PDA

View Full Version : 2s what length do your curls show?

Purdy Bear
April 13th, 2010, 07:28 AM
What length of hair did you waves, spiral curls etc begin to show?

I can remember one good hairdresser discussing my waves and some spirals, but she said the later dont always show their faces until your hair gets to a certain length. Iv looked at past photos but Iv straightened my hair in most by brushing and using a hairdryer (I know not to do that now).

LoveMyLongHair
April 13th, 2010, 08:23 AM
My hair is wavy from scalp down, my spirals are the bottom inches of my hair. Odd, but mine. :D

EvaSimone
April 13th, 2010, 08:34 AM
I am barely wavy. The waves started showing up somewhere between BSL and Waist which is coincidentally a few months after I joined LHC. Part of it was because I stopped using cones and started adding lots of moisture. What used to be random kinky bits became waves. :D

chelles2kids
April 13th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Mine are wavy from the scalp down, after a big trim last summer, I am now between bsl & waist, closer to waist though. ;)

XcaliburGirl
April 13th, 2010, 09:00 AM
My waves start gently around my ears and gradually get stronger from there. This caused some problems when I got a bob and then later got short layers. I loved the feel of that hair cut, but it needed constant trimming or pieces of hair would start flipping in weird directions.

Topaz
April 13th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Mine starts curling about an inch out from my center part. The face-framing sides are the curliest, as they immediately dry into tight spiral curls (my bangs are curly to the point of being ridiculous!). The back will form into much looser spiral curls, with the ends a little tighter. Most of the spiraling starts right about the top of my ears, but the curls/waves start much higher --- as I said, starting about an inche out from my center part.

Then when it's dry and I comb it, the back falls into waves and the front looks just a tad frizzy as the spirals are pulled out. The tips all around, and the front sides too, will continue to spiral for maybe the first day or so after washing, and I catch myself combing it more often just to pull the spirals out --- and then later it all eases out into a straighter style. Usually 2nd and 3rd day hair is my favorite (my signature picture is 2nd day hair).

Domino
April 13th, 2010, 09:07 AM
Mine also starts around ears, was a pain when I wore it in an inverted bob. Starts to spiral around my shoulders and goes on in loose spirals from there. The spirals get tighter at the tips though :)

lapushka
April 13th, 2010, 09:18 AM
2 to 4 inches from the root. It's too frizzy to be straight and not wavy enough to look okay in short styles and that's terrible. It gets slightly better with a blunt chin length cut. However, a blunt chin length cut has to be straightened for it to look decent and so do shorter styles. The ends will flip out in weird directions no matter how often it's blow dried the other way. Hair that short in my case requires so much upkeep and styling effort. Without the constant upkeep my waves are very messy and unkempt. It all gets so much better past shoulder length, layered or not; the "wild look" is just better suited to that length and beyond.

spidermom
April 13th, 2010, 10:01 AM
My spirals showed up between APL and BSL. Before that, my hair looked very full, big, fluffy.

JenniferNoel
April 13th, 2010, 10:05 AM
My curls and waves showed up at shoulder! And they really revealed themselves after quitting bleach and heat. They can be seen from the chin down. :)

Roseate
April 13th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Somewhere between chin and shoulder is where they start looking like waves and not just misshapen lumps for me. Full spirals come a little later, between shoulder & APL.