PDA

View Full Version : Can I call this waist?

janedoe0
April 14th, 2010, 08:10 PM
I haven't been paying attention to my hair growth of late, but yesterday I decided to take a picture of my back, and was surprised to see how long it was! Can I call this waist? :p

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=4620&pictureid=69476

If this is waist I will have to rethink my hair goals, it doesn't seem long at all!

Kristin
April 14th, 2010, 08:14 PM
Looks like it! Congratulations!!:cheese:

GoddesJourney
April 14th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Looks like waist to me.

KBG
April 14th, 2010, 08:30 PM
Seems waist with slight layers as opposed to waist blunt?

Is it there! Congratulations!

pinchbeck
April 14th, 2010, 08:33 PM
I think you're on your way and a couple more inches are needed (I am sure everyone will disagree with me because they usually do!). lol

I am one of the black sheep on TLHC and there are not many.

spidermom
April 14th, 2010, 09:10 PM
I think the ends of the very longest hairs are at waist length.

Yozhik
April 14th, 2010, 09:26 PM
What beautiful hair! I think it'd be easier to tell in the photo if you placed one of your hands at your waist, but I'd say either you're pretty darn close, or that you've made it! :flower:

hydrangea
April 14th, 2010, 09:34 PM
I think so! Congratulations on making your goal! ;)

Oskimosa
April 14th, 2010, 10:58 PM
In the picture, it looks like the smallest part of your torso, your natural waist, is an inch or two above your hemline. Your hips are where your jeans rest. But your hand isn't on your hip, and that's usually the most surefire way to tell.

janedoe0
April 15th, 2010, 12:11 AM
Thanks everybody! It looks like I still have a little ways to go. Not a bad thing, I almost felt disappointed that I was "done".

kelly-j
April 15th, 2010, 01:21 AM
Your longest layers have certainly reached waist. Congratulations :flower:
Lovely hair BTW.

Purdy Bear
April 15th, 2010, 06:46 AM
In the picture, it looks like the smallest part of your torso, your natural waist, is an inch or two above your hemline. .

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I did see one of the members put a measuring tape around her waist, and then take the picture, so she could see the waist easily.

Congratulations, are you going for TBL now?

FrannyG
April 15th, 2010, 06:55 AM
At first glance, it didn't look quite like waist to me, but looking at you waistline, you're definitely just below waist. Woohoo!!! :happydance:

Heavenly Locks
April 15th, 2010, 06:56 AM
I think the ends of the very longest hairs are at waist length.

Yup :) I agree with SM

adiapalic
April 15th, 2010, 07:05 AM
It's hard to tell from the angle--but from the looks of it, you have a high waist, and your hair is there! :) :flower:

Unzadi
April 15th, 2010, 07:23 AM
Looks like mine, with the very longest tippity tips at waist, so I say yes to waist. Congratulations on your beautiful waist -legnth hair.

Arniky
April 15th, 2010, 07:52 AM
Hi
nice it seems to be waist length, guess it can go longer just have to wait a bit

Loreley
April 15th, 2010, 08:01 AM
I think you are at waist. Congrats! :cheer:

myrrhmaiden
April 15th, 2010, 08:21 AM
I'd call that the "beginning of waist*! :D

JenniferNoel
April 15th, 2010, 09:27 AM
It's waist length. End of story. :hifive:

Juliannaissance
April 15th, 2010, 09:46 AM
I think you're on your way and a couple more inches are needed (I am sure everyone will disagree with me because they usually do!). lol

I am one of the black sheep on TLHC and there are not many.I'm going to agree with pinchbeck because it does look like you need 1 or 2 more inches to waist. You're almost there! :D

elina333
April 15th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Yep I'd say thats definitely waist! Almost hip ;) Whats your next goal? TBL, classic?

EtherealOde
April 15th, 2010, 03:08 PM
I think it is waist too, maybe you feel it is short because of the layers? I think it would look lovely at tailbone, though you may end up wanting it longer. :)

Very pretty and shiny hair too, you take good care of it and it shows.

janedoe0
April 16th, 2010, 08:38 AM
Thanks everybody for the nice comments! My internet was done for a little bit, so sorry that it took so long.

I guess it does feel short partly because of the layers and partly because it's still not "well into waist", so I guess I still have some growing to do. I love the way tailbone or hip length hair looks, but I'm not sure I could deal with the high maintenance it requires. I don't like the way I look in updos, so I'm not sure my hair would even be able to reach that length without becoming damaged.