PDA

View Full Version : Young girl attacked - over braids?!

halo_tightens
April 13th, 2010, 09:49 AM
I just saw this [Link removed pending moderator review] news story... Apparently this girl was beaten up by another girl because of her braids, of all things! What on earth about her braided hair could have caused such a reaction? Was there perhaps something more going on? I don't get it...

Loreley
April 13th, 2010, 09:58 AM
:shocked:This is horrible. Poor girl...

Bethie
April 13th, 2010, 10:15 AM
A third student recorded the attack on cell phone and distributed around the school.

This is the most disturbing part for me. It is horrible that this girl was attacked.. but that some kid was recording it and then sent it to everyone :disbelief

hmmm
April 13th, 2010, 12:31 PM
It is horrible that this girl was attacked.. but that some kid was recording it and then sent it to everyone :disbelief

Isn't that how journalism works too?

Drynwhyl
April 13th, 2010, 01:09 PM
I assume there was something more...
I remember how mean kids can be. Just because someone's chubby or ginger or wears glasses, he's a freak and he should be harmed. I don't want to know what they'll grow up into...

Lady Mary
April 13th, 2010, 01:13 PM
Just horrible...

Bast
April 13th, 2010, 01:42 PM
Horrible. Absolutely horrible.

But does anybody else find it slightly ironic that the girl's mother was worried about how the video of the fight would end up on the internet...and they showed it in the news clip? :rolleyes:

jera
April 13th, 2010, 02:43 PM
After hearing about something like this, I almost despair of the human race. :(

Sarahmoon
April 13th, 2010, 02:58 PM
Bullies always have the most ridiculous and stupid reasons for their actions. IMO she was probably jealous at this girl's pretty hair.

tralalalara
April 13th, 2010, 04:01 PM
Horrible. Absolutely horrible.

But does anybody else find it slightly ironic that the girl's mother was worried about how the video of the fight would end up on the internet...and they showed it in the news clip? :rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing.

But really, if it's on the news first, then it wont be a "cool secret" for kids to spread around to each other online.

aprilmay
April 13th, 2010, 04:03 PM
People can definitely be cruel at times and there isn't always a clear reason. I hope the girl who was attacked is alright.

SHELIAANN1969
April 13th, 2010, 04:55 PM
I honestly don't think it was about her hair.

The quote was: Felicia Daniels says she was attacked by another girl from school apparently upset with Felicia's hair braids.

The middle school student says the girl approached her, told her she liked her braids then began hitting and pulling her hair.

It sounds as if that was just a ploy to get her attention, catch her off guard and hit her. I think there was some underlying reason, that was just a way to trick her into not being on the defense.

It is terrible, I'm glad someone caught the girl on video, videos don't lie, that will hold up in court to convict her.

Copasetic
April 13th, 2010, 05:13 PM
That's heinous. I wish I hadn't watched the video clip. :(

Flynn
April 13th, 2010, 05:20 PM
I honestly don't think it was about her hair.

The quote was: Felicia Daniels says she was attacked by another girl from school apparently upset with Felicia's hair braids.

The middle school student says the girl approached her, told her she liked her braids then began hitting and pulling her hair.

It sounds as if that was just a ploy to get her attention, catch her off guard and hit her. I think there was some underlying reason, that was just a way to trick her into not being on the defense.

It is terrible, I'm glad someone caught the girl on video, videos don't lie, that will hold up in court to convict her.

Exactly. It's pure, simple physical bullying. It starts out with "heh, nice hair" or "oooh, I love your socks", and then all of a sudden you're on the pavement. It's got nothing directly to do with hair.

aef231
April 13th, 2010, 06:05 PM
It looked to me like the girl who was attacked got in a few good licks of her own ;) And I definitely agree that there must've been something else to it.
Has anyone heard, though, about all of the redhead kids getting attacked at schools? After the episode of South Park about "gingers" aired on Comedy Central, a slew of redheads got hit, kicked, you name it! The ironic thing was, the episode was actually about tolerance and accepting people's differences, regardless of what they look like. Guess the kids didn't get the memo. :doh:

Here's a little article about the "Kick a Ginger" day thing.
[link removed pending moderator reviewl]

Delila
April 13th, 2010, 09:29 PM
I'm closing this thread, since I'm convinced these horror stories add nothing of value to the community.

Before posting a link to a potentially unpleasant news item, I think it's a good idea to take a moment to consider it's reception by the community.

If all people are likely to do is post 'How horrible' replies, it's likely we can and should do without the discussion.

We have better things to talk about, don't we?