PDA

View Full Version : Hairtyping: I finally took a picture after two and a half years.

chloeishere
April 17th, 2010, 10:31 AM
I would apologize for jumping right in and asking for an opinion on my hair type, but I think I've been here long enough that hopefully people will humor my request. :D This is actually my two years and six month anniversary today! What a coincidence.

Hair, washed, untouched while drying. I did toss it over my pillow last night, the only way I don't touch my hair at all is if I'm asleep. Sorry it's a bit frizzy.

Here's the pictures:
The whole shebang
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k152/chloeishere/IMG_8268c.jpg
Middle of hair length
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k152/chloeishere/IMG_8267c.jpg
Middle and ends
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k152/chloeishere/IMG_8271c.jpg
Ends only
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k152/chloeishere/IMG_8263c.jpg

Thank you for your help! After 2 and a half years, it would be good to know if I guessed right on my hair type.

FrannyG
April 17th, 2010, 11:05 AM
I'm thinking 1c/2a.

Dani
April 17th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Awesome! Your hair looks gorgeous, and it looks -exactly- like mine (when my hair is long; there are pics in my profile... my color is different, though). I've always just kind of guessed at my hair type, and only just recently after seeing some hair typing threads, I was like, wait a minute... maybe my hair isn't as thick and such as I always thought. I always assumed mine was a solid 2b, M, ii. But methinks it's really more like 2a/b, f/m, ii. I can't remember what's in my info to the side there, but I'm pretty sure that's about what our hair type is. I'm not an expert hair-typer, though... I hope this helps a tad. :D You have such beautiful hair! :cheese:

ETA: I looked at my pics again, and yours looks wavier. But I have no idea what products I was using a few years ago, and different stuff makes my waves appear wavier or straighter. I don't know exactly what my hair type is, and I don't care anymore. :p Maybe someday I'll get some good pictures together when my hair is long again and get some help. ;) :D

Arctic_Mama
April 17th, 2010, 12:28 PM
I'd say a 1c, it doesn't have enough wave pattern for me to classify it as a 2, but has nice bodywaves :)

Calista
April 17th, 2010, 12:33 PM
chloeishere, I have always been a big fan of your hair! :crush: I think it is 1c, bordering on 2a. I classify myself as 2a, and yours seems to be a little less wavy.

curlylocks85
April 17th, 2010, 12:36 PM
I'd say a 1c, it doesn't have enough wave pattern for me to classify it as a 2, but has nice bodywaves :)

I agree, a 1c.

little_acorn
April 17th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Stunning Chloe :D, I'd agree 1c/2a

Happy 2.5 year anniversary too :flower:

chloeishere
April 17th, 2010, 01:58 PM
I just did a multiquote so I'd remember everyone's spelling, and it goes in alphabetical order, not post order! I had no idea!

Thank you FrannyG, Dani, Arctic Mama, Calista(your comment was so nice, it really made my day! Extra thank you!), curlylocks85, and little acorn!

So, consensus appears to be 1c, maybe 1c/2a. I guess that's not a surprise, as my hair seems to go almost straight with very little coaxing... I do wish it were wavier, though.

I really appreciate your opinions, and thanks for the lovely compliments, too!

Dvips
April 17th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Very pretty... and 1c/2a sounds reasonable to me! ;)

Frying Pan Paul
April 17th, 2010, 04:32 PM
I don't know how hair typing works. But I will say you've been taking great care of your hair!

GoddesJourney
April 17th, 2010, 07:33 PM
I'm thinking 1c/2a.

What she said.

chloeishere
April 17th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Thanks to Dvips, Frying Pan Paul, and GoddesJourney!

It looks like more people are leaning towards 1c/2a, so I have changed my stats to reflect that! Now I gotta see if there are any 1c tips that I've been missing out on... ;)

Thanks again to everyone, your wonderful comments really made my day!

kelly-j
April 17th, 2010, 11:03 PM
I would say 1c!
I really like your haircolor, and your hair really looks soft.

Loreley
April 18th, 2010, 12:26 AM
A vote for 1c/2a here. :)

Debra83
April 18th, 2010, 12:50 AM
I know nothing about hair typing, and frequently forget my own....but I DO know that I love your hair!!! Great growing!!! :D

Aditi
April 18th, 2010, 03:04 AM
Right now its 1c/2a but i think it will turn into 2a.....either ways love your hair color :thumbsup:

Bianca
April 18th, 2010, 05:20 AM
1c, and have to ask. It that your natural color ? how did you get it, if not ? It looks great :)

Tornerose
April 18th, 2010, 07:09 AM
I vote 2a.
I was voted a 1c/2a back in the day, and you're wavier than me.

Phalaenopsis
April 18th, 2010, 08:27 AM
I also vote 2a, it's too wavy for 1c, you're definitely not a straightie :)

jackiesjottings
April 18th, 2010, 12:10 PM
I'd say 1C too and it is a gorgeous colour.

chloeishere
April 18th, 2010, 07:27 PM
I'm just going to go one at a time this time around!

I would say 1c!
I really like your haircolor, and your hair really looks soft.

Thank you kelly-j! It is pretty soft, it's an advantage of fine hair. Unless it's tangled, then it doesn't feel so good (the disadvantage of fine hair).

A vote for 1c/2a here. :)

Thank you Loreley!

I know nothing about hair typing, and frequently forget my own....but I DO know that I love your hair!!! Great growing!!! :D

Thank you so much Debra83! I'm not very good at it either, I joined thinking my hairtyping was 2a/2b, and no one has thought my hair was that wavy yet, so it must have been wishful thinking. :o

Right now its 1c/2a but i think it will turn into 2a.....either ways love your hair color :thumbsup:

Thank you, Aditi! I really hope it will, but my hair so far has gotten less wavy as it's gotten longer, so I don't think I'm that lucky. You never know though, hope springs eternal! I know most wavies get wavier with length, but I just think my individual hairs aren't thick enough to maintain waves with ever-increasing length.

1c, and have to ask. It that your natural color ? how did you get it, if not ? It looks great :)

Thank you Bianca! It is my natural color, with the tiniest bit of extra red from a very light on henna henna/cassia blend back in February! I'm actually not sure if any of that color is left now. I do know that Ion's sample strand of what their hair color "dark golden blonde" will look like is almost the exact same shade as my hair, minus the occasional red hairs that are spread throughout. ;)

I vote 2a.
I was voted a 1c/2a back in the day, and you're wavier than me.

Thank you Tornerose!

I also vote 2a, it's too wavy for 1c, you're definitely not a straightie :)

Thank you Phalaeonopsis!

I'd say 1C too and it is a gorgeous colour.

Thank you so much, jackiesjottings!

Thanks again to everyone who has commented.

frogette
April 22nd, 2010, 03:11 AM
My hair has a very similar texture when clarified and uncombed while drying, and I consider myself "1c bordering on 2a". I just wish it looked as soft and shiny as yours!