PDA

View Full Version : Summer Growth Expectations

WelshLocks
April 15th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Hey everybody!
It's been a while since I've been active; real life has gotten in the way, once again. I've heard and read several times that hair grows faster in the summer. I was wondering what everyone was expecting out of growth over the summer.

So from now(April) until August where do you expect to be,length-wise?

I'll start:
Current: Mid Back(4 inches from waist)
by August: Brushing waist-waist

That's about a 3 inch difference.

Ready?Set.Go!

Liss
April 15th, 2010, 03:56 PM
I have no idea to be honest. I'm 5" from waist, so I'm pretty positive I won't be there. I've been really keen to grow until waist and then maintain the health, but have started splitting and white dotting like crazy. So instead I'm doing major S&D's and microtrims and trying to get the moisture levels back up. I hope it grows a bit, but as long as it doesn't break off shorter, then I will be happy.

bluesnowflake
April 15th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Well, I'm being forced to have it trimmed in June, and I'm currently brushing waist ( 30"). I'm hoping to have it at 32" or 33"

FrannyG
April 15th, 2010, 03:59 PM
I should definitely be at bottom of BSL by the end of the summer!!! :)

spidermom
April 15th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Who knows? I've learned to expect nothing; that way, I'm never disappointed.

marikamt
April 15th, 2010, 04:07 PM
My hair grew like CRAZY from when I joined at the end of July until about October (about an inch per month)...... this winter, it has grown much slower (probably somewhere between 1/4-1/2 inch per month)
I am just hitting waist (longest bits are there) so I am hoping to be hip by the end of summer........

CelinaStarr
April 15th, 2010, 04:23 PM
Right now I'm hip to tailbone length. My hair grows in a "u" shape. By the end of this summer, I'd like to be classic length if possible.

lindenblossom
April 15th, 2010, 04:47 PM
I hope to be at waist again, or longer, by the end of the summer. We will see! :)

Carolyn
April 15th, 2010, 04:52 PM
I'm like Spidermom. I don't expect anything. It makes for less disappointments. If I get something then I'm pleasantly surprised. My hair has never grown more than 1/2" per month. Summer, fall, winter, spring. Half inch. So if I don't trim it I'll be at 35" at the end of August which would be almost hip length. If I trim it then I won't be there :shrug:

Kristin
April 15th, 2010, 05:27 PM
I'm at about 28.5" now and was hoping to be at waist (30") by mid-summer. After looking at the seemingly GREAT distance between my ends and waist, I measured again and waist is now apparently 31". So I may or may not be at waist by the end of summer.

Part of me is getting quite tired of obsessing. Right now, I'll be happy so long as it doesn't all fall out.:)

Anisaa
April 15th, 2010, 05:57 PM
I have not measured but I HOPE by the end of summer I will at elbow length :DI am about 5 fingers away from it!

Fractalsofhair
April 15th, 2010, 05:58 PM
APL at least, since my hair is brushing my shoulders in the back. (And in the front, it's chin. Gotta love old dye damage that apparently still hasn't grown out!)

Quixii
April 15th, 2010, 06:00 PM
I really have no idea. Right now the very longest bit it as classic pulled out; I hope to have more bits at classic. Maybe half-way there when dry? I haven't really paid attention to how many inches or pace or whatever, though.

XJawbreaker
April 15th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Hopefully I'll be close to waist a the end of the summer!

x0h_bother
April 15th, 2010, 07:06 PM
I'm so jealous of you all..
realistic goal for aug: top of BSL; dream goal: bottom of BSL :o)

kelly-j
April 16th, 2010, 01:01 AM
If my hair decides to make a spurt during the summer, I hope to gain 0.8 inches every month.
So in August I´ll hope to me at 30 inches.

Loreley
April 16th, 2010, 01:38 AM
I think I'll be at 45" by the end of this month, so it'll be 5 inches to go to my final goal length. 4 months till the end of summer. It'd be very very good if I reached 48" by then. I started taking a hair vitamin yesterday. I hope it will help.
My hair grows 0.4 inch/month in winter time. I grows faster in summer. Last month it grew 0.8 inch. :D

EtherealOde
April 16th, 2010, 02:33 AM
I was wondering about how long my hair would be, but to be honest I have no idea. My hair grows in wierd spurts, may only be 1/2 inch one month and an inch and a half the next! If I don't need another trim maybe 28 inches? Hard to tell. :(

The one thing I do know is since joining the LHC my hair has grown quite a bit, in spite of frequent trims to remove old damage from bleaching and flat irons. Hopefully it will all be undamaged hair in another couple of years. That is what I am really looking forward to, rather than what growth I might get over the summer.

Monsterkitti
April 16th, 2010, 02:37 AM
Im hoping for a growth spurt during the summer but as Im starting to maintain till its all at waist from June Im not expecting much growth wise. Maybe the start of a nicer hemline :)

Purdy Bear
April 16th, 2010, 02:44 AM
Id love to get my hair to grow to about an inch. I intend to carry on doing the hair trials, adding Biotin, Proteins, Iron supplements etc, infact doing anything to help my hair grow.

The progress so far since joiningg LHC this march - I have hair growth for the first time in about 6 years and even hair in alopecia scared areas! YIPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jackiesjottings
April 16th, 2010, 03:46 AM
Mine grows more slowly in summer for some odd bizarre reason :(( So at the most a couple of inches (I am currently at 35). Boo hoo

Dreams_in_Pink
April 16th, 2010, 04:05 AM
I really hope for non-stretched APL by the end of august (it'd be hella awesome if i reached that by the end of May :D )

Sunny_side_up
April 16th, 2010, 04:26 AM
Hoping for some good spring/summer growth! Last year managed an inch a month over the warmest months, but the ends werent as healthy as i liked so damaged got removed come autumn time. We shall see what rates of growth this year brings. Last year i was regularly getting mum to trim it to rid my hair of the remaining last part of razored bob. When i say half an inch she does exactly that:love:
Happy growing

julliams
April 16th, 2010, 06:30 AM
Purdy - that's fantastic - you must be thrilled!!

Maddy25
April 16th, 2010, 06:45 AM
I'm not doing this mathematically at all, but I'm at a pixie now and I hope to be at my chin :D

Mrs Sgardelis
April 16th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Hoping for APL by end of september, that's about 4.5 inches for me, fingers crossed bring on the sunshine!

Ravenne
April 16th, 2010, 08:53 AM
I'm shooting for BSL. Seems like a reasonable goal, I guess. :)

adiapalic
April 16th, 2010, 09:22 AM
I hope to be at my 45" goal. :bluebiggr

BelleBot
April 16th, 2010, 09:26 AM
My hair seems to have a growth spurt in the summer months, so I'm hoping I'll be close to 40". But a more realistic estimation is 38", so half an inch a month. But we'll have to see, mind you I'm hennaing again and last time I henna'd (2008) it seemed to give my growth a boost. :)

redneckprincess
April 16th, 2010, 09:34 AM
Im hoping to be BSL or full APL with a thicker hemline and less layers....havent decided if I want to trim again just yet or wait a bit longer.....

eiwonob
April 16th, 2010, 09:45 AM
Here in south hemisphere the summer is over; and omg what summer we had! Too hot, typical tropical hot weather, in fact, it's still pretty hot. Well, during the most critical month of hot weather, my hair grew almost 2 in! I dunno if it happened due to scalp massages or weather, anyway, I was very impressed with the new growth. :cheese:

sarah061
April 16th, 2010, 09:47 AM
I'm hoping to be at the bottom of bsl by the time summer's over. I haven't ever measured on a regular basis so I'm not sure how fast my hair grows, but I'm only about 3 inches away from bsl so I'm hoping I'll get there soon :)

rags
April 16th, 2010, 09:51 AM
I'm hoping to be at BSL by the end of summer; perhaps even the bottom of it. I hate measuring, but DH says I'm only a couple of inches away, so it should be doable!

Purdy Bear - that's fantastic!

LunarAurora
April 17th, 2010, 07:52 AM
I'm hoping to be mid-butt (only if i don't trim of course).

metalgypsy85
April 17th, 2010, 09:30 AM
I hope I can fit all my layers into a ponytail by September.

JenniferNoel
April 17th, 2010, 10:57 AM
By late September, I should be just above waist... :cool:

Purdy Bear
April 17th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Rags and Julliams, Yeh bet I am. Im still a little cautious as it can go backwards very quickly with Alopecia, but all my paws are crossed the its starting grow back.

Capybara
April 17th, 2010, 02:34 PM
I'd like to make it to a solid tailbone, but I guess I'll have to wait and see :)

jera
April 17th, 2010, 02:48 PM
I'm hoping to be mid-butt (only if i don't trim of course).

This is my projection as well. By Halloween I hope to be sitting on my hair for the first time in my life !

:cheese:

IcarusBride
April 17th, 2010, 03:10 PM
This is my first summer as a LHC member, and my first summer measuring my hair every month! So I don't know if my hair usually grows faster during the summer or not, I never really paid attention before.
My goal is to be at waist-length (about 4 inches away) by the time I start school in September (I'm transferring to a different University). I'm at the bottom of BSL now, so I hope it can happen! If not, I'll get there eventually...

Bellona
April 17th, 2010, 04:08 PM
I want all my shorter layers to be past shoulder, which should put my longest layers solidly at or beyond BSL.

lesbia
April 18th, 2010, 06:36 AM
I'm around 65 cm now, a little past BSL, I think it could be called middle-back. I wish in september I could reach 70 cm that for me are at waist :)

curlylocks85
April 18th, 2010, 02:51 PM
I hope to be at APL curly. Here's hoping.

PrincessTieflin
April 18th, 2010, 03:42 PM
curlylocks85-- I am so with you... I am currently at APL soaking wet. I have ubers of shrinkage. about 3 inches worth... because of my curls... Love my curls hate the shrink!

*crosses fingers*

Hers hoping a good growth spurt for you!

curlylocks85
April 18th, 2010, 04:05 PM
curlylocks85-- I am so with you... I am currently at APL soaking wet. I have ubers of shrinkage. about 3 inches worth... because of my curls... Love my curls hate the shrink!

*crosses fingers*

Hers hoping a good growth spurt for you!

Same here; soaking wet I am definately at APL. I get about 3" of shrinkage as well. I bet both of us will be where we want to be by the end of summer. :)

Debra83
April 18th, 2010, 04:11 PM
I really, really, really hope that I have lots of growth in the summer. I would like to be past BSL which is proving to be very elusive to me. I don't think I'm getting mechanical breakage, I think my growth stalled out a little the last few months. It is very, very, very frustrating.

nuxa
April 18th, 2010, 04:21 PM
I'm dreaming about getting close to BSL (stretched)... but I'm also trying not to think too much about it and hope for my hair to surprise me :)

Safira
April 18th, 2010, 09:54 PM
I´m waiting to have 5-6 cm growing. (Is that 2 inches or 3?)

I´m waiting for summer, warmth, swimming, butterflies.. And now I have to ask, how do you protect your hair during the summer?

freckles
April 19th, 2010, 03:12 AM
I don't know if my hair grows faster in the summer or not, but I hope to hit waist sometime this summer, that would be amazing. I think I'm about 2 inches away.

Sammich
April 19th, 2010, 03:48 AM
Hmm.
Current: Ends touching waist.
After summer, August: Hopefully lower waist, 1 or 2 inches before touching hips.

AbruptlyWanderi
April 19th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Hopefully waist! Perhaps even hip, as waist is only 29/30-ish on me, and hip isn't that far away!

Arctic
April 21st, 2010, 03:20 AM
I have no idea. My canopy hairs have had very little growth for a long time, while other hairs seem to be growing really well. I just trimmed yesterday, also my layers. The hair at the back is at APL. The hem is deep U shaped, and the front is little longer than shoulder. Then there is bangs that are chin/neck length, and then layers... My next trim will be in July. By the end of the summer I hope the longest hairs would be upper BSL but probably covering shoulder blades is more realistic. I also hope the canopy would start to grow faster.

stinamoo
April 21st, 2010, 10:15 AM
**deleted**

XtinaXposed
April 21st, 2010, 01:08 PM
i hope my hair will thicken up a bit plus a good growth. due to major hair loss last year i really have to catch up.