PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else find the Hypno Bun works best on dirty hair?

Stevy
April 15th, 2010, 05:01 AM
I've been playing around with bun styles from Hypnotica's wonderful tutorials on Youtube, and I noticed something weird - whilst all the other wrapped styles I've tried work best on clean hair, the Hypno Bun (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=22394) only seems to work for me on dirty hair. If my hair's a bit greasy, it works like a charm and holds like a rock, but if my hair's newly washed the Hypno Bun just flops around into strange shapes and won't hold.

It's great to have an intricate-looking bun style for when my hair's dirty - it makes a change from the usual pinless braided bun or Dutch braid pinned up with a flexi-8 - but I have to admit I'm puzzled by the physics of it! Anyone else have a similar experience?

BelleBot
April 15th, 2010, 05:41 AM
I've never had this problem, as long I keep it fairly tight it always works and holds secure. I find if my hair is oily/dirty/greasy then it's easy to make it too tight and then I break sticks. :p The hypno bun is fast becoming one of my favourite styles.

Stevy
April 15th, 2010, 06:21 AM
I've never had this problem, as long I keep it fairly tight it always works and holds secure. I find if my hair is oily/dirty/greasy then it's easy to make it too tight and then I break sticks. :p The hypno bun is fast becoming one of my favourite styles.

I find it comes out too tight if my hair's clean, because I have to fight its tendency to just flop open and end up twisting too hard! It's weird that our hair should behave so differently, because it looks from the classification as if my hair's reasonably similar to yours. :)