01 AM
Bun waves. It's all about the style of bun you're wearing. Since your hair has wave/curl to it that makes it much more likely to take on a shape after it's been put up. You'll either have to deal with it, find a way to reduce the appearance when it happens, or find a style that gives a "taken down" look you can groove with. :)

Debra83
April 18th, 2010, 01:10 AM
rats. looks like I've been climbing a mountain sideways all day or something!

Gumball
April 18th, 2010, 01:40 AM
rats. looks like I've been climbing a mountain sideways all day or something!

No doubt an impressive feat! ;) Still, if your hair is up all day, then having it down with a little pep in its step while you're lounging at home isn't all bad!

Konstifik
April 18th, 2010, 01:52 AM
Bun waves can happen depending on which style you use. I don't get the waves from the lazy wrap bun, maybe you could try that?

joiekimochi
April 18th, 2010, 08:03 AM
I get bun waves all the time! I can't stop it from happening, so I just try not to let down my hair in public if it's been in a bun.

gnegirl
April 18th, 2010, 08:09 AM
Bun and braid waves are the only time my hair isnt straight, so i think they are cool :).

Carolyn
April 18th, 2010, 08:13 AM
For me it depends on the bun and the placement of said bun. A low cinnamon bun with give me that ponytail bump affect like in your picture. A Lazy Wrap Bun gives me the smoothest look after taking it down.

Pixna
April 18th, 2010, 08:26 AM
I don't think there's much way around it. I always have bun waves after bunning (which I do daily). Certain types of hair (I think in the 2 to 3 range) are more prone to holding bun waves. Bunning totally leaves my waves wonky and alters my natural waves. But everything goes back to normal once I wash or wet my hair. Then I bun again and the process starts all over. :smirk:

celelu
April 18th, 2010, 09:46 AM
You might like it better when you have longer hair! In mine, it makes funny patterns depending on the bun... Take a look on my pics!

GoddesJourney
April 18th, 2010, 09:59 AM
Plain cinnabun waves aren't too bad, it's the complicated buns that tend to make strange waves (unless you got the ends twisted in there in a strange way). That said, hairsticks change it a little. I never did like hairsticks that much, they're uncomfortable. Try with something like Amish pins and see if you get the same result.

FrannyG
April 18th, 2010, 10:04 AM
I have pin straight hair, and even I get bun waves after a day of wearing a bun. Sometime they're nice, sometimes, not so much. If I don't like the waves, and I intend to wear it down, I give my hair a light spritz from a bottle of distilled water. Since my hair is barely damp, not wet, I can comb it and the waves are gone. You might try something like that.

misspriss
April 18th, 2010, 10:10 AM
I love my bun waves! Being a 2, mine holds waves really well.

spidermom
April 18th, 2010, 10:32 AM
I agree with FrannyG - a little water with a comb-through should put your waves right again.

I usually like my bun waves.

Capybara
April 18th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Most times I like my bun waves (because my hair so straight, the variety is refreshing :) ) but if I don't like them or they have an unnatural wave pattern, I'll usually braid the length to form braid waves - I know what they'll look like every time :D

lapushka
April 18th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Maybe try another bun or the same bun, but twist your hair in the opposite direction? Just to maybe try and balance it out some?

It does help if you bun when your hair is completely dry and not right after / the day after you've washed it. It gets better as your hair gets longer also. Loose waves will look more awkward on shorter lengths..