PDA

View Full Version : Hair color & leg hair

Anje
May 5th, 2008, 06:16 PM
As long as we're asking fun questions about leg hair, and since the correlation between thicknesses doesn't seem very strong, I'm asking one about color. Guys, I'm giving you your own option to vote because I don't want your hormones skewing things. Sorry.

I don't have zillions of options, so I'm splitting hair colors light and dark. Use your judgement.

Light:
Blonds
Redheads
Light auburn

Dark:
Dark auburn
Brunettes
Raven-hair

cuddledumplin
May 5th, 2008, 06:58 PM
My hair is dark and my leg hairs are mostly light, but I do find an occasional dark one in there.

lirael
May 5th, 2008, 07:02 PM
My head hair and leg hair are dark and fine-medium. I wish it wasn't so dark against my pale skin so I wouldn't have to shave so often.

AJoifulNoise
May 5th, 2008, 07:04 PM
My leg hair is darker (black) and courser than my head hair.

OhioLisa
May 5th, 2008, 07:05 PM
My hair is light and fine from head to toe. My leg (and arm) hair is lighter than my head hair. :shrug:

Adrienne
May 5th, 2008, 07:09 PM
My leg hair and my head hair. is black and course.

nastasska
May 5th, 2008, 07:15 PM
My hair is medium brown and I have mostly fine leg hair but they are a mixture of dark and light

mira-chan
May 5th, 2008, 07:20 PM
My head hair and monster leg fur are dark and coarse.

Morag
May 5th, 2008, 08:05 PM
My hair is medium brown (and grey) and fine, and I have no leg hair whatsoever. Very little armpit hair, either.

Probably sheds some light on why there's not all that much hair on my head ...

:shrug:

Blueglass
May 5th, 2008, 08:42 PM
Don't know what to say here, Hair is dark and light. Legs are divided. Upper leg, till a little past knee is platinum as is arm hair. Past knee is dark, and as I age, coarse and brittle.

vindo
May 5th, 2008, 08:55 PM
I am naturally a dark brunette...
My leg hairs are the same color and fine. But some other body hairs like arm are even lighter...:confused:

Nat242
May 5th, 2008, 09:57 PM
I classified my head hair as "light", because (naturally) it's a light ashy brownish auburn. I think. Haven't seen much of it in a while.

My leg hair is dark, coarse, and insulating :p

--Natalie

Jeni
May 5th, 2008, 10:27 PM
My natural head color is dark/med dish water blond, my legs (from knee down) have fine/normal DARK brown, almost black hair. From the knee up the hair is thin, fine and light blond (like my arms)

savi
May 6th, 2008, 12:59 AM
Light and fine hair from top to toe. Including eyebrows, darn..

florenonite
May 6th, 2008, 02:26 AM
I'm blonde (I think. I still haven't quite decided on that one..) and have fine, pale hair on my upper leg (I don't even shave that much) but coarse, dark hair on my lower leg, so I'm not really sure which to pick.

swanns
May 6th, 2008, 02:43 AM
I've dark brown hair, and my leg hair (and all other body hair too really) is so dark and thick it's scary. :shake:

cindy58
May 6th, 2008, 05:20 AM
Now I'm thinking too hard about whether my leg hairs are coarse or fine. Whatever they are, there are too many of them!

Phalaenopsis
May 6th, 2008, 05:39 AM
Light hair, light skin, and very dark, coarse leghair, not the greatest combination :sad

AJoifulNoise
May 6th, 2008, 11:14 AM
Hmm, after more thought and inspection (I rarely look at my leg hairs...) I must add that above my knees the hairs are fine and blonde. You can't really see them at all. But, below the knees they are black and course. Interesting.

saracuda
May 6th, 2008, 11:18 AM
I'm light-light. My leg hairs don't really have to be shaved because you can't see them. I shave anyway, if I'm going somewhere in a dress or if the hairs are super long. Otherwise, I don't pay much attention to them.

If I'm on the phone at my desk, sometimes, I'll cross a leg over the other one, lift my pant leg a little, and pluck the hairs out. Does anybody else do that?

rhubarbarin
May 6th, 2008, 01:07 PM
My hair is bronze/light brown and all my body hair is fine and ashy brown.. though it does turn blonde in the sun.

MadHatter
May 6th, 2008, 03:59 PM
My head hair is on the light side, and my leg hair is coarse and dark.

Valorie
May 6th, 2008, 04:34 PM
I grow barely arm hair at all-almost none, my leg hair is light and not very abundant, but I have dark hair.
Someone in my family said it's genetic but ? I don't know.

Kiraela
May 6th, 2008, 06:36 PM
my leghair's dark, like my head hair, but rather coarse, so they show up very strongly against my quite pale skin.

SarieQ
May 7th, 2008, 12:06 AM
My natural head hair color is red that's turned blond over the years. My body hair has always been thin and blond--however the thin blond hairs are very long and a lot of them! If they were thicker, I'd look pretty furry!

My grandmother had no hair whatsoever in her armpits or on her legs and arms. She had never ever shaved either because women didn't back then. Why oh why couldn't I have gotten those genetics?

yrrebwartsymssi
May 7th, 2008, 07:26 PM
my hair is dark and my leg hair is very fine but dark

psvzum
May 7th, 2008, 08:20 PM
Hair is dark but leg hairs are light/fine above my knee and dark/coarse below my knee.

Shorty89
May 7th, 2008, 08:32 PM
My hair is inbetween light and dark but I picked light because in natural light it is lighter. My leg hair is in general dark and fine below the knee and white blond above that.

truepeacenik
May 7th, 2008, 08:35 PM
bright red, both, medium thickness, both, length genes, both.
thicker vellus hair at ankle.
Here's a twist: my armpit fur is a mix of paler red and the same auburn of my eyebrows.

Angellen
May 8th, 2008, 11:51 PM
Since I've begun waxing they have thinned considerably. Before, though, it was return of The Beast. And they have a (seemingly) freakishly long terminal length. The hairs on my arms would get about 1.5" long, maybe as long as 2". Regardless of color (which was dark, btw), that's some real fur there. I haven't seen terminal length on my legs for maybe 8 years, so I'm not sure how bestial they are naturally.

julya
May 9th, 2008, 12:31 AM
Most of my leg hair is very pale, lighter than my blonde hair. Some of it is fairly coarse, near the ankles.

twilight_faerie
May 9th, 2008, 12:33 AM
Interesting question. My hair's dark and so's all my body hair. Kinda hard to tell how thick my leg hair is, though.

Katze
May 9th, 2008, 01:15 AM
another mixed one here. Head hair is M and med. brown at the nape, super F and translucent at the crown. Leg hair is translucent and fine above the knee, coarser and browner below. I really only ever shave from the knee down.

My eyebrows are also mixed, but getting darker as I get older.

What's interesting is that my BF has similar hair color as me and his beard, leg, and body hair are also a mixture - some blonde, some red, some white, some dark brown. We seem to be some kind of genetic crossroads where the fine, blonde, hairless mixed, long ago, with the coarse, wavy haired, darker people. :D

Amoretti
May 9th, 2008, 05:13 AM
The head on my hair is brunette and fine. My thigh hair is fine and dark and below the knees it's coarse and dark.:rolleyes:

Daoine Sidhe
May 9th, 2008, 11:04 AM
I'm a darkblonde. Is that light or dark?
Anyways, my leg hair is thin and very blonde. You can't see the hairs, but you can feel them. Very handy if you forgot to shave, nobody sees it ;)

florenonite
May 9th, 2008, 11:46 AM
I'm a darkblonde. Is that light or dark?
Anyways, my leg hair is thin and very blonde. You can't see the hairs, but you can feel them. Very handy if you forgot to shave, nobody sees it ;)

Dark blonde is generally classed as fair, I believe.

Islandgrrl
May 9th, 2008, 02:55 PM
Head hair: light. Leg hair: dark.
Head hair: medium/coarse. Leg hair: ridiculously coarse.
Head hair: boat loads of it. Leg hair: sparse.

Go figure.

Isilya
May 10th, 2008, 07:38 AM
My head hair is blonde. As for my leg hair: bottom half of calf = light brownish, fine hair; upper half of calf, knee and upper leg = invisible blonde, fine hairs.

LydiaMarie
May 10th, 2008, 02:27 PM
My hair and my leg hair are the same color .

JamieLeigh
April 9th, 2009, 09:18 AM
Thread Resurrection!!! :cheese:

Dark hair on my head. My leg hairs aren't thick at all, but they are definitely dark and I have to shave twice a week to maintain my appearance. :o

Norai
April 9th, 2009, 09:30 AM
My hair is dark blond/light brown and very fine, but my leg hair is *black* and super coarse. And it grows so fast, such a pain! I wish my head hair grew as fast as my leg hair, lol.

enfys
April 9th, 2009, 09:42 AM
I wish I could swap my head hair for the thick black leg hair I have...

Jules diamond
April 9th, 2009, 10:54 PM
I'm not sure if mine are fine or coarse, but they're definitely dark. As is my hair, it's nearly black.

HotRag
April 10th, 2009, 08:22 AM
I don't know anymore if I am light or dark... Maybe dark? (See sig pic...)

My leg hairs got the same colour and structure as my head hair.

Delilah
April 10th, 2009, 09:22 AM
My leg hair is the same as my head hair- almost black.

Weirdly, my noticeable leg hair only grows in around my ankle... If I don't shave for a month I will have a ring of dark hairs extending up to the sock-line and just tiny invisible hairs above that.
Bonus though- I can go a long time without shaving if I don't take my socks off.

CrystalStar
April 10th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Light brunette head hair which is freakishly thick (about a 7" ponytail circumference) and almost see-through leg hair which is so fine it's almost not there :p

viking_quest
April 10th, 2009, 03:37 PM
Hmm, after more thought and inspection (I rarely look at my leg hairs...) I must add that above my knees the hairs are fine and blonde. You can't really see them at all. But, below the knees they are black and course. Interesting.

This is exactly how my leg hairs are.

WavyGirl
April 11th, 2009, 12:11 PM
LOL, dark hair on my head, dark hair everywhere else. My leg hair is coarse below the knees and much more fine and sparse above them.

dearladydisdain
April 11th, 2009, 12:15 PM
I have dark blonde hair naturally and my leg hair is dark and coarse. It is also thick and grows quickly.

Pretty much I just have very bad luck. :p

RoseRedDead
April 11th, 2009, 12:28 PM
My hair is medium brown, and my leg hair is overall light and fine. It gets darker below the knee, and most dark around the ankles. My hair (both leg and head) grows slowly. I can go for a long time without shaving, and I notice the growth, but to other people my leg hair is not very noticable. My sisters hate me. :p

I chose dark hair hair with fine/light leg hair.

deko
April 11th, 2009, 12:39 PM
I wish my hair would grow as fast and thick as my leg hair ;)

Unnamed
April 11th, 2009, 03:55 PM
Head hair is light (dark blonde). Leg hair is mostly transparent/not noticeable, minus a splotch that's a mix of transparent and ashy light-med blonde stuff on the lower half of my shins.

So light, and light/fine.

flapjack
April 11th, 2009, 04:26 PM
The hair on my head is dark but the hair on my legs and arms ranges from white/translucent on the arms to light brown on the shins. Thigh hair is also invisible. Hair on the head is a combo of F, M and C and very dense. Hair on the arms and thighs is sparse and F. Hair on the shins is sparse and M.

In other words, the rest of my body hasn't caught up to the color change on my head. It still thinks I'm a blonde.

kwaniesiam
April 12th, 2009, 12:53 AM
I'm a medium brown hennaed red, so I voted light hair with fine, dark leg hair. All of my body hair is darker (dark brown, almost black) than my head hair except for my arms.

Ndnlady
April 12th, 2009, 01:39 AM
My hair is dark on my head and my legs, but the hair on my legs is very fine, and still grows in soft, even if I haven't shaved in a while.

noelgirl
April 12th, 2009, 03:45 PM
My head hair is dark, and my leg hair is dark and coarser, but my arm hair is light and very fine.

zen_oven
April 12th, 2009, 06:41 PM
It is sort of odd that leg hair might be a bit different, but I suppose it makes sense. My hair is dark, and my leg hair is very close to the same color, but on the occasions when I've gone feral, it's almost downy. I don't often go without shaving, but that's been my experience.

Nanni
April 13th, 2009, 10:02 AM
My hair on my head is dark and my leg hairs are fine and dark.

losgan
April 13th, 2009, 12:14 PM
My head hair tends toward dark ... but my leg hair is coarse and strawberry blond. It basically doesn't show up unless I'm in the sunlight. My arm/body hair is also very light - but much finer than my leg hair.

The problem is, it grows FAST. I don't mind my head-hair growing fast - but my leg hair and my nails can just slow it down. I'm taking violin lessons and have to trim my nails at least once a week, if not more.

shaybabe8604
April 13th, 2009, 12:18 PM
My hair is dark and my leg hair is very fine and sparse and dark as well. Interesting. I never thought about this

morguebabe
April 13th, 2009, 12:31 PM
My hair is naturally a very light brown(but thick). My hair on my body is dark and thick.

Iylivarae
April 13th, 2009, 12:40 PM
I have black and coarse hairs on my legs and brown hair on my head.

longhairedfairy
April 13th, 2009, 12:44 PM
My hair is kind of dark and fine. My leg hair is fine and light at the top, but medium thickness (I guess) and dark at the bottom.

Mabel Grey
April 13th, 2009, 09:47 PM
I am a blonde (honey shade, with some red) and I have very little hair on my legs, I shave maybe once a month, just to remove dry scaly skin. I always wonder if there is anyone else out there like this.My sister is a (in her own words) Yeti. She has waxing done on her stomach. I am a recessive gene. My father and mother both are native american and germanic in decent. My mom is not too hairy and my father doesn't even have chest hair, the man could never grow facial hair. I know most of you would hate me, but my co-workers think I am odd to have light hair and then the native traits like I do. I also have translucent arm hair. What a fun pole.

Copasetic
April 15th, 2009, 09:13 PM
My head hair is dark, and so is my leg hair, but my leg hair is quite fine, and it grows in patches. I don't have a lot of it.

jojo
April 15th, 2009, 09:35 PM
my hair is dark blond and my leg hair is lighter blond, as are my arm hairs!

eta-my hair has a henna gloss on!

BranwenWolf
April 15th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Head hair is blonde, leg hair is dark brown, thick and yeti-like if I don't do something about it.

And I'm fighting an endless war with chin hairs...

RedStripe
April 16th, 2009, 09:53 AM
The natural color of my hair is dark brown. My leg hair is dark, but somewhat fine and sparse. It also grows slowly -- I can usually get by with only shaving once a week.

jay0
April 16th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Cheese, of course.

dulce-de-leche
April 16th, 2009, 07:37 PM
I have black hair and dark and coarse leg hair.

Carolyn
April 17th, 2009, 04:28 PM
My leg and arm hair is coarse and dark. I'm a light/medium blonde. The dark hair sucks. I shave it all off. I hate it.

leahrachelle
April 17th, 2009, 10:29 PM
My hair is dark everywhere but I'm always finding random blonde hairs (that are just as thick and long).

KajiKodomo
April 22nd, 2009, 08:18 AM
My head hair is dark and coarse. My leg hair is dark and coarse. My arm hair is a bit finer, though, but still dark. :D

Tweak=]
April 24th, 2009, 01:37 PM
Hey my hair is mixed or strawberry blonde :)
My leg hair is very fine and almost invisable lol very blonde :P

lynnala
April 25th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Whoops, I think I hit the wrong button. I have light fine hair but course and dark leg and underarm hair. What the heck?

earthdancer
April 26th, 2009, 02:01 PM
The hair on my head is in-between, not really dark or light, and very fine. The hair on my arms is light, sparse, and extremely fine, almost invisible.

My eyebrows and the hair on my legs is extremely dark and coarse (lucky, lucky me).

cassie_g
April 27th, 2009, 10:56 AM
I voted My hair is dark and my leg hairs are fine and dark. But the leg hair is dark from knee down and terribly fine and blond on my thighs. Which is fine with me, I only have to shave from the knee down. Don't worry I don't wear anything shorter than knee lenght anyways.

pineapple pea
April 29th, 2009, 11:39 PM
Wierdly enough, the hair on my thighs is blond, light, and almost invisible. I haven't shaved in years. My calves have dark and coarse hair. I shave weekly or more. So strange!

funnybunny668
April 30th, 2009, 05:38 PM
My hair is dark, leg hair is dark and somewhat coarse.

Lena43
May 1st, 2009, 01:42 AM
I have dark hair, and leg hair is dark aswell, not really fine.

Rhea
May 5th, 2009, 11:17 AM
My hair is dark , my arm- and legshair is also dark and thick . Itīs not so perfect , I hate it :mad: .
My eyebrows are black , my eyelashes too . That I like ! :D

natt i nord
May 5th, 2009, 11:54 AM
My leg hairs are fine and light, but is my haircolor light or dark? light/middle-brown and growing out chemical red :confused:
Most of my hair is still red and don't know whether to go after natural color or after this it is at the moment...

clairenewcastle
October 2nd, 2009, 09:01 PM
My leg hairs are thankfully very fine and light - to the point of almost being invisible.

Anywhere
October 3rd, 2009, 08:29 AM
light hair, coarse light leg hair.

Hiriel
October 3rd, 2009, 10:00 AM
My leg hair is both darker and coarser than my head hair (which is on the finer end of ii, and medium brown or auburn-ish). My leg hair is in fact black. Looks very nice against pale-as-snow skin, I promise you :rolleyes:

claram89
October 3rd, 2009, 10:02 AM
My hair color is a dark-ish blond, and the rest of the hair on my body (ALL OF THE HAIR) is really really light blond. Almost hard to see. Except for this one hair on my thigh. It's really dark, really long, and creeps me out. Whenever I find it, I have to pluck it out.

Vrushali
October 3rd, 2009, 10:03 AM
uggghhh...leg hair!!:rolleyes:

ETA: My hair is dark and leg hair is dark and coarse!

Laylah
October 3rd, 2009, 01:28 PM
My hair is black and medium, whereas why leg hair is black and baby-fine.

LittleOrca
October 3rd, 2009, 01:34 PM
My hair is a light brown (naturally) and my leg hair is the same and fine.

Anywhere
October 3rd, 2009, 02:59 PM
My hair color is a dark-ish blond, and the rest of the hair on my body (ALL OF THE HAIR) is really really light blond. Almost hard to see. Except for this one hair on my thigh. It's really dark, really long, and creeps me out. Whenever I find it, I have to pluck it out.

LOL!
I wish i had hard to see leg hair.

RubyRose
October 3rd, 2009, 03:05 PM
I have red hair but blonde leg hair. My eyebrows are also very blonde!

23_seconds
October 3rd, 2009, 11:03 PM
My leg hair is both darker and coarser than my head hair (which is on the finer end of ii, and medium brown or auburn-ish). My leg hair is in fact black. Looks very nice against pale-as-snow skin, I promise you :rolleyes:

Same here.

meph
October 4th, 2009, 05:21 AM
My hair's red and coarse. The hair on my legs is either a pale strawberry blonde and coarse (mostly my calves, where I shave more often), or a pale strawberry blonde, paler than on my calves, and fine (thighs).

colibri
October 4th, 2009, 06:57 AM
my hair is light brown but the hair on my legs is almost black:confused:

JCFantasy23
October 5th, 2009, 09:12 AM
My hair is dark on my head, legs, underarm and erm nethers...but oddly enough on my arms I only get light, light blonde hair. :eye:

emeraldfaery
October 5th, 2009, 09:15 AM
My hair is dark blonde and most of my leg hairs are invisibly blonde unless I'm in the sun.

RocketDog
October 5th, 2009, 10:19 PM
I'm naturally a light blah-blonde, and my leg hair is the same color. It's almost transparent unless I let it grow really long, and even then it's very sparse and not terribly noticeable even against my pale skin.

Syaoransbear
October 5th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Dirty blonde hair and fine, white leg hair. It's cool because if I don't shave nobody notices. I don't think I've shaved my legs since june.

sally_neuf
October 5th, 2009, 10:38 PM
I'm a natural almost black hair (dark dark brown)

However, my leg hair is very fine and much lighter than my head hair, If I don't shave my legs, no one notices it.

Brighe
October 6th, 2009, 03:27 AM
my hair is light brown but the hair on my legs is almost black:confused:

I have the same problem... :rolleyes:
and itīs not only almost black, there really is a lot of hair... :(

Nacaya
October 6th, 2009, 03:07 PM
My leg and arm hairs are very fine and much lighter than the hair on my head. It's fine just the way it is, if I dont' shave you have to take a very close look to notice it.

bigmama8
October 6th, 2009, 07:16 PM
I have dark brown hair but my leg hairs are black and coarse textured.

Bianca
October 7th, 2009, 05:29 AM
Have dark blonde hair, and very light hair on my legs :)