PDA

View Full Version : Hi, another longhair lover here!

<She>
May 5th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Hi, I am Mary, I've had
long hair as long as I can remember. Now it's past tailbone and I'm aiming for classic. I used to tease my hair, dye it black with drugstore dye and "black henna" since I didn't know that it had other compounds in it, then bleached the two front sides framing my face and dyed them red, then black again with magenta and blue peroxide-free gels(not at the same time)...

Anyway, that was 4-5 years ago, now I know better and I'm letting it natural. I've used Lush henna twice, first the Rouge, second Noir, and I can say they were nicely conditioning, they gave my hair a nice red shine. My natural color is medium dark brown, at least I think so.

My routine is not consistent, sometimes I CO, sometimes WO, and about twice a month I use diluted shampoo mixed with a little conditioner. I wash about 2-3 times a week. Sometimes I use burdock root oil as a leave-in on damp hair, other times I oil heavily with olive oil or the burdock root oil.
And, as a last note for now, I think I am the only longhair goth girl in my town (it's a small town, there aren't even other goths), except for the gypsies in the town. They have beautifull hair.
Oh dear, sorry for the long post. I get carried away sometimes. I'm very glad that I finally joined here after all the lurking.:)

jera
May 5th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Hi Mary, and welcome to the LHC.

I'm sort of new here myself. It sounds like you tortured your poor hair for a long time. :confused: I've done that myself. What exactly is burdock oil? That sounds like something I might like to try in a mister.
I'm potty about long hair and am quite a product junkie too. :p But many of my one time experiments have proved to become long term "I can't live without this product."

Like you, I too use olive oil for a weekly or bi-weekly oiling treatment. I'll have to look up burdock oil on google and see what that one is all about, because it does sound familiar to me somehow.

Looking forward to seeing and reading more of your interesting posts on the boards.

hazelfaern
May 6th, 2008, 12:01 AM
Welcome, <she>!

savi
May 6th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Welcome, sounds like you'll fit right in. :flower:

Raederle
May 6th, 2008, 08:05 AM
Welcome :waving: Lots of fun reading here, and even more in the archives. Get the old hair blog going; it really helps to keep track of what works and what needs a little rethinking.

VikingJarl
May 6th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Welcome and good luck with your hair! Mine has suffered years of neglect and I've suddenly realised if I want to keep it long I'm gonna have to look after it;-) I only joined on here yesterday, but the forum is great and everyone is really friendly.

<She>
May 6th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Thank you all for your kind welcome.:)

@ jera : the burdock root oil is a base oil with added extract from the root of the burdock plant. It smells not so attractive, but it makes my hair very shiny and it doesn't leave any oilyness, as long as I don't over-oil.

And, I've been lurking for quite some time so I'm aquainted with the basics here.
(english is not my first language, so sorry if something I write seems like unusual combination of words)