PDA

View Full Version : A question for my LHC friends

starlights
April 13th, 2010, 04:44 PM
I usaully oil my hair 3x a week (my hair can be quiet dry and prone to flaky scalp) with oiling ive noticed I dont have this problem anymore which is great!

Im due to start a new job soon, so my hair care routine needs to change (i cant go to work with greasy hair after oiling) so ive read an alternative to provide moisture to my dry hair : "leave in conditioner!"

has anyone here use this product? (am guessing some of you do)

how many days do you leave it in before washing out?

can it be applied to the scalp too?

any help will be appreciated! i start my new job next week! :D

cocolover
April 13th, 2010, 07:11 PM
Depending on how oily your scalp gets normally, you could get away with a very light scalp oiling (like a dime amount) 3X a week still. I really don't like leave-in conditioner on the scalp, I think it causes flakiness for me. I do really like leave-in on my length though. I apply a quarter-size blob to wet hair and then top with a very tiny amount of oil for shine. I CO every other day. HTH

loralie
April 13th, 2010, 07:15 PM
I think the amount of oil you use determines how greasy your hair will be. I use lots of coconut/almond/whatever oil on my ends and then spray a leave in conditioner (you can even use normal conditioner if you can figure out the right amount) on top of it. My hair is super thirsty though, it never looks overly greasy unless I overdo it.

If it's too greasy looking just wear it up for the day! :)

rubyredslippers
April 13th, 2010, 07:29 PM
You could always alter your regimen a little, and oil when you get home from work, and wash it out before you go to sleep or when you wake up in the morning. It's an option, at the least.

spidermom
April 13th, 2010, 08:07 PM
Suggestion - heavy oiling once per week before washing, choose a day off work.

I use my regular conditioner as a leave-in. Currently it's Save Your Hair/Save Your Rainforest, but I've used other kinds, and I like most of them. My ends are a long distance from my scalp and need the extra moisture. You probably won't have to buy something special to use as a leave-in. Start with a pea-sized amount on ends and increase/decrease according to results.

dropinthebucket
April 14th, 2010, 07:17 AM
Congrats on the new job! :)

sherigayle
April 14th, 2010, 07:22 AM
I mix Suave coconut conditioner with water and keep it in a spray bottle. I spritz it on the ends when they start to feel dry. My son gets tangle in the back of his hair and I spray it on his hair to brush the tangles out every day.

starlights
April 14th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Following on from your advice I've brought some almond and coconut leave in conditioner today!

i sprayed some on my hair length.... it definately does the "protecting hair job" whilst im at work, and i will do the heavy oiling on my day off .... :)

Hopefully this new hair regime works & stops too many splits and breakage occuring :) I shall keep you all updated. Many thanks for your advice.