PDA

View Full Version : I trimmed :( I'm sad

xladolcevitax
April 14th, 2010, 10:25 AM
So I trimmed an inch off my BSL hair.. which was not absolutely necessary. My ends were in ok condition. I feel so sad now and it feels so short :( It feels like so much more than an inch.

I had planned on not trimming til I reached my goal of waist... but the thin, uneven ends were annoying me.

At least im still BSL, just the top of BSL instead of the bottom now.. and my layers are now closer to being grown out :) so its not all bad. I guess i'll get over it in a week or 2.

I now TRULY vow to NOT TRIM UNTIL I REACH WAIST!!! no matter HOW tempted I am.
Which I hope I can reach in a year, maybe a bit longer...

FrannyG
April 14th, 2010, 10:27 AM
While I feel your pain, that inch will be back before you know it. :) In the meantime, you have some nice, fresh ends. Just relax and enjoy the ride. :blossom:

cmnt831
April 14th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Aw, I'm trying to hold out until I reach waist, too. But I'm not loving the way the ends look at this point and keep contemplating trimming now. Just reading your post has encouraged me to stick it out a little longer. I'll just try to ignore how they look for the time being.

Hopefully, your hair will grow quickly and you'll get your inch back very soon - with those nice new ends in place already. :flower:

chopandchange
April 14th, 2010, 11:15 AM
Aww, poor you. Don't worry. An inch only takes about two months to grow back. It's not that long. :)

XJawbreaker
April 14th, 2010, 11:20 AM
It'll grow back soon. I've actually been thinking about taking off an inch next time I'm due for my biannual trim in July. I'm just at the bottom of BSL now. Hopefully by July I'd have grown a few more inches!

xladolcevitax
April 14th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Aw, I'm trying to hold out until I reach waist, too. But I'm not loving the way the ends look at this point and keep contemplating trimming now. Just reading your post has encouraged me to stick it out a little longer. I'll just try to ignore how they look for the time being.

Hopefully, your hair will grow quickly and you'll get your inch back very soon - with those nice new ends in place already. :flower:

Yeah I hope my hair grows back fast.. I wish I had just dusted a quarter of an inch off the ends myself instead of having someone else cut it they always cut too much :(

Your ends look lovely in the pic by the way! I think it's dangerous to think about our ends too much, probably best to wear hair up for a while and forget about the ends, though I dont really like wearing my hair up so thats not really an option for me.. no matter how much I try to like it being up I just much prefer having it down and swinging free!

Happy growing xx

Maddy25
April 14th, 2010, 12:08 PM
aw don't worry :) You'll get that inch back in no time at all and the ends will look even better!

Pallas
April 14th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Awww. Luckily it wasn't a major chop. And as you said, your layers are more even :)

I'm sure your hir will be waist length before you know it ;)

cmnt831
April 14th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Yeah I hope my hair grows back fast.. I wish I had just dusted a quarter of an inch off the ends myself instead of having someone else cut it they always cut too much :(

Your ends look lovely in the pic by the way! I think it's dangerous to think about our ends too much, probably best to wear hair up for a while and forget about the ends, though I dont really like wearing my hair up so thats not really an option for me.. no matter how much I try to like it being up I just much prefer having it down and swinging free!

Happy growing xx

Aw, thanks! But there's a reason I'm wearing a dark shirt. ;) The ends are rather more see-through than I like.... Plus, I've recently discovered that I'd been damaging my ends by wearing buns, due to all the extra handling. I was trying to protect the ends, but I guess they're more fragile than I thought and I wound up with more splits than just wearing my hair loose. So, I'm French braiding and tying the ends off with a no-damage elastic. Ugh, I hope it helps this time and not makes the ends worse.

I think I'll probably trim my own ends at some point (waist, hopefully) if I can figure out how to get it even with all the curls. :p Heh, and just try not to think about them in the meantime.

I never before realized all the effort that goes into having and maintaining nice hair. :rolleyes:

lesbia
April 14th, 2010, 12:36 PM
I also had my last cut (11 mounths ago, when I was at APL) and now I'm waiting I reach my goal (tailbone). I feel sad when I cut my hair, so I decided to don't cut them again...I think it is the faster way to reach a goal.

I wish we could grow out our F i/ii hair with pretty ends (not too thin!) :)

ASillyKitty
April 14th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Don't be sad, sometimes you just need a fresh start. Now you have nice clean ends to take care of until you reach your goal! I'm sure you will be there in no time. :D

xladolcevitax
April 14th, 2010, 01:06 PM
I also had my last cut (11 mounths ago, when I was at APL) and now I'm waiting I reach my goal (tailbone). I feel sad when I cut my hair, so I decided to don't cut them again...I think it is the faster way to reach a goal.

I wish we could grow out our F i/ii hair with pretty ends (not too thin!) :)

Oh how I wish we could have pretty ends too... im just going to have to learn to love fairytale ends while it grows, and stop getting obsessed about them too! :)

PhillyGirl26
April 14th, 2010, 01:07 PM
It will be ok. Pretty soon it will be back to its old length. :)

xladolcevitax
April 14th, 2010, 01:08 PM
Don't be sad, sometimes you just need a fresh start. Now you have nice clean ends to take care of until you reach your goal! I'm sure you will be there in no time. :D

Thanks, youre right - im trying to see this as a fresh start. feeling much better now thanks to everyone's kind words :)

spidermom
April 14th, 2010, 01:13 PM
May you be blessed with a growth spurt!

julliams
April 15th, 2010, 07:37 AM
I'm so with you - I did the same thing and it really feels like alot has gone doesn't it! I'm annoyed that my ends were feeling so soft after the trim and now a couple of weeks later they feel just as velcroey as they did before I trimmed. Bummer.

Loreley
April 15th, 2010, 07:51 AM
I always do the same. I love trimming my hair and I cut too much every time. I promised myself I won't trim more than 1 cm/a trim. I've been able to keep that so far. :)

SimplyViki
April 15th, 2010, 08:15 AM
I trim an inch off every two months. I love freshly trimmed ends. :inlove:

I hope you can enjoy your new fresh ends, and not dwell too much on the loss of length.

xladolcevitax
April 15th, 2010, 11:53 AM
I'm so with you - I did the same thing and it really feels like alot has gone doesn't it! I'm annoyed that my ends were feeling so soft after the trim and now a couple of weeks later they feel just as velcroey as they did before I trimmed. Bummer.

Yeah it does feel like so much more than an inch.. I didnt want that much off, about 1/2 an inch at the most but my friend (who is a hairdresser) cut off an inch.. i thought even an inch wouldnt make that much difference but it does! I just feel like im getting nowhere, and my hair has been stuck at around this length for such a long time (feels like a year?! have had 2 trims in the last year..)

Definately no more trims for me now until i reach waist. Its just too distressing/frustrating losing length! I just have to accept that my ends will always be thin and fine!

xladolcevitax
April 15th, 2010, 11:55 AM
I trim an inch off every two months. I love freshly trimmed ends. :inlove:

I hope you can enjoy your new fresh ends, and not dwell too much on the loss of length.

Wow you much have lovely ends and you must be so so patient. How long did it take for you to go from APL to waist?

SimplyViki
April 15th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Wow you much have lovely ends and you must be so so patient. How long did it take for you to go from APL to waist?
Thanks. :) Well, I started looking through the internet for hair care ideas when I was already waist length, so I'm not really sure how long it was, since I wasn't really paying much attention to how long it took to grow, and I didn't use the standard measures we use here, like APL, BSL, etc.

What I do know is that it was chin length in 2005, and it was below BSL by 2008, so all I can tell you for sure is that it took less than five years, but more than two years. :shrug: LOL sorry I can't be more specific.

I think the main thing is just to take good care of your hair, enjoy it at whatever length it's at, and don't fret as it grows at its own pace.

ETA: Ah! I see why you asked about APL, I had forgotten I had that as my starting length. That's about the length I was, as near as I can remember, when I made the decision to let my hair grow back out. :shrug: I still wasn't paying much attention to where it was and how long it was taking, though.

spidermom
April 15th, 2010, 12:25 PM
I've trimmed regularly as I grow, too. I think it's easier to keep thick ends than to get them once you get to goal. I've seen a lot of people over the years not trim and get to goal length with the fastest growing 20-50 hairs, then they'd have to get 4 or more inches cut off to thicken the ends. Even though it's just a few longest hairs, people can really feel the loss in length when they cut back as much as 4 inches.

jera
April 15th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Aw, I know how you feel. I've been there myself. We all have.

Luckily it was only two months growth and will be back before you know it. :) Plus your hemline will be thicker, healthier and more beautiful. :D

bluesnowflake
April 15th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Oh, I feel your pain. Whenever I get it trimmed, it feels so short! The length will be back soon, plus it's nice to have healthy ends. Even the longest hair can look awful if your ends aren't healthy.

SophieSpector
April 15th, 2010, 04:13 PM
I'm there with you, I'm at bsl trying to hold of till waist to get a trim ( a year ), its been 6 months since my last. Its super annoying, makes me feel like my hair looks better up than down at the moment.

You know its for the best, you're a lot stronger than me for getting the trim