PDA

View Full Version : Twistie help!!!!

atlantaz3
April 15th, 2010, 07:03 AM
Okay what am I doing wrong!? When I twist my hair and then tie it off all it does is untwist. How to I clamp the end so it stays twisted?

:confused:(Can you tell I'm getting a little frustrated with this? I was trying a rope braid I think last night, twist two sections and then wrap around each other. All it did once I had the rubber band around the tassell was untwist.)

Svenja
April 15th, 2010, 07:06 AM
Thats how I do it:

1. Make a ponytail
2. Part the ponytail into two strains and twist them clock-wise.
3. Now cross the right strain over the left one until you reach the end of the hair.

Keep in mind you must keep on twisting the two strains until the whole twist tail is done.

Did that help?

countryhopper
April 15th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Yes, I've had that problem, too!

You must twist both strands in the same direction and then twist them together in the opposite direction.

I always repeat to myself while twisting the individual strands, "right, right" then when crossing them over each other, "left, left".

Note: talking to one's hair while styling is another proof of being a longhair... :D

chopandchange
April 15th, 2010, 08:03 AM
If it untwists, it means you are twisting the two sections in opposite directions. Make sure you twist them both in the same direction. The direction you choose is irrelevant, as long as it's consistent.

So, you either:

Twist both sections to the right, and then wrap them around each other towards the left,

OR

Twist both sections to the left, and then wrap them towards the right.

Just pick one, and do it! It will work! I promise! :)

ETA: Oops, countryhopper got there before me and pretty much said the same thing I did! LOL

Joette
April 15th, 2010, 08:22 AM
Even when you do it properly, twisting both strands in the same direction and then around each other in the opposite direction, you will get a little bit of untwist once you tie off the end. If you're doing something more with it than just the rope braid (like a bun), just twist it up again before you secure the ends to get that really solid rope look.

Marjolein
April 15th, 2010, 08:47 AM
If you're a visual learner like me, you could try this link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImcPuruQMAw&annotation_id=annotation_25485&feature=iv

A rope braid tutorial by the ever wonderful Torrin Paige.