PDA

View Full Version : How to do "curly girl" method if you work in the a.m.?

Canarygirl
April 16th, 2010, 10:07 AM
I don't understand how people manage, washing, plopping, scrunching with product, and air-drying, when they have to be at work and presentable by 8:00 in the morning. :confused:

My hair looks dry/frizzy when I don't do the CG method, but when I do, my hair is a horrid mess of wet/damp clumps until approximately 11:00 am when it's dry enough to "scrunch out the crunch." However do y'all do it? I've also tried doing everything at night before I go to bed, but then the hair's a nightmare to deal with in the morning. There seems to be no solution....

Capybara
April 16th, 2010, 10:09 AM
I'm not a curly, but I am wondering if it would be possible for you to wash in the evening and still follow the CG method? That way, it would be dry in the morning :)

Heidi_234
April 16th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Not exactly the most successful CGer of the bunch, but when I want to wash and plop I usually do the washing the evening before and the plopping overnight. The little product that I use (aloe vera gel and coconut oil) I apply before plopping and usually I don't touch my hair in the morning.

BattahZ
April 16th, 2010, 10:21 AM
Ditto plopping overnight, that's what I do. There's no time for my hair to dry before bed if I wash it in the evening, and I don't love going to work with sopping wet hair. When I plop overnight, by the time I get to work it's mostly dry.

Neddy
April 16th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Wash hair at night, apply products to wet hair, plop for maybe an hour, then let it dry overnight fanned out on my pillow. Don't touch it in the morning, and my hair always looks fine.

LoveMyMutt
April 16th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Wash & apply products at night, plop for a while (my hair gets wonky if I plop more than 15-20 minutes), then by the time I got to bed it's usually in the hard-crunchy stage. Put it up in a "pineapple" (pony tail w/ cloth scrunchie on top your head) and in the morning it's dry and de-crunched.

I can usually get 2nd day hair by spritzing w/ water & re-scrunching (doesn't take as long to dry as if it was fully wet). 3rd day I usually wear it up because it's puffy & frizzy by then.

masa_inn
April 16th, 2010, 01:47 PM
Either wake up really early; or wash and dry at night; then pineapple, sleep in a silk bonnet and scrunch out in the morning.

pelicano
April 16th, 2010, 02:52 PM
I've got exactly the same problem. My 2nd day hair involves lots of frizz rather than curls, but it takes hours to air dry.

PhillyGirl1978@
April 16th, 2010, 05:30 PM
I do it at night...sleep in pigtail braids...and I'm ready to go in the morning.

Canarygirl
April 19th, 2010, 01:21 PM
OK, I obviously need to try this again, doing it the night before. I will try doing a pineapple thing as I haven't tried that one before. I will report back! :)

spidermom
April 19th, 2010, 01:33 PM
If you wash the night before and your hair looks all wonky in the morning, perhaps you can mist it or run a wet comb, fingers, or brush through it to get it presentable again. I used to do that when I had to be in an office looking professional. Now I work from home, so no more worries.

GlassEyes
April 19th, 2010, 04:40 PM
I uh...get up early. :lol:

Though, honestly, I walk out of the house with damp/and or wet hair all the time, and it dries sometime around midday. If I have to go do something professional, my hair is -not- down anyway, so it hasn't really been a concern.