PDA

View Full Version : Hair Styles

PineappleJello
April 13th, 2010, 10:47 PM
I have to go to a wedding in two weeks. I'm wearing a knee length strapless dress, it has a collar. So I'm planning on wearing my hair down, but I' not sure how to curl it without heat. Any suggestions?

Sorry if this is the wrong area to post this.

countryhopper
April 13th, 2010, 10:55 PM
I always sleep in sock curls; they make bouncy ringlets. I use knee socks, just fold in half horizontally, rolll up hair as if it were in a curling iron, feed the toe and top ends of the sock through the loop made in the fold of the sock and pull through to make a slip knot kind of thing. I use 4 knee socks on my head, and this works really well for me.

You can also use socks to make S waves: take a knee sock, drap it over a lock of hair, and braid (one section will be hair and the other 2 are socks). Sorry if that sounds confusing; there's an article about it on the top of the page under hair styling articles.

MotherConfessor
April 13th, 2010, 11:32 PM
How long is your hair? If its shortish (midback or shorter) you can use curlformers which work quite nicely. Rag curls are also classic choice. And of course there are always old school curlers.

HintOfMint
April 14th, 2010, 01:23 AM
Just curious, how does a strapless dress have a collar?:confused:

Lassie
April 14th, 2010, 02:56 AM
CURLFORMERS!!!!!!!! (See my post in products section..im very excited by about them)

Rag curlers or pin curls might give you the effect you want...

PineappleJello
April 14th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Oh dear, I meant sleeveless. My hair is waist (waiting a month before I can confidently say it's waist length). My hair doesn't hold curl very long either.

Khiwanean
April 14th, 2010, 08:42 AM
Here's a link to an article on how to make waves without a curling iron: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=82 Otherwise, you could look up pin curls or rag curls. Also, certain rag curling techniques can give you ringlets.

Johanna
April 14th, 2010, 08:09 PM
I used to make tiny buns all over my head the night before and sleep in it. They worked really well, but they could be a little uncomfy to sleep in.

countryhopper
April 14th, 2010, 11:38 PM
My hair doesn't hold curl very long either.

I'd try out some of these options several days before the wedding to see how long these curls hold for you. That way, if they fall too fast you have time to work up a back up plan.