PDA

View Full Version : Almost cut it...

LadyEliza
April 13th, 2010, 06:42 PM
It's been a while since I posted.

I have been having problems with my curly/whirly hair - mostly getting use to it as I have had naturally straight hair all my life. (totally changed by itself when I was 40!)

In Brisbane (Australia), humidity is horrid, and I was a constant frizz ball. I thought that the only solution was going to be getting my hair cut.

Then I went to see Gareth at "Inch" in Paddington. (no, I have no affiliation!) He showed me, for no cost, some products that would help. He even washed my hair, applied the products and showed me how to use them - still no cost.

I bought the products. And now I know the difference between paying $12 for something at a Chemist or supermarket and paying $32 for a product from a hair dresser...

$20.

Oh - and the $32 product actually WORKS!

I'm sold. With the more expensive product you use less, so it is ecconomical, and I have soft, well behaved whirls that look lovely - for the first time since my hair was pixie length!

My hair is now BSL and looks GOOD.

If you are curly and want to try products that work, MOP certainly has helped me a lot!

Photo 1 - some time back, but you can see the frizz

http://www.dogtrainingteam.com/temp/hair.jpg

Photo 2 - after MOP leave in conditionor and curl (still a bit wet for this photo, but usually by this stage I'd be FRIZZ central!)

http://www.dogtrainingteam.com/temp/elizahair2.jpg

melrose1985
April 13th, 2010, 06:52 PM
WOW! it looks great!

Speckla
April 13th, 2010, 06:57 PM
Beautiful curls.

loralie
April 13th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Your curls showed up at 40? You're giving me hope lady! :D

I'm so glad you didn't cut it- your hair is gorgeous! GORGEOUS.

LadyEliza
April 13th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Yes, and I had no idea what to do with them! I had very straight, classic length hair, and around the top of my head all the new growth came through fizzy. I kept going for awhile, trying to stick down the new friz with water, finally had to give in.

Got cut to a pixie (that was a shock!) and ended up with a head full of ringletts!

They have relaxed as they have grown longer, I no longer look like an overweight, over aged Shirley Temple!

But now I know what to do with them, I'm so relieved. :)

loralie
April 13th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Yes, and I had no idea what to do with them! I had very straight, classic length hair, and around the top of my head all the new growth came through fizzy. I kept going for awhile, trying to stick down the new friz with water, finally had to give in.

Got cut to a pixie (that was a shock!) and ended up with a head full of ringletts!

They have relaxed as they have grown longer, I no longer look like an overweight, over aged Shirley Temple!

But now I know what to do with them, I'm so relieved. :)

LOL I'm sure you never looked like an overweight overaged Shirley Temple. :p

They look beautiful now. Don't tell me you had to cut your hair off to get them to grow in, I look really horrible in a pixie... haha!

jera
April 14th, 2010, 01:07 AM
What a difference ! It actually looks longer too. I'm so glad you found products that work for you. When ever I find keepers it's cheese time.

:cheese:

Lassie
April 14th, 2010, 03:05 AM
im an advocate for 'you get what you pay for' especially with a lot of hair and beauty products....
i use pricey shampoo and conditioner

having said that get ALL my beauty products from http://www.naturals.com.au/ she is in qld - but posts, her products are really cheap, and fantastic quality.....best of its all 100% natural! Been using her for years and the products are better then any expensive products i have used

your hair looks fab!

kelly-j
April 14th, 2010, 03:34 AM
wow, that´s a dramatical change. Your hair looks so soft and shiny. I´m glad your find a product that worked for your hair.

GlassEyes
April 14th, 2010, 05:05 AM
That's definitely an improvement. :D

You might want to take a look at naturallycurly.com and their recommendations and such. If MOP C works, that's great, but there's still a wealth of information there on how to have curly hair without uber frizz. There's a LOT of abbreviation to get used to, but there's a key somewhere on the site.

It's actually more helpful than this site for curly hair care techniques in many regards, though I'm far more active here.

Loreley
April 14th, 2010, 05:16 AM
Congrats on the improvement! :D

Bethie
April 14th, 2010, 05:36 AM
Congrats on finding something that works for your hair! You hair looks so shiny and the curls are fabulous.

FrannyG
April 14th, 2010, 05:39 AM
I am so happy that you found something that works for your hair! :hollie: It looks lovely, and I'm so glad that you didn't resort to cutting it. :)