PDA

View Full Version : How to cut long hair?

Fairlight63
April 15th, 2010, 10:37 AM
I was wondering which way is the best way to cut waist length hair? the way that I cut it now is I part it behind my ears & cut about 1/4" off, then part it down the center back & bring the right side over my shoulder & comb real good & cut it 1/4", then repeat on the other side.

So I was wondering now that my hair is getting longer pushing waist length in a few months will I still be able to cut it the same way, or will doing it that way give me a wonky cut?

What have you found to be the best way to cut it yourself?

FrannyG
April 15th, 2010, 10:52 AM
Many people here, including my self use Feye's Self-Trim (http://community.livejournal.com/feyeselftrim/) method. You can cut your hair straight-across, make a u-shape or make a v-shape, depending on what you want.

It very easy, and the instructions are very good.

Carolyn
April 15th, 2010, 02:25 PM
I have good luck with Feye's method too. I like it because I can take a teeny tiny bit off. I'm in control. Lately I've been having a friend trim it but I've been doing larger trims to get rid of layers and odd damage.

Pixna
April 15th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Here's another advocate of Feye's self-trim method! I've been using it for many years (with my hair at various lengths). It's easy to adapt it to whatever length hair you have.

spidermom
April 15th, 2010, 02:57 PM
I didn't have any success with self-trimming, but I have a terrific hair stylist.

fairytalegirl
June 5th, 2010, 08:10 AM
I'm glad I found this. I am planning my next trim in September and will definately be trying this method. I really like the idea of being in control of the trim. Thanks for posting!

jane53
June 5th, 2010, 08:11 AM
I didn't have any success with self-trimming, but I have a terrific hair stylist.

You and me both, spidermom!